Marco's Italian Rest & Pizzeria

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by kaci, Apr 30, 2007.

1. kaci

kaci Well-Known Member

Was up on 42 at lunch and noticed the coming soon sign. This is the one that is in the building RibsRUs used to be. Anyone have any updates on when they will open, will they have a licquor license, smoking section, etc.?

2. tawiii

tawiii Guest

When they were beside Food Lion or has RibsRUs moved again?

3. harleygirl

harleygirl Well-Known Member

Ribs R Us was over by Food Lion and moved over in the Ashley Turner building beside Dr Riccobene and now they are out of business. Coming soon Marco's ....

4. tawiii

tawiii Guest

I didn't realize they had gone out of business. I always thought they were a front for some illegal going-ons :mrgreen:

5. 5-Star

5-Star Guest

They Should Open Tomorrow... 5/1

6. kaci

kaci Well-Known Member

For real:shock: Do you have an inside line and can give any details?

7. markfnc

markfnc Well-Known Member

I thought they would get open by the Strawberry Fest. We walked up there hoping for lunch on Sat.

8. kaci

kaci Well-Known Member

Bumping this to see if anyone has any new info.

9. buffett

buffett Guest

They had menus outside yesterday which have an opening date of May 10th.

10. Rostrawberry

Rostrawberry Well-Known Member

so far 2 Cousin is the best and won't eat anywhere else except for pizza hut time from time

:)

11. rntobe

rntobe Well-Known Member

Venero's pizza on hwy 70 is hands down the best...!

12. tawiii

tawiii Guest

Pizza hut is an acceptable substitute for 2 cousins? Why bother limiting yourself?

I prefer Franks Pizza on New Bern in Raleigh.

13. CraigSPL

CraigSPL Well-Known Member

Frank's has been the bomb for years and years.

Craig

14. CraigSPL

CraigSPL Well-Known Member

You gotta be kidding me right?

Craig

15. tassy

tassy Well-Known Member

why even waste the money on Pizza Slut... thats horrible and even wrong to call itself pizza.. forget any other crap on their menu. I've only had 2 Cousins one time, and it was just 2 slices to go (and they were really good).. but I wouldn't even mention them in the same breath with Pizza Hut, thats just wrong!

Give me Franks in Raleigh, Broadway (or is it Boardwalk) in Knightdale, Primavera @ White Oak, or Veneros... I like "real" pizza, thanks.

I will give the new place up at 4042 a shot though... everyone gets atleast one try.

16. Rostrawberry

What I meant was that I love 2 Cousins pizza (cause its down the road from me) and will eat pizza from Pizza Hut occassionally.

The next closest place is Assaggios in FQ. I haven't tried any other Italian places. Let me know which other places I should try out. I do go into Raleigh alot.

:)

17. kaci

kaci Well-Known Member

i cannot believe you people are making judgments on a place that has not even opened yet:roll::roll::roll: From what i understand this is not just a pizza place but an authentic Italian restaurant which is something this area really needs. If you have not been there yet and tried it, why even post an opinion:roll:

Last edited: May 7, 2007
  18. Rostrawberry

I do agree with you, we do need more "authentic italian" around here. As of now, there aren't many to choose from so I am excited about Marco and will try it out. 2 cousins may have a lil competion :)

Last edited: May 7, 2007
  19. markfnc

markfnc Well-Known Member

real pizza? Head to chicago for deep dish at the original Uno's or something similar downtown.