Happy New Year Triples at HT!

Discussion in 'Money Matters' started by frugalmomoftwo, Jan 2, 2007.

1. frugalmomoftwo

frugalmomoftwo Well-Known Member

Happy New Year!! Rumor has it that Harris Teeter will be tripling Fri, Sat and Sun. The info is usually in the sales fliers on Wednesday, so hopefully that rumor will be confirmed tomorrow.

Once I know the details, I will post them. If anyone else sees the sales flier before tomorrow - please let us know if triples is definitely going to happen.

Please don't call Harris Teeter and ask about it because I have it on good authority that they are tired of all the calls about triples. We really don't want to get them cranky enough that they stop the promotions!

Fingers crossed the rumor is true!!

2. PirateGirl

PirateGirl Well-Known Member

I need coupons...ugh!

3. Kelyel

Kelyel Well-Known Member

Me too!

Refrish my poor old memory -

HT Coupon Policy?
    up to .99 or only .50 or .60???

TIA

4. harleygirl

harleygirl Well-Known Member

.99 :-D

5. ljk

ljk Well-Known Member

It is in their flier!! Triples Fri-Sun 99 cents, 20 coupons at a time!

6. JenniferK

JenniferK Well-Known Member

I didn't make it to Lowe's. Whatcha wanna bet I'll be in the hospital this weekend? LOL

So who wants to take my binder and go shopping for me? LOL

7. harleygirl

harleygirl Well-Known Member

if no one volunteers, i'll do it. Just don't make it a habit!

8. le

le Well-Known Member

With a list and the go ahead to steal any coupons for myself, I will do it just this once too!

I have a folder (from HG) full of coupons if anyone wants them. I went through them again last night and still a big stack even with the 12.31.06 expireds pulled!

9. froggerplus

froggerplus Well-Known Member

Girl, let's switch! I'll get mine to you first thing in the a.m.

Frogger

10. JenniferK

Just before Lowe's triples, I gave all my extra's away! And there were a ton!

So I didn't make it to Lowe's....

I'd love to try to go today to HT, but I don't think I have enough coupons. Anyone have any excess they want to share? I can pick up!

11. ljk

ljk Well-Known Member

Sorry I dont have any extras but Sunday's paper is supposed to have 4 inserts if you can wait until then.... good luck!

12. froggerplus

I have some. Not the same ones either ;) . Want 'em?

Frogger

13. JenniferK

Yes, I'll come by your office today, lol....

Thanks!

14. ready2cmyKing

ready2cmyKing Well-Known Member

Just got back from my two small HT trips. On the first go round, I spent $18.31 and saved $49.40, but that did include a few items that we needed but I didn't have coupons for, such as bread, coffee, etc. On the second go round, I spent $65.87 and saved $75.48. On this round I bought meats that were on sale, such as HT "pic of the chic" that was BOGO, and shrimp that was normally $17.98/2lb bag and was on sale for $5.98/2lb bag. I bought 2 packages of the chicken, 2 bags of the shrimp and some cocktail sauces. Those things really messed up my coupon totals! :neutral:

Got home, opened the chest freezer in the garage and it is DEAD... all of the food in it has thawed out! :cry: Thank God it was less than half full and had very little meat in it. Guess who will be making veggie beef soup with LOTS of veggies tonight. ;)

15. froggerplus

Way to go, Ready! Sorry abt the dead freezer, tho :neutral: .

I'm going shopping after work, I think. Which HT do ya'll like better the one in FV or the new one over at 101/401?

Thanks!!
    Frogger

16. ready2cmyKing

ready2cmyKing Well-Known Member

I went to both today. The one at 401 was much busier and supplies were lower than the one in FV, but I was in FV pretty early, so who knows which one is better stocked by now. :?

Have fun, glad I'm done! :-D

17. froggerplus

Bummer. I wanted to try the new one.

Anyone else been this afternoon?

18. Cottonlady

Cottonlady Active Member

HT at 1010 and 401

I went to the HT at 1010 and 401 after work yesterday. This was the first time I have ever done triples but my friend has shopped for triples most of her life and she said that she thought they were well stocked. The grocery manager was walking around making a list of the things that were selling quickly. He said that he did not know they were going to be having triples so he was not prepared. He also said he was checking shelves to see what was selling the best and was ordering more. He had trucks scheduled for every day. There were only 2 items that I wanted that were sold out. I spent $17.22 and saved $38.33.

19. Tit4Tat

Tit4Tat Well-Known Member

I went today. There wasnt much left at all. Ugh.

On another note, this week there were 5 books of coupons with my sunday paper. I got some good ones before I went to HT.

I spent 130 and paid 65 after all was said and done. I have got to get better at this. Faye is my hero.

20. pkc789

pkc789 Well-Known Member

I only received 3 packets of coupons in today's paper. I went to HT in Cary (small store near the mall) and paid $12 and saved $37.59. The casher total me the coupon limit was 20 including any $1 off or more that you might have in addition to you 20 triples. I have never had that problem before.