Embarq Help!!!

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by Kdog, May 3, 2007.

1. Rostrawberry

Rostrawberry Well-Known Member

So I can use TWC for highspeed and not have to worry about house line phone at all.

Ro

2. harleygirl

harleygirl Well-Known Member

Yes!

3. Rostrawberry

Rostrawberry Well-Known Member

AWESOME

I will def look into it this week.

Can you give me an idea how much for Highspeed with TWC. You can PM if you like.

Ro

4. harleygirl

harleygirl Well-Known Member

No idea, I have Sprint

5. Just One Guy

Just One Guy Well-Known Member

You can get RR Lite for 29, which is akin to DSL speed, and Vonage for 25. Full RR is 49, not really needed.

6. KDsGrandma

KDsGrandma Well-Known Member

Yeah, what he said^^^^^^^

I pay $29, and I don't notice the difference in speed. I think you only need the super high speed if you play online games a lot, or download a lot of really big files. I did not get Vonage, I just use my cell phone.

7. ServerSnapper

ServerSnapper Well-Known Member

Doesn't the name alone make you want to cringe??? Embarq. :roll:

8. Just One Guy

Embarq's quality phone network, and a dedicated tech hard at work!

[​IMG]

9. kaci

kaci Well-Known Member

Yeah, i would love to get the RR Lite, but have been forbidden by my computer student son:-D One more year, then i can save some bucks.

10. JenniferK

JenniferK Well-Known Member

Kaci, he'd never be able to tell the difference. I called and got it and NOTHING has changed.

11. CraigSPL

CraigSPL Well-Known Member

rr lite does not offer the bandwidth for VOIP supposing you could even get it with RR.

Craig

12. Just One Guy

Vonage requires 90kps upstream, RR Lite is 1.5Meg down/256k up, it should work fine.

13. CraigSPL

CraigSPL Well-Known Member

Assuming you're not doing anything else online, and assuming that you actually get the speeds listed as they are the max speeds available for RR Lite.

Craig

14. kaci

kaci Well-Known Member

Girl, you have no idea what he does on the computer, he has two systems running with 2 screens on each - his room looks like something you would see on TV and the things he can do with a computer totally amaze me so yeah, i will trust his opinion on this one until he graduates:-D One things he does is create video games and that is way above my head.