A place for random thoughts....

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by JenniferK, Mar 15, 2006.

1. MissyPrissy

MissyPrissy Well-Known Member

CHD here I come! What a freak'in day from H E Double Hockey Sticks!

2. Kelyel

Kelyel Well-Known Member

But on a HAPPY NOTE......... we got Mr. Little Clone of Daddy registered for Kindergarden today!!!! Weieieie Weieiieie!!! Go Little Man!!!

and
    Who ever said it would take about 10 min's was wwaaay wrong. With no line & it was 30+ min's just filling out form after form.

Still we are soooo Happy to be ready for Big K in the fall.

3. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

A little bragging to follow........................my DS placed 8th in the Boy Scouts District Pinewood Derby today (out of 42 kids from all the den's in the county). Woo Hoo! Not bad for his first year in the event!

OK, bragging is over now.....................................:oops:

4. barney726

barney726 Well-Known Member

Glad my Pinewood Derby days are over!

When my son was competing in Pinwood Derby some of the kids showed up with cars that looked like NASCAR vehicles. Turned out their dads were either auto mechanics, body shop managers, etc. My son never had a chance!
    Congratulations to your son KDC!

5. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

Thanks! It was definitley competitive.................no auto mechanics or the like here, but DH is fairly handy and did a lot of research to see what types of things you could do to increase the speeds legally. It was a lot of fun, he did way better than I thought he would, I thought we'd get spanked! :lol:

6. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

It's too pretty to be inside! I'll see ya'll later!

7. KDsGrandma

KDsGrandma Well-Known Member

'Grats to your DS, KDC. Way to go!

8. KDsGrandma

HG, is that a new picture of Shelby? She looks the same, but I don't remember that blue background. Or maybe I've just been spacing it!:rolleyes:

9. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

Thanks KDsgrnadma!

Changed my mind about going outside! It is windy and way colder than it looks! :shock:

10. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

As I have posted before, I LOVE La Cocina here in Clayton, especially the Shrimp ACC (the grilled shrimp w/cheese sauce on it)..........does anyone have any idea what type of cheese they use for the cheese sauce. I'd love to be able to make some at home. :-D

If you've never tried it, you are in for a treat! I wish I had a nickel for every person I've gotten hooked on it.

11. tassy

tassy Well-Known Member

I would guess... queso blanco....

If you go to Lowes Foods, in the aisle where they have all the mexican foods, in the small refrigerated case there were some mexican cheese sauces on the upper shelves, and one was a white sauce, might try that. I think it was about $4 for the container.

12. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

Thanks for the tip, will give it a try! Can't go wrong with shrimp! :-D

13. froggerplus

froggerplus Well-Known Member

Congrats, Kel!! Which school? My Little One goes to Polenta. The first day of school, the parents got to go to the Yahoo! BooHoo! Room. It was great ;)

Frogger

14. froggerplus

froggerplus Well-Known Member

Sleep?

What is that?

Someone said I need some.

Where do you get it from?

15. Hatteras6

Hatteras6 Well-Known Member

The Boohoo Room is a neat idea. Most of the separation anxiety I see, as marked by crying, is from the parents, mostly, but not limited to, Moms. The kids are too excited to be concerned.
    H6

16. harleygirl

harleygirl Well-Known Member

Are all Monday's just terrible? Or is it just me? :?

17. KDsGrandma

No, it's just you. Everybody else loves Mondays. :mrgreen:

18. harleygirl

Maybe only the retired people and the folks who have Monday's off? :lol: :lol:

19. harleygirl

We hit a NEW record and no one noticed? Ya'll are slippin!:p

20. nevilock

nevilock Well-Known Member

huh. i guess i was too busy being a really big jerk to notice =x