dog groomers

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by ws, May 28, 2007.

1. ws

ws Well-Known Member

anyplace thats reasonable open on saturdays? we normally use pet perfection on hwy 42, but with our schedules i cant get there mon-fri. any other suggestions? they normally charged 35 for a cut.

2. Curious

Curious Well-Known Member

I take my baby, Coco, to Judy Adams at Dirty Dog Gone Salon. She is wonderful!!! She gives Coco a bath, trims her nails, and grooms her (cut) for $35. I have tried her at Doggie Do'z in Clayton, but perfer the personal touch Judy gives her. She is an awesome groomer! She is located at 7104 Kasey Dee Circle (Her shop is at her home). Phone is 550-2039. I've never taken Coco on a Saturday, so I'm not sure she does Saturday appointments, but give her a call. I know you won't be disappointed if she does!

3. reeteach2

reeteach2 Well-Known Member

right now it wouldn't matter if you could Mon-Fri. She's moving on June 11th and is full till then. I'm guessing the move is due to Wally World.

Curious, where is Dirty Dog Gone? My dog need clipping badly!

4. Curious

Coming from Cleveland Middle School on Cornwallis, go through the light at Cleveland School Rd. Go to 2nd entrance into Subdivision on the left--I think it's South Hills or South something. Kasey Dee Circle is down about 1/2 mile or less on your right. Judy's house is near the end on the right. She has a steep driveway. Pull up the driveway and her shop has a sign on the door. Give her a call and she can probably give you better directions from where you're coming from and set you up with an appointment to get your dog in quickly. You won't regret it, I promise. She is awesome with animals! Tell her Coco's mom sent you!

5. kw

kw Member

Does anyone know where Pet Perfection is moving to?

6. GarnerGirl2000

GarnerGirl2000 Well-Known Member

oh no they are moving?!?!?!?!??!

7. reeteach2

My husband talked to her. i can't remember exactly but into a kennel on Old Drug Store Rd. This is to the best of my rememberance.

8. Curious

The only kennel on Old Drug Store Rd. that I know of is Bone Voyage. Is that it?

9. kaci

kaci Well-Known Member

i love Rachel at Critter Country on 42 but it is so hard to get an appointment for both my dogs and my birds. Does Judy do birds too? Even though Rachel does all that for $20 for Gracie, i am willing to try somewhere else if they are available on Fridays after 3pm (need DH to help with the big bird:-D)

10. Curious

I really don't know. I don't have birds so I've never asked. Give her a call, if she doesn't she may know someone who does. If she does birds then you're in luck, because as I said before she is awesome!

11. reeteach2

My husband couldn't remember the name of the kennel. She'll be moving next week. You could call then and ask.

12. kaci

kaci Well-Known Member

i will try to call her tomorrow, i have a friend that lives on the same street and it is really close to my house, thanks Curious for the referral:-D

13. Curious

You are so welcome. :-D

14. magnolia

magnolia Well-Known Member

Don't they have any "Aussie Mobile Pet Grooming" folks around here? They'll come to your house and usually have great hours.

15. reeteach2

Curious,
    Thanks again for the recommendation. He had his appointment yesterday. he looks great. She's very nice and definitely aims to please. i second your recommendation. I told her that she should give Coco a freebie because of your referrals :)

16. ncmom

ncmom Well-Known Member

The info. shares that Judy lives in a subdivision. Has she obtained a permit or zoning to operate a business of this nature in her home? A business that brings additional traffic typically does not fall within the residentail zoning. Her customers may not mind but what about her neighbors? Would you want such a business next door to you?

17. jessiejames2

jessiejames2 Member

Dog Groomer

As a neighbor of Judy's. I live right across from her. I don't mind the little bit of extra cars on our street. We have several other business owners on our street as well. As far as i know she has all the right premits. There are several neighbors, as well as myself use her as our dog groomer. She is nice and caring dog groomer.

18. Curious

You are so welcome! I could go for a "freebie" for Coco ;) but even if I don't get one, Judy will be the groomer for Coco and Mandy for as long as she's open and they have need of her services!

As far as the traffic concern goes, I can honestly say that I was the only car on that street every time I have taken Coco to be groomed. And no, I wouldn't mind this type of business being next door to me. As I said before, her house sits way up on a hill and you would never know it was there unless someone told you it was there, or if you drove up her steep driveway to visit her. She doesn't have tacky road signs at the entrance to her subdivision, in front of her house, or anywhere else I have seen that might "draw" unwanted traffic into her neighborhood. Wish I could say the same about the street I live on!