Marco's Italian Rest & Pizzeria

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by kaci, Apr 30, 2007.

1. bandmom

bandmom Well-Known Member

There are some coupons in this week's clipper magazine.

2. twisty

twisty Well-Known Member

Is 2 Cousins opening a second location? Anybody know where and when? It's not on their website.

3. PirateGirl

PirateGirl Well-Known Member

I think my hubby and I are in the minority in that we really weren't impressed with 2 Cousins. I can't wait to try the new place.

4. MissyPrissy

MissyPrissy Well-Known Member

They already have two. :) One is on 210, and one is in Angier. I love them not only because I love their pizza, but the service is always great, the people that work at the one on 210 are always nice.

5. twisty

twisty Well-Known Member

Sometimes we go to the 2 Cousins on 210 and other times we go to Venero's or Primavera. We like all three, and will definitely try Marco's too. I don't know why I didn't know that 2 Cousins had a second location. Not very observant, I guess! Thanks for the info!

6. Melynda

Melynda Well-Known Member

My family went to Marco's this evening for dinner. Our pizza, garlic knots & service were all great. We will definately be going back again.

7. tawiii

tawiii Guest

I'm with HG on this one. No Beer, no Pizza! Maybe take-out.

8. m2475

m2475 Well-Known Member

We did take out and it was great!

9. Melynda

Melynda Well-Known Member

Our waiter said he expected to be serving beer within a month.

10. jdk

jdk Well-Known Member

2 cousins' 3rd place will be in the lowe's shopping center on highway 50 and 42. when i went there the other day they said the shopping center will be done sometime late august and they hope to open by november.
    AND they are looking into a full bar too!!!

if anyone needs the website it's 2cpizza.com and they have coupons on it

11. jdk

jdk Well-Known Member

ps if anyone needs any work they also said they are looking for a contractor

12. Sydney

Sydney Well-Known Member

I expected more

I know I have not been up here in a while, but I just had to reply....

I will never, ever go back to Marco's ever again. The food is bland. I ordered a calzone for around 5-6 $ and it was so small. I would have gotten a much bigger one at Two Cousins for that price, and a tastier one too. The bread was soggy and the cheese on the inside (ricotta?) made me feel sick. Also, I ordered a pizza for my younger cousins to eat. When I order pizza from anywhere else, they will eat the entire box in a hearbeat. With Marco's, they only ate one slice eat and complained on the taste. I guess it was bland too? Maybe they were bad because they just opened, but I expected more out of them.

On the plus side, I finally ate at Two Cousins after four years of living here and hearing people talk about it! It was the best I have ever tasted! Lol

13. scbuff

scbuff Well-Known Member

i was going to order a pizza from marcos tonight, but they wanted 14 bucks for a two toping large pizza.. for 21 bucks, i could get two large cheese pizzas and dozen wings at two cousins.. needless to say, i ate at two cousins

14. kaci

kaci Well-Known Member

Well we tried Marco's tonite for the first time and were very impressed. We got the family size calzone (it was humongous), the eggplant parmesana (sp?) and a couple of appetizers to go and were very pleased. We have so much food left over and everything was really great. Will definitely go back again.

15. Winger

Winger Guest

My family of four tried Marco's. Food was good. Very hot inside. They were having trouble with their A/C.

16. Rostrawberry

Rostrawberry Well-Known Member

Has anyone tried their cheese steak yet and if so, how was it.

Ro

17. gooberama

gooberama Guest

Went there Sunday afternoon, my observations - food was very good, pizza had a thin, crispy crust which I really enjoyed. Garlic knots were also pretty good, not the best I've had but good. Meatball Parm hero was also pretty good although I like a "meatier" meatball with less breadcrumbs -but this is a personal preference since when I cook for the family they prefer I make a version with more breadcrumbs. Service needs help, they need a busboy or someone to assist with refilling drinks, not exactly a waiter but some type of assistance. And a big thing the wait staff should do is ask if you have any questions about the menu. Not everyone was brought up in an Italian household on Long Island and actually knows how to create some of these dishes. Especially for our southern friends who seem to have a blank stare on their face when looking at the menu.

Alot of people seem to have blind loyalty to 2 Cousins, I like their stuff and there Pizza and wings (can't believe they are so good for a pizza joint) special - but lately they seem to be rushed and the pizza quality varies depending on the who and when it is made.

While we are on the subject, Primavera is very good also, however they are a little pricey.

Venero's to me does not have the best pizza these days and again there food varies and Jimmy doesn't seem to part of the cooking as much.

18. Winger

Winger Guest

Venero's? I wouldn't eat there if everything else was closed! Service is terrible. Food is like Pizza Hut (yuck!).

More than once did I give them a try, no more.

19. jello212

jello212 Active Member

If it's the water from the East River that gives it its flavor, it's not authentic Italian.

20. gooberama

gooberama Guest

east river water !!! I don't think so. NYC hasn't drawn drinking water from the east or hudson rivers in over 100 years.