Need help or advice on finding a good pre-school

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by Rostrawberry, Dec 12, 2006.

1. Rostrawberry

Rostrawberry Well-Known Member

I am new to this area since my daughter will be 3 years old this summer and I would like to get her into pre-k 3 maybe 2 or 3 days a week. I know some may have a waiting list so i thought I better get cracking.

Maybe in the Clayton/Clevland area and something that is not too expensive since I will have another one to follow in fall of 2008.

Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated

Ro
    :D

2. froggerplus

froggerplus Well-Known Member

Hey Ro~

My daughter went thru Little Stepping Stones and they were great. She's still there, at their after school program. They've build a new center/s so I *think* the wait is minimal. Call 779-3800.

Good luck!

Frogger

3. Vitameatavegemin

Vitameatavegemin Well-Known Member

Christ Community Preschool and Horne Preschool (both in Clayton) have great preschool programs. They are 1/2 day programs, not daycares, and the 3 year old classes meet on Tuesdays and Thursdays. They have classes for 2's (that meet 2 mornings a week) and 4's (3 mornings a week) as well. They should have registration for next year sometime in February.

4. Rostrawberry

by any chance do they have website

5. PirateGirl

PirateGirl Well-Known Member

My sister is a pre-school teacher at Mount Pleasant Wee Care on Hwy 42. They have reasonable rates and are Christian-based.

6. DAH22

DAH22 Well-Known Member

7. ginger1989

ginger1989 Well-Known Member

We just started our son at Little Stepping Stones and we love them.

8. momz x 2

momz x 2 Well-Known Member

9. mom2two

mom2two Well-Known Member

My kids goto and went to Tippett's Chapel. they have 1/2 day 5 days a week and it's year round. WE love it!

10. sarahmama

sarahmama Well-Known Member

I work at Johnson Memorial Church preschool. We have a fabulous school. My son has been there for 1 1/2 years, and the amount of change has been phenomenal. He has learned so much, in just that short time. I would recommend them to anyone.

11. Rostrawberry

My neighbor told me about Johnson Memorial...can you give me an idea how much it cost.

Thanks

12. ws

ws Well-Known Member

Great Preschools

We started at Little Stepping Stones and you couldn't pay me to put my child there after the neglect she received. We are at Open Arms Child Development and I couldn't ask for a better center. It is located at Holy Cross Lutheran. The teachers and director are wonderful and they have made a big difference in my daughter's life. PM if you have any other questions and I will be glad to answer them.

13. walloon

walloon Well-Known Member

I think Horne is the best around. Not too expensive or big either.

14. ginger1989

ginger1989 Well-Known Member

I'm sorry you had a rough time at Stepping Stones. I have my diabetic child at the new building and they have been more than wonderful. I did try to get into Open Arms and no one would return my calls. My husband finally stopped in and they told they were full.

15. cmdknw06

cmdknw06 Well-Known Member

My son is at little stepping stones 2 and LOVES it! he was in another daycare before and hated it...so far, we've had no problems at all, and LOVE little stepping stones 2!

16. Breezy18

Breezy18 Well-Known Member

Preschool

I would highly recommend Johnson Memorial Church Preschool My son has been there since he was two. He has learned so much and it is amazing to see all the kids there and how much they have learned and changed! They have a 'preschool' sunday to present the children accomplishments to the church and parents twice a year. They sing songs and such. It is really cute! I think the next one is in February. I will post it when I find out the date for sure.

17. gcoats3

gcoats3 Well-Known Member

Last edited: Jan 4, 2007
  18. sarahmama

sarahmama Well-Known Member

Sorry I haven't gotten back to you sooner Rostrawberry, Johnson Memorial has 4 different age programs. 2, 3 and 4 year olds, plus a playgroup for 1yr olds. It is an awesome program, my son has been there for 2 years. The teachers are awesome at the preschool. I do know that the 3 and 4 yr old programs are $125 per month for 3 days a week. Breezy, who is your child? I work at the preschool.

19. rjfields

rjfields Well-Known Member

We were at LSS and could not stand it. We are now at Kids R Kids and love it. Being able to see our son while we are at work through the online viewing is great.

20. Rostrawberry

I will look into it, Can you also give me the phone number.

Thanks