A place for random thoughts....

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by JenniferK, Mar 15, 2006.

1. tassy

tassy Well-Known Member

Not sure I'd go to someone who is that dramatically cheaper, based on a referral of a 3 week success story. As DH said, our neighbor is going on 3 years after having gone to the Raleigh Stop Smoking clinic that I linked in my previous reply. There is a message on their payment page that it's even tax deductible now. But not matter... good for anyone making any effort to stop smoking.

2. ForeverFaithful

ForeverFaithful Well-Known Member

I think I should go on "STRIKE" at home!!!! Tired of working all the time while everyone else sits on thier duffs! Fight traffic to Raleigh, work at my job, fight traffic coming home and then walk into the door to nothing being done, even after me asking if such and such was done or to please do this for me, etc! Bad part is, no one would probably care!

Sorry for sounding witchy, but it has been a terrible day, ended up having to work late and having to cancel an appointment I had, and then came home to a mess and nothing done that I asked to have done (like homework done, floors swept, dinner started, tea made and showers taken). Guess I was asking too much for a 14 year old and 17 year old. :rolleyes:

3. HidesinOBX

HidesinOBX Well-Known Member

Personally, I tried just about everything and learned, when it sounds too good to be true, it usually is. The thing is this, nicotine is addictive. If you can't quit, you're an addict. Just because I wasn't lying in a ditch with a needle in my arm doesn't make a difference...it's just a different drug. Nicotine had control of my life. I couldn't function without it. Cigarettes controlled everything I did. I tried for years to quit and I can say, that eventually this last quit stuck. All the practice quits helped me figure out the nature of the beast...so never stop trying.

I am still an nicotine addict though because if I have just one, I'll be back right where I started. There is no such thing as havning ONE cigarette!

Anyway, everyone is different and it doesn't hurt to try whatever you can do to quit and stay that way.

Check this site out for for info; www.nicotine-anonymous.org

I couldn't have quit without it and it's free!

4. Southernborn

Southernborn Well-Known Member

I hope Nifong gets what he deserves....to be disbarred. I've told my DH since day 1 of the allegations, that it was all political BS!

Forever,

Make them do it. Last night I came home from work, my DH did the grocery shopping (because I'm frankly tired of doing everything), I made a nice salad for dinner and we ALL pitched in and cleaned the house (so it wouldn't have to be done this weekend). I used to do everything, but I pretty much laid the law down a couple months ago. It's amazing how people change and really do help with everyday chores when they know you're not doing it anymore, unless they help (or as I said, if I have to do everything, then I'll be single and do everything for me). I work outside the home just like my DH, so why should I have to do it all?

My 12 yo and 9 yo are in charge of the upstairs. They are responsible for cleaning their bedrooms, the bonus room and their bathroom. They are also responsible for the coat closet downstairs. I go and inspect, and if it's not done to my satisfaction, I make them redo it until it is. If they don't do it, then no pc, phone, tv, friends.

5. ShrtnSwt

ShrtnSwt Well-Known Member

OMG I was thinking the same thing. All I asked was the dishwasher be loaded and the living room be vacuumed. I did it all my self after fighting traffic and working all day. Something fell on the floor and no one bothered to pick it up. Sat there til I got home!!!
    I am with you about going on strike but then I don't think I could handle the mess and smelly children!

6. Tit4Tat

Tit4Tat Well-Known Member

Already done it....doesnt work:neutral: Southern has it down. Maybe I need to get her ideas.

Last edited: Jan 25, 2007
  7. kookookacho

kookookacho Well-Known Member

I make my oldest clean his room. He always asks me... who's going to help me? I tell him... who made the mess? Of course he moans and groans but darn if he can't clean it up in a whistle when he wants something. LOL

edit: OH yeah and THANK GOD I don't work in Raleigh... my hat's off to those who do. I couldn't fight traffic then come home to what I do. Ya'll are Super women! LOL

8. JenniferK

JenniferK Well-Known Member

Sigh............

Was gonna go down to JCC and get my eyebrows waxed, cause they're bushy and it's only $4......I can't take the baby...something about state regulations, blah blah, etc....

I can take her to a regular salon though, and pay $9 to have it done......

Stupid regulations.........

9. ready2cmyKing

ready2cmyKing Well-Known Member

You could run to CVS and get a pair of these [​IMG] for less than $3.00. :-D

10. JenniferK

Ready...I can't see well enough with one eye shut to pluck the eyebrow over the other eye. Plus....tweezers hurt, lol. I prefer the quickness of the wax!

11. kookookacho

kookookacho Well-Known Member

or you could go to Sally's beauty supply and get a jar of microwave wax and do it yourself! Also Sally hinson (sp?) has some pretty good microwave wax and it comes with this cooling lotion for afterwards.

From the looks of mine you would figure I would take my very own advice. LOL
    ... says the woman who needs to shave her other leg!

12. JenniferK

Anybody wanna go have lunch with me today?

13. le

le Well-Known Member

yes, call me!?!

14. JenniferK

Now I have to look up your number!! lol

15. le

le Well-Known Member

i am trying to find yours first!!!

16. MissyPrissy

MissyPrissy Well-Known Member

I would but payday isn't until tomorrow.

17. ShrtnSwt

Wish there was a 4042 luncheon in Raleigh sometimes. I usually have lunch alone or sit at my desk.

18. CraigSPL

CraigSPL Well-Known Member

Silly.....you have to work first to get paid.

Craig

19. MissyPrissy

MissyPrissy Well-Known Member

I didn't say MY pay day.;)

And if what I'm doing isn't work....then I sure would like to know who is taking care of my 3 kids, washing the clothes, doing the dishes, making lunch, cooking dinner, cleaning the house, doing the yard work, taking care of the finances, etc, etc.:lol: ​

20. ShrtnSwt

mmmmmm Steak quesadia (sp?) from Qdoba. I have got to stop going out for lunch!