A place for random thoughts....

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by JenniferK, Mar 15, 2006.

1. kaci

kaci Well-Known Member

LMAO, DH and DS were just discussing doing just that tomorrow:lol:

2. JenniferK

JenniferK Well-Known Member

I hate my job

3. mommy3

mommy3 Well-Known Member

75 to 80 degrees most of the week but back to being cold on the weekend....sure is March. Singing for an outdoor wedding on Saturday...teeth chattering... might not be pretty.

4. ready2cmyKing

ready2cmyKing Well-Known Member

Are you back to work now?

5. tassy

tassy Well-Known Member

my sentiments exactly :-(

6. PirateGirl

PirateGirl Well-Known Member

Why is it that a lot of women who have alittle bit of power in their job can't handle it?? Yes, I hate my job as well. I want to be a stay at home mom to my 4-legged babies!

7. JenniferK

JenniferK Well-Known Member

Yes, I am back at work. And I am miserable.

I guess my sob story is the same as everyone elses though.

I want to stay home, but we have to pay the mortgage. I've run the numbers a million times. It just won't work.

Someone at church (a woman whose husband makes twice as much as mine) said she quit her job because "sometimes you just have to take a leap of faith".

Yeah, well, you can leap all you want, but you better make sure you have somewhere to land. And if I quit my job, we don't pay the mortgage.

8. Clif

Clif Guest

My main problem is that it's going to be mid 70s today, low 80s tomorrow and mid 70s on Thursday, but Saturday is when I'm going to Busch Gardens! :(

9. mommy3

mommy3 Well-Known Member

OOOOOH...wish I could go. At least it probably won't rain.

10. Clif

Clif Guest

I'm sorry to say that this Saturday is only for those who have multi-year season passes. Unless you have one of these, you can't just go up to the gate, buy a ticket, and get it.

"Regular" people will have to wait until next Saturday (3/24) when Busch Gardens officially opens for 2007.

BTW, GF is betting that she can get me to ride the Griffon. If you want a piece of the action, I'd suggest you bet against her. ;)

(I like rollercoasters, but not if your feet dangle)

11. mommy3

mommy3 Well-Known Member

Anything that slings me around upside down, backwards and in the dark is my kind of ride. My husband would puke and then kill me for making him get on. We went to Disney on our honeymoon and he spent the week waiting for me to come off the rides. He still says he was fine to "just watch".

12. ready2cmyKing

ready2cmyKing Well-Known Member

I wasn't trying to make you feel bad for going back to work, just didn't know you were back already. I've been in your shoes.

I remember having to go back when my 2nd son was only 7 weeks old. It was terrible, I cried the whole night before and my eyes were nearly swollen shut the next day, my 1st day back to work. He adjusted just fine to daycare but I never did. I begged and begged my DH to let me stay home, promising I would do whatever it took to be able to afford it. He finally agreed to give it a try so we cut out things like cable and cell phones in preparation for life on one full time income.

I quit my job when my baby was 6 months old and did in-home child care until he was about 2-1/2. Being a full time mom is rewarding, BUT, it is a different world and after a while I actually missed interacting with adults (without children in tow, LOL) so I went back to work full time for about a year and a half. I left the working world again when we decided we wanted more children (before the last two came along.) I've been home for almost 10 years now.

Don't give up Jenn, if you want to be home bad enough you can find a way to do it! ;)

Last edited: Mar 13, 2007
  13. Clif

Clif Guest

Speaking from that side of the fence, he's probably very honest in his statement. I, too, am happy to just watch while my GF risks her neck on those death traps.

BTW, my favourite ride at Busch Gardens (so far) is the Big Bad Wolf. It's suspended, but your feet don't dangle in mid air. :)

14. kaci

kaci Well-Known Member

Have a great time Clif - i miss going to Busch Gardens - we usually went a few times a year when i lived in VA and our company actually rented the whole place out once a year for our company picnic. Loved all the rides, can never get enough of roller coasters:-D

15. mommy3

mommy3 Well-Known Member

Kaci,
    From numerous post, I think you and I have a lot in common.
    Have a great day.

16. kookookacho

kookookacho Well-Known Member

(((((((((((((hugs))))))))))))))):)

17. kaci

kaci Well-Known Member

Yeah seems so:lol: You will have to try to make our 4042 lunch this month to meet IRL:-D

18. Tangerine

Tangerine Well-Known Member

note to self..........always check the bottom of the bag before picking up 10 lbs of catfood. :?

19. mommy3

mommy3 Well-Known Member

Been there...done that...cried

20. Kelyel

Kelyel Well-Known Member

Been there too.

50 pounds of DOG food everywhere, Mr. Hounder 4 Leggs thought he had died & gone to heaven!

Woof Woof.