The Imus Incident

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by stonecold, Apr 12, 2007.

1. Pirate96

Pirate96 Guest

How about if you are color blind and can not see blue? You rely on learned repetition to determine the sky is blue. If you do not learn from history you are doomed to repeat it.

2. Pirate96

Pirate96 Guest

Despite what many people believe the American public owns the air waves. It is not right that commercial interests are allowed to invade my home and spread what I deem morally objectionable material. If you truly support free speech than why do I need to apply for an FCC permit to broadcast anything over low power FM?

Last edited: Apr 12, 2007
  3. grysunshine

grysunshine Well-Known Member

Oh Dear Lord, I was just going to say the same thing...I need a drink.

BUT, as far as the vote goes.
    To not vote hinders the progression. So we may not have the "ideal" candidate to any one person but not voting only prolongs that issue. If more people voted and showed what their standard "potential" is, we would reach it faster.

4. blusdrmr

blusdrmr Well-Known Member

Yup, it will. It has gotten worse and more socialy acceptable to do just that and it will continue to do so until someone decides, not made to decide, to change the way they act. They are not going to be convinced, they are not going to be persuaded, they are not going to be forced. All they see is an example of what the action brings them. Money, fame, social acceptance, etc.

I will give an example - Boost Mobile. The type of customer that brings in is the black, rapper-style look and attitude. And, to give it more "glamour", they use these high profile rappers dressed like they just got out of prison and belong to the local gang to promote the service. I cannot tell you how many times I have gotten a display delivered to the store of a life size cardboard standup of one of these losers. Each time they go in the trash. Why? That is not the kind of customer I want hanging around the store. It drives people away. But...hey! It's cool and widely accepted for that type of lifestyle to exist. Why? Because when these idiots buy that garbage to listen to, it brings in more money for them pay taxes to the government.

It's a vicsous circle.

5. blusdrmr

blusdrmr Well-Known Member

Oh, give me a friggin' break, will ya?

Hello, brick wall........nice to meeat ya.

6. concernedperson

concernedperson Well-Known Member

Jessie Jackson & Al Sharpton. America's black leaders. Let's see, wasn't it last year Jackson, while married a few years ago, had a baby with another woman. And wasn't it Sharpton that defended this black girl a few years ago, claiming she was raped by these white guys and come to find out that she was lying the whole time, but he was still making excuses for her after the fact. If I'm not mistaken, he was backing this girl up with the Duke Lacross case as well. Wow, they almost sound like a, what's the word I'm looking for? Oh yeah, a POLITICIAN!

7. Clif

Clif Guest

Whoa! I had no idea that media censorship started with Mr. Bush! All these fifty years of watching TV, and now I know that all those bleeps were just bad reception. All the way up until Mr. Bush took office.

Of all the lame-brained, idiotic, ignorant statements. Is there nothing that you, and the other rabid liberals, will not blame Mr. Bush for?

8. Pirate96

Pirate96 Guest

Let me guess your music should not be called garbage, right?

9. peppercorns

peppercorns Well-Known Member

Unitl these people in that "culture" are willing to help themselves it will never change. THE "gang", "peep" and "hood" junk has got to stop. Adults don't speak this way in coorporate America and in regular society. The cycle never ends. If they do try to change they are labeled "sellouts". THis type of behavior and thought is degrading our people - black and white.

10. Just One Guy

Just One Guy Well-Known Member

My dryer ate my socks, can I blame Bush?

11. Curious

Curious Well-Known Member

:-D Why not seems to me that a vast majority think that he's the blame for everything that goes wrong in the world or in their own personal lives!

12. ServerSnapper

ServerSnapper Well-Known Member

Don't forget the levy's in NO.

13. Pirate96

Pirate96 Guest

That was damage suffered from the weather machine. Oh yeah I forgot Bush flipped the switch on that one too.

14. ServerSnapper

ServerSnapper Well-Known Member

I saw him do it!!! Citizens Arest!!

15. JenniferK

JenniferK Well-Known Member

A-Freaking-men

Let me get this straight, a white man makes some derogitory comments towards a team of girls, which include black girls, and he gets suspended for two weeks, and people call for him to be fired.

But a black girl accuses three white boys of gang rape, throws the whole country in turmoil for a year, and the AG decides it's in the "best interest" not to press charges against her for false accusations?

Yeah, that sounds about right. Mighty fine system we got working for us here.

16. Momof3boyz

Momof3boyz Guest

I agree that is was not nice to say BUT after hearing one of them say they were scared for their life at the press conference. Give me a break....I bet if they were offered 1 million bucks the scars would go away! Is it not racist to have a Miss Black pageant or a BET TV?If whites did that then we get called racists.What's good one race should be good for another.I think the man is getting slammed way too hard.JMO.

17. Just One Guy

Just One Guy Well-Known Member

We HAD a first amendment, until someone comes along and says they are "offended" or it's "racisit" when all it is is censorship..... offended my rear end...

18. Pirate96

Pirate96 Guest

Is this a preview of a column? If so how do we submit for the Pulitzer prize?

19. grysunshine

grysunshine Well-Known Member

Just saw the team on Oprah for a brief live interview. They handled themselves with dignity. They talked about how they have no say in the firing of Imus and to see that America still stands behind a moral fiber is encouraging. They talked about how they won't judge him since they don't know him and that is why they are to meet with him and the families involved. The coach talked about how these girls are future doctors, pharmacists and music protege's and how they have worked hard to get to where they have both educationally and as a team. It was very nice and civil.

The rest is media hype.

20. Clif

Clif Guest

Don't you remember, he blew it up. That's what Louis Farrakhan and Spike Lee said. He did it to get rid of all the blacks in New Orleans.