Marco's Italian Rest & Pizzeria

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by kaci, Apr 30, 2007.

1. froggerplus

froggerplus Well-Known Member

Ro, do you like Greek food?

2. ShrtnSwt

ShrtnSwt Well-Known Member

We ate there today!!
    DH and DS are there now getting pizza for supper. And the biggest complaint I have always had is everyone skimps on the mushrooms! Well Marcos piled them on!

Sorry but 2 Cousins has lost our business.

3. Rostrawberry

Rostrawberry Well-Known Member

I like some but husband doesn't.

:)

4. gcoats3

gcoats3 Well-Known Member

Mama Dips in Chapel Hill

If you are in Chapel Hill for lunch go to Mama Dips. Fried Chicken, home cooked vegetables and pecan pie. It does not get any better. The owner has won many awards and been on several TV shows. web site is : www.mamadips.com

5. froggerplus

Ah. There's a good Greek restaurant but if he doesn't like it...

Frogger

6. froggerplus

Mama Dips is good!

Frogger

7. Curious

Curious Well-Known Member

My vote is for Mama Dips also. Have eaten there and the food was delicious. Just like home cooking!

8. smallone

smallone Well-Known Member

I decided to try this new Italian place last Friday night. I was not impressed. We decided to have meals instead of pizza.. which might have been our first mistake. We were there over an hour.. and we ended up asking for our main meal to be put into "to go" boxes because it took so long! The service was way too slow and the garlic knots were burnt. I ended up eating my meal for lunch Saturday and it was not at all what I was hoping for. I grew up in NY ( I've been here about 12 years) and I know and enjoy real Italian food. I'm going to give the pizza a try-- but if that isn't any good- I'm done with the place.

9. kaci

kaci Well-Known Member

Personally i would definitely give the place a second chance - i don't know of any restaurants that during their first weeks of business are at their best, even the large chains.

10. openminded

openminded Well-Known Member

I'm not from NY, but we had a very authentic (straight off the boat if you please) family owned pizzaria in Southern Pines, owned by a gentleman named Vito, not from NY but straight from Italy, he didn't appreciate being compared to anything from NY, called it americanized italian food. I'd say the meal we ordered out on Saturday night from Marco's was good and right up there with other Italian places I've been to with the exception of Vito's. I have to agree it was extremely busy on Saturday night and there are some kinks that need to be worked out. Give them time and I'm sure they will do a good business. Like with any eating establishment, they all have their good times and bad. My husband and I had heard so much about Cooper's BBQ downtown Raleigh that we made a special trip one day just to see what all of the fuss was about, horrible experience. We waited to get a seat, very cramped place, waited 20 minutes for tea and when the waitress brought the tea she had her thumbs on the inside of the styro cup holding to it. I also noticed that she used the same method when serving the food trays, thumbs in the plate, on the food, with no gloves. This waitress looked as if she had just come in off the street, if ya know what I mean. I looked at the hubby and said I can't eat here, he agreed. As we started to leave our seats the waitress yelled "where you going", we replied "the front door" she replied "Oh, no you don't", my hubby said "just watch me". That was that, and we never looked back. No type of food is worth that kinda experience.

11. kaci

kaci Well-Known Member

Can someone fill the rest of us in on what type of menu they have? Like, do they have calamari, is it a nice sit down atmosphere or more of a pizzeria atmosphere, do they ABC licenses?

12. Cakedec

Cakedec Guest

Stopped in on Saturday night had pizza, garlic knots and an appetizer had not one but three people waiting on us! Knots were very good, appetizer also very good, and the pizza was good and even better cold(the true pizza test)the next day! The atmosphere was warm and casual no ABC.
    I will try a calzone next visit and pass on the results.

Stop in give them a try we did and were very satisfied especially with the service!

13. harleygirl

harleygirl Well-Known Member

I'm out! :mrgreen:

14. Kelyel

Kelyel Well-Known Member

I hope 2 Cousins new place will have the BOOZE!

15. frugalmomoftwo

frugalmomoftwo Well-Known Member

HG,

They deliver. :)

Supply your own adult beverage in the comfort of your own home.

Are there any coupons out yet?? (for the pizza, not HG's ML)

16. tassy

tassy Well-Known Member

Funny.. I was thinking the same thing. I called in a pizza and picked it up on my way home Friday night. It was really good.. I had pepperoni, meatball & mushrooms on it. But truth be told, it was just as good cold for breakfast the next morning!! I love good cold pizza.. and this was all that and then some!

17. twowaz2fal

twowaz2fal Well-Known Member

Marco's

I was going to try Marco's last night and guess what, they are closed on Mondays. So don't make that mistake!

18. tame44444

tame44444 Well-Known Member

Give it a try

We have called in delivery pizza from Marco's on two separate occassions, and have enjoyed it both times. Did you know they deliver for orders over $15. The delivery was prompt within 30 minutes each time and the pizza was delicious. Their toppings are big chunky toppings, we had the Marco's Special, which is like a supreme pizza. Very pleased and will eat there again!

19. JenniferK

JenniferK Well-Known Member

Is there a menu online?

20. 26.2

26.2 Well-Known Member

I gave it three chances and I'm done. Food was OK but not great. We'll stick with the pizza at Two Cousins, Primaverra, and Franks(New Bern Ave).