A place for random thoughts....

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by JenniferK, Mar 15, 2006.

1. Clif

Clif Guest

Feeling pressured? :lol:

2. elims

elims Well-Known Member

My head is ... *whimper* Every time a weather front comes thru (in this case - a cold front), the pressure builds up in my head and no drug short of several vicadin gives me any relief. When the barometric pressure changes, so does the pressure in my head. Ugh.

3. ServerSnapper

ServerSnapper Well-Known Member

Snails are slimey

4. ready2cmyKing

ready2cmyKing Well-Known Member

Elims, have you ever tried washing your sinus cavities? Dr. Oz was on Oprah the other day and showed how to use a "neti pot" to wash the sinuses out, which is suppose to help with allergies and sinus pressure. Here is a little snippet from the show. http://www2.oprah.com/health/oz/oz_20070426_350_106.jhtml

I'd never heard of a neti pot before but I'm going to get one and see if it helps with my spring/fall allergies. HTH! :)

More info on neti pots: http://www.healingdaily.com/exercise/neti-pot.htm

Last edited: May 2, 2007
  5. harleygirl

harleygirl Well-Known Member

Dern! I was looking for that but couldn't think of the name!!!

6. bandmom

bandmom Well-Known Member

I saw an interesting license plate this morning.....CMEB4UDI
    Wonder what she does for a living, LOL?

7. elims

elims Well-Known Member

Thnx for the suggestion!! Yeah, I have one ... they are great for allergies, I use it after I've cut the grass or done something under extreme allergy conditions. Got mine from ... www.nationalallergysupply.com
    All you need to do is mix up a saline solution and flush out your sinuses. They say it helps if you use it on a regular basis, also ... like two or three times a day, every day, but I havent gotten in to that routine. There's also medicated washes you can buy, but simple saline (salt and water) works just as well.
    I havent found that it works for the atmospheric pressure buildup, tho. But maybe I'm not using it often enough.

8. ServerSnapper

Another Anna Nichole Smith?

9. harleygirl

harleygirl Well-Known Member

Life Insurance

10. JenniferK

JenniferK Well-Known Member

Little Bit went from sleeping all night, to waking up for 4 am feedings! What's up with that???

I am sleepy and want to go home, turn on the A/C full blast, and take a long nap in a quiet house.

11. ready2cmyKing

Hmmm, well if simply pouring the water through your sinuses isn't enough, maybe you should try irrigating them. :-D http://www.natlallergy.com/product.asp_Q_pn_E_1502

12. ready2cmyKing

Growth spurt?

13. JenniferK

Possibly....

I think she's off schedule because she's eating dinner earlier in the evening. Gotta see if I can get the little piggy to wait a little longer tonight!

BTW-I don't think she likes green beans. We'll try again tonight to see.

14. kaci

kaci Well-Known Member

Maybe make her night time cereal a little thicker to satisfy her longer

15. JenniferK

Girl! That little piggy is eating a jar of baby food at dinner time, with a 5 ounce bottle, and then she takes another bottle before bedtime with a ton of cereal in it.

I think if I put anymore cereal in that bottle, I'd have to spoon feed it to her,lol...

Oh, DH wants to know if you still have that pool cover you were going to sell him.

16. ServerSnapper

NEW YORK (Reuters) - U.S. retail gasoline prices could hit an all-time high by the end of this month due to ongoing problems at the nation's oil refineries, automobile and travel group AAA said on Wednesday.

Gasoline prices have surged 30 cents since early April to $2.97 a gallon on average, bringing them within a dime of the record struck after Hurricane Katrina shut down refineries along the Gulf Coast in 2005.

"The nationwide average price of self-serve regular will probably hit $3 per gallon in the next few days, and could possibly set a new all-time record high price before the end of the month," AAA said.

Gasoline stockpiles in the United States have dropped by 15 percent since early February amid an unusually high number of refinery outages, alongside robust demand and low imports.

AAA said it was "alarming" that gasoline prices were rising so high without the backdrop of a major geopolitical or natural event to disrupt supply, like a hurricane or a new military flare-up in the Middle East.

"Because oil prices today are at least $10 less expensive per barrel than when gasoline prices previously exceeded $3 per gallon, almost all of the price pressure on gasoline can now be attributed to America's continuing -- and increasing -- inability to supply enough refined gasoline to the marketplace," AAA said.

The U.S. government said earlier this week that gasoline prices could hit a record this summer.

Last edited: May 2, 2007
  17. kaci

kaci Well-Known Member

Yeah, i think it is in the attic still in the box - i will get my DH up there this weekend and let ya know.

18. ServerSnapper

19. Curious

Curious Well-Known Member

No they leap...thus the game leap frog. Jump frog just don't sound right! :lol:

20. ServerSnapper