A place for random thoughts....

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by JenniferK, Mar 15, 2006.

1. tawiii

tawiii Guest

I am still surprised how dumb some of the threads are posted on this site. ;)

2. nsanemom22

nsanemom22 Well-Known Member

:evil: I want a cigarette.

3. HidesinOBX

HidesinOBX Well-Known Member

Way to go Jennifer! The first year is the absolute toughest...CONGRATS!

The silkquit meter is an awesome motivator! I loaded mine Five years, two weeks, 20 hours, 48 minutes and 55 seconds ago. 64430 cigarettes not smoked, saving $7,570.56. Life saved: 31 weeks, 6 days, 17 hours, 10 minutes.

A big YEEEHAW to all who are hanging in there! It's hard, but SO worth the effort!

4. nsanemom22

Now I want a cigarette and a bbq sandwich. :mrgreen:

5. harleygirl

harleygirl Well-Known Member

LMAO! :lol:

KC, yes DH is still alive. I'm doing good. I know that's why my head has been KILLING me the past few days. :evil: Lack of niccotine and caffeine! :roll: :roll: :roll:

Nsane wanna start a 40/42.com support group? :mrgreen:

6. Master_Shake

Master_Shake Banned

A very good friend of mine went to a Dr. in Raleigh and actually got a shot in the ear to stop her from smoking. It works on acupunture points so there is very little pain (she said she didn't even feel it) and it injects some type of blocker pretty much directly into the brain receptors that trigger the nicotine cravings. She had the shot three weeks ago and has never even wanted a smoke since then. She said that the cravings stopped immediately. She has been able to have a drink and be around smokers without it bothering her at all. The shot cost $159.00 and it is administered by an M.D. It sounds like a good idea to me. Now if I can just get Frylock's PC to the pawn shop without him knowing about it.

7. CraigSPL

CraigSPL Well-Known Member

My next door neighbor had the shots close to 2 years ago if I am not mistaken and hasn't wanted a ciggie since.

Craig

8. MissyPrissy

MissyPrissy Well-Known Member

Daaaaang! Wish they had a wieght loss shot like that!:-D

9. Bren

Bren Well-Known Member

Me too MP...I'd be first in line!! :lol:

10. kaci

kaci Well-Known Member

i want them both:lol: Seriously though, is this a one time shot or do you have to go back for follow up shots? Anyone know the name of it so i can look it up?

11. harleygirl

Dr Joe Case in Garner (Chiropractic Partners) does that. ;)
    Offers a money back guarantee.

12. nsanemom22

Girl this already is my support group. [​IMG]

13. CraigSPL

CraigSPL Well-Known Member

Couple of shots and a prescription to take home with you and that is it. She hasn't wanted a cigarette since she had the treatment.

Craig

14. Tit4Tat

Tit4Tat Well-Known Member

I love blueberry morning cereal.

15. tassy

tassy Well-Known Member

HTTP://WWW.STOPSMOKINGTRIANGLE.COM

I believe it was close to $400 which they had to pay out of pocket and up front. The doctors office provided the necessary paperwork and insurance filing codes to submit for re-imbursement yourself. I think they're insurance plan reimbursed all but $100, and the presecriptions were covered under that portion of their health insurance plan. But, all that will vary based on each individuals health insurance coverage or lack of.

Last edited: Jan 24, 2007
  16. Southernborn

Southernborn Well-Known Member

I know someone that had it done at Duke..it was like $400.00. He had it done 2 years ago and was a 4 pack a day/30 year smoker and hasn't had one since.

17. Clif

Clif Guest

I don't know, I've been smoking for 35 years (give or take).

I find it hard to believe that a shot or two behind the ears and I'll never even want a cigarette again.

Is mindset part of it? I mean, if I don't believe it works, will it not work?

18. ready2cmyKing

ready2cmyKing Well-Known Member

Guess you'll have to plunk down 400 bucks to find out for yourself.

Kinda like finding out how many licks there are to the center of a Tootsie Roll Pop. :mrgreen:

19. harleygirl

'That's what I keep saying... mind over matter.

One week except for the 3 I chain smoked Friday night:mrgreen:
    I'm doing ok just don't speak to me! :lol: :lol:

20. Master_Shake

Master_Shake Banned

Per my friend, you can get it done for $159.00. She went to Dr. Stokes in Raleigh. The number is (919) 850-0880. Good luck.