The Imus Incident

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by stonecold, Apr 12, 2007.

1. grysunshine

grysunshine Well-Known Member

Is someone filing a lawsuit?

All I have ever heard is the girls express their regret in his comment and how it hurt their feelings. I saw that they were to meet with Imus privately. I don't think it is the team that is drivin' it home but the activists.

2. Clif

Clif Guest

According to an interview with Snoop Dogg:
    Now, with that aside, in an interview with ABC News Wednesday afternoon, Mr. Obama said he would not appear on the Imus show again:
    Now, one wonders if he'll associate with the likes of Jesse JacksonorAl Sharpton.

"That's [the holocaust] all Hymie wants to talk about, is Israel; every time you go to Hymietown, that's all they want to talk about."
    Jesse Jackson - 1984

“If the Jews want to get it on, tell them to pin their yarmulkes back and come over to my house.”
    Al Sharpton - 1991

3. peppercorns

peppercorns Well-Known Member

why is it ok to have all black school and groups but unfair to have all white schools and groups?

4. Pirate96

Pirate96 Guest

It's not. We are all equal and everyone has the same opportunity.

5. Just One Guy

Just One Guy Well-Known Member

Because the only racists left are blacks, and the courts have made it legal.

6. Clif

Clif Guest

Oh no?

Try starting an all white magazine called "Ivory".

Try starting a WET cable network.

Try having congress declare the month of March (or any other month) "White History Month".

Try creating on organization called "NAAWP"

Try creating an all white college endownment, UCCF.

It ain't gonna happen. The ACLU will have so many law suits against you that you might as well pitch a tent in the court room.

7. Pirate96

Pirate96 Guest

Guessed you missed my part about Affirmative Action!

8. blusdrmr

blusdrmr Well-Known Member

Boy, do I agree with you, there!

All Imus had to do was rap what he said and it would be OK.

Yo, yo, yo. Them some nappy-headed hoes

9. Pirate96

Pirate96 Guest

Still would have been uncalled for.

10. grysunshine

grysunshine Well-Known Member

Oh gosh....I......a.....gree....with Pirate! :confused: :shock: ;)

11. blusdrmr

OH! I agree as well but welcome to the real world! The minority is now a married, white, Christian, Republican male. Very rare, indeed.

12. RealityCheck

RealityCheck Well-Known Member

More from Jason Whitlock:

"...I’m calling for Jesse Jackson and Al Sharpton, the president and vice president of Black America, to step down.

Their leadership is stale. Their ideas are outdated. And they don’t give a damn about us.

We need to take a cue from White America and re-elect our leadership every four years. White folks realize that power corrupts. That’s why they placed term limits on the presidency. They know if you leave a man in power too long he quits looking out for the interest of his constituency and starts looking out for his own best interest.

We’ve turned Jesse and Al into Supreme Court justices. They get to speak for us for a lifetime.

Why?

If judged by the results they’ve produced the last 20 years, you’d have to regard their administration as a total failure. Seriously, compared to Martin and Malcolm and the freedoms and progress their leadership produced, Jesse and Al are an embarrassment.

Their job the last two decades was to show black people how to take advantage of the opportunities Martin and Malcolm won.

Have we at the level we should have? No.

Rather than inspire us to seize hard-earned opportunities, Jesse and Al have specialized in blackmailing white folks for profit and attention. They were at it again last week, helping to turn radio shock jock Don Imus’ stupidity into a world-wide crisis that reached its crescendo Tuesday afternoon when Rutgers women’s basketball coach C. Vivian Stringer led a massive pity party/recruiting rally......"

http://sports.aol.com/whitlock/_a/time-for-jackson-sharpton-to-step-down/20070411111509990001

13. blusdrmr

So is 90% of the garbage that Jesse, Al and the ACLU crowd stirs up. Just because they are who they are makes it OK for them? HUH? When was the last time you listend to a rap song (and I use the word "song" very loosely)? I am sorry, but if it's acceptable for blacks to call each other the names that they do, then what makes this any different? Just because Imus is white?

Don't get me wrong, here, I don't even like the guy or his show. This just gives Sharpton and his bunch another soap box to stand on and I am getting tired of it. Perfect timing, though. I noticed the media turned it political as well. They mentioned that McCain and one other Republican candidate were still going to appear on his show. WHO CARES?!?!?!?!

14. blusdrmr

Can I get an AMEN?!

15. Pirate96

Pirate96 Guest

Who said it was right for anyone to use that term? That comment was uncalled for no matter what color your skin is.

16. blusdrmr

That's your opinion. Tell that to the next famous rapper you encounter or the next time you are down at the local Wal-Mart and you hear som hey-yo's talkng about their **tches and their Hoe's and how they are gonna slap them around the next time they see them. I guess that's OK because they are black and that's their "culture".

Give me a break.

You are correct, it's not right but let's face reality, here......neither you or I are going to change it.

17. Pirate96

Pirate96 Guest

Great let's try to use the protection of the First Amendment to flood the public's airwaves with morally objectionable material. Clif hit on it the other day with his comment about the use of profanity

What was Air America? How about http://bluenc.com? How about voters actually engage their brain and stop letting people fill their heads with nonsense.

Funny to you maybe, but not to me

18. Pirate96

Pirate96 Guest

I would never recognize a famous rapper any way. You are wrong that it is acceptable for anyone of any color or socioeconomic background to refer to another person that way. Until the majority understands that and holds people accountable the degradation will continue.

19. blusdrmr

My point, Grace, is that you are not going to change a race or a way of thinking. If the sky is blue, the sky is blue. I am not going to try to convince you that it is red. Ever hear of trying to teach a pig to sing? It wastes your time and annoys the pig.

20. Pirate96

Pirate96 Guest

Wrong answer. Just because you do not vote does not mean you can not complain. Perhaps dig a little deeper and discover why people are not voting.