Westboro Baptist Church to picket VT funeral services

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by nsanemom22, Apr 18, 2007.

1. nsanemom22

nsanemom22 Well-Known Member

2. Pirate96

Pirate96 Guest

Guess Islamic fundamentalist are not alone after all. They must have bible study at the local Biscuitville under Ormly's tutelage. I vote that we suspend the writ of Habeas Corpus for these fine folks and let them out in a month.

3. Curious

Curious Well-Known Member

This is a group of truly sick and anything but Christian people!

4. ready2cmyKing

ready2cmyKing Well-Known Member

They may worship a god, but it sure isn't my God! :evil:

5. nevilock

nevilock Well-Known Member

i bet their tinfoil hats are held together with those little fish stickers. Thats probably their only connection to Christianity.

6. Clif

Clif Guest

Curious...

These people spew hatred and intollerance, yet they are labled a Christian group. The Branch Davidians did nothing but request to be left alone and they were labled as a cult.

7. frugalhsmom

frugalhsmom Member

LOL! I wonder if the little styrofoam balls on the top were banging too hard on their skulls and caused the malfunction.

8. Hatteras6

Hatteras6 Well-Known Member

Clif,

I completely understand your point.

And, Pirate, I interpret your "suspending the writ of habeas" to be a tongue in cheek. The writ and the Bill of Rights are sacrosanct and shouldn't be mullied.

If, as they have for funerals of soldiers killed in Iraq and Afghan, these loonies protest, they are usually met by, and their protest noises drowned out with the sound of many, many motorcycles from my brother and sister veterans and riders. Protesting the protest, so to speak.

9. Pirate96

Pirate96 Guest

It is tongue and cheek, but if ever a group would deserve it they take the cake. Protesting the VT thing is ludicrous. Protesting the funerals of patriots that gave all is something that I have a hard time tolerating. As you very well know they don't have a choice in where they go, but sacrifice all to ensure these very people can do this and they have the nerve to protest!! No excuse, no matter what the cause.

10. Hatteras6

Pirate, your're putting words in my mouth, adn they sure taste sweet. Yes, as a veteran I abhor the protest that they mount. I can see that it only causes pain to the grieving families. Yep, what they do really curdles me whizz.

Yet, we who have served did it to protects the rights of all, not just those with whose speech we agree. What I can't figure out is why some enterprising soul (exercising his right to protest) doesn't mount his own protest beside them (other than the cycler riders). I'm thinking a kazoo-banjo-harmonica-accordion band, playing any notes and sounds they wish, at full volume....Add in some bagpipes for a real cacaphony. It would be terrible to hear, but a site to behold. and feed the band players whatever foods that bring about a flatulent response. Have them stand upwind of the church folks...so they can play their music and toot the horns...

11. ready2cmyKing

ready2cmyKing Well-Known Member

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

12. Pirate96

Pirate96 Guest

The modern marvel of the United States Military. Never a force so powerful, but yet shows the greatest restraint.

13. JenniferK

JenniferK Well-Known Member

I tried to click on the first link twice, and each time it froze my computer and I had to reboot. Wonder what that's all about? (the freezing up I mean)

14. Hught

Hught Well-Known Member

Cannot say for sure, in your case, but a lot of filter systems will block their sites.

15. markfnc

markfnc Well-Known Member

I am not a protesting type, for or against. I believe in free speach, however if my son or daughter was being buried after this tragedy, and those people from Westboro Baptist Church were protesting, saying that killer had been sent from God to kill my son or daughter becasue they were immoral; my hand would be around Rev Phelps neck.

Those are some sick people who follow Rev Phelps.

16. Hught

Hught Well-Known Member

17. Hatteras6

So, if they haven't got the coin, how do they pay? here's an idea. Whenever they show up at a funeral to protest, have the local sheriff to seize any property they have to satisfy the judgment of the court. Figure that they all show up in a van, seize it, and sell it at auction to go towards the judgment.

Clearly, their actions violated the legal dictum of " your right to swing your fist ends at the point where my nose begins." They could protest all they want, and I support that. The proximity of the funeral though was the decider.