Potty Training...You guys are gonna kill me today...LOL

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by Rostrawberry, Dec 12, 2006.

1. Clif

Clif Guest

Ok, I guess I have to address the obvious...

What were you doing married to an 18 month old?

:p

2. ready2cmyKing

ready2cmyKing Well-Known Member

What can I say, I started early! :lol:

3. Rostrawberry

Rostrawberry Well-Known Member

the latest update on my toddler...still not having any luck but she did say something as I was trying to potty train her this morning. She asked me that she wanted to stand up like her daddy and go pee pee.....okaaayyyyy

I really didn't answer her...was trying not to laugh.

So that tells me that she is oberserving alot of things.

4. ready2cmyKing

:shock:

Were you two in Texas when you made him? ;)

Last edited: Mar 7, 2007
  5. Tit4Tat

Tit4Tat Well-Known Member

ugh, thank god my kids are 17 and 12. My youngest didnt get potty trained until 3 or so. The dr said to let him go when he was ready. He did.

My oldest we pushed to get trained by 2 and he was. At that time it was unacceptable to not be potty trained at 2. Just like Kaci said.

MY DAYS OF THAT ARE OVER......GOOD LUCK...

6. ready2cmyKing

Gracious!! My 5 and 1/2 year old daughter weighed in at 36.6 lbs earlier this week. She is tall and skin-neeeee! :lol:

7. Rostrawberry

Ken, how many lil ones do you have.

I have to get her trained before she starts pre-k in September and she will be 3 in July.

I know she is ready...all the signs are there and she is willing to sit in her potty chair and everything except for doing one important thing...going to the BATHROOM. LOL

Both of my girls wear a size 4 diper and they go thru them within a week 1/2.

8. Tit4Tat

With my boys we would put something flushable in the toilet and they would "aim" to hit it.

Ummm, dont know how this works with a girl........Let me think of something.:lol:

9. Rostrawberry

Sounds like we have irish twins...mine are one year and 2 days apart. Do you find that its alot of work?...LOL

10. ljk

ljk Well-Known Member

We got to the "doing great with nothing on below the waist" stage but as soon as I put pants or underpants on he forgets. He can't be naked forever. I bought him his favorite character undies and everything. Is he just not ready? He does so well when he is bare bottomed. Ideas?

11. Rostrawberry

Hey...if we wives can handle it...the husbands can to...lol

12. froggerplus

froggerplus Well-Known Member

lj & Ro, hang in there!

My Little One got the concept...and then quit doing it! It was so frustrating. The doc said she'd be potty trained by the time she was 18 so not to stress ;) .

What worked for us was getting VERY consistent. I was home with her and put her on the potty 1st thing in the morning, once an hour, and 20 minutes after every food or drink time. The first week it felt like we were always in the bathroom. After almost 3 weeks, she got herself into a kind of routine and the potty training took off. I also used to let the water trickle in the sink a few times a day while we were in the bathroom...it helped.

Good luck!!

13. rcmommy

rcmommy Well-Known Member

Ro,
    did you try ditching the diapers? My youngest was very hard to potty train and we found that the diapers and pullups really hindered the process. Get underware...and be prepared to wash clothes alot, but it if you stick to it you can really tell a difference.

Ken,
    for the boys and potty training...try letting them throw fruit loops or cherrios in the toilet and see if they can hit them. :mrgreen:

14. kaci

kaci Well-Known Member

LMAO - as the mother of 3 boys, i can relate:lol::lol::lol:

15. Tit4Tat

A thong.:lol:

16. Rostrawberry

Too funny..

I haven't tried ditching the dipers yet (My husband wants to do that)

I am thinking she is afriad to let herself go becuase she is used to going in her diper so I have been reasuring that its okay to go in the potty but she says "she is scared" but hasn't really told me as to why she is scared.

17. mommy3

mommy3 Well-Known Member

This is exactly what I did with my three boys. Absolutely, being consistent is the key. The water trickling trick has been used by many...my Granny told me about it.

18. mommy3

mommy3 Well-Known Member

One of my boys was also afraid to go. The doctor explained that sometimes they are afraid that they are "breaking". He suggested "proving" to the child that you go and you aren't broken (kind of a show and tell). Above all patience was always the key. My 11 year old didn't want to go because it "hurt". Then he would retain until he HAD to go and of course it hurt worse then. We eventually had to make him sit until he went (for his own good). There were many tears (on both sides LOL)

19. kookookacho

kookookacho Well-Known Member

I have tried the fruit loop aiming. Worked pretty good. Yes they will want to eat some BEFORE they go in the water.

And what worked for my little boy was peeing outside. THAT was a trip. Dunno how that would work for girls :lol:

20. kookookacho

kookookacho Well-Known Member

ROFLMAO... i'll have to let you know how my little girl does once she gets to that point.

Too funny! :lol: