A place for random thoughts....

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by JenniferK, Mar 15, 2006.

1. Melynda

Melynda Well-Known Member

I still have a long way to go. I'm only just over 33 weeks. Baby girl is not actually due until the END of May. I think I'm all out of room :) I told myself going into this that I wasn't going to gain lots of weight - oops guess I was wrong. In any case, its been fun feeling her kick & wiggle. The other day she had the 1st case of hicups that I could actually feel & see. Seems like lately I've heard so many stories about folks who were told they were having a girl - only to make it to the delivery room and come home with a boy. I decided I wanted to go have one of those 3D/4D sonograms Monday. Hopefully she won't be too big for good pictures. The doctor said it was usually better to have those type of sonograms done a little earlier on because it may be that we are only able to see the baby's face all squished up. I think I'm providing baby girl with a luxury hotel - she should have lots & lots of room to move around in my big ole belly (unless she is huge).

I was looking online today and saw that Rex offered a Big Brother/Big Sister class. Have you talked to anyone who took their kids to one of these? If so, was it helpful for them. My son is pretty excited about the new baby coming -but I want to do what I can to keep him involved so we don't run into too many jealousy issues.

2. MissyPrissy

MissyPrissy Well-Known Member

Sinus headaches suck too!:? WHY do mine have to last 2-3 days?!

Hope your little one is feeling better soon Jen!

3. kookookacho

kookookacho Well-Known Member

Join the crowd honey! The little guy had the green bugger deal late last week then baby Kookoo puff got the kachoos and the cough. Doc said its this bad lil virus going around. Some kick it w/out antibiotics and just OTC meds, some get it all the way through w/ vomit & runs, and some have turned into sinus infections and worse.
    Luckly all 3 of my kids (big kid hubby included) have dealt with by only using OTC meds. But with a week of minimal sleep on my part is really catching up with me. :-:)-(
    Good Luck with the teeny tiny!!!:-(

4. MissyPrissy

Oh no! My son started getting a runny nose Wed., and last night was feeling sick to his stomach. I hope that's not what he is getting or has.
    Hope you get some sleep Koo!

5. kookookacho

We were going to do this but baby kookoo puff came too early :mrgreen: Kinda pointless to do it after the fact.

6. Melynda

Melynda Well-Known Member

I've painted the room pink & I have an entire closet full of pink clothes. I haven't removed the tags or washed them yet because I'm a little afraid to do that yet. I'd be just as happy with a boy as I would with a girl - but I'd like to know a little sooner that Delivery day if that was going to be the case so I can prepare better. We don't even have a boy name picked out. I don't know how some parents can wait until their little one is born to find out the sex of the child - I just have to know :)

7. JenniferK

JenniferK Well-Known Member

Melynda, I had the same fears. I wanted a 4D ultrasound, but DH didn't think we should do it.

8. kookookacho

We picked out a boys name early on and once we both settled on it hubby looked at me and said 'no we are defiantly having a girl' Sure'nuf! :lol:

OH yeah and for all of about 24 hrs... baby girl was nameless :mrgreen:

9. harleygirl

harleygirl Well-Known Member

It's Friday! :mrgreen:

10. Tangerine

Tangerine Well-Known Member

don't you just hate it when your kids become smarter than you. i just learned how to get DNA from a strawberry. well not really. i just listened and nodded.... :lol:

11. kaci

kaci Well-Known Member

Don't you just love it when your kids are grown:lol:

12. elims

elims Well-Known Member

*tiptoe*

13. harleygirl

harleygirl Well-Known Member

3:06 AM?? Good grief girl! :lol:

It's Saturday, where's the sunshine :x

14. elims

elims Well-Known Member

AAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Bedtime ..... *grmbl*

Gotta be up to do the 16-hr shift starting at 3pm. No more, please!!

15. Songbrd001

Songbrd001 Well-Known Member

Last edited: Apr 16, 2007
  16. Kelyel

Kelyel Well-Known Member

Burrr, The Wind is Chilly today!

Come on Summer! :lol:

17. Hught

Hught Well-Known Member

18. MissyPrissy

19. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

I can't believe I waited this long to do my taxes!:roll: At least I don't have to pay like I thought I was going to! :-D

20. below14thdesigns

below14thdesigns Well-Known Member

Here's something random:

10 years difference,not a big deal.

Thank you,rant over.