A place for random thoughts....

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by JenniferK, Mar 15, 2006.

1. harleygirl

harleygirl Well-Known Member

2. Southernborn

Southernborn Well-Known Member

That was too funny!

3. PirateGirl

PirateGirl Well-Known Member

A co-worker gave me a YUMMY recipe yesterday for a banana pudding-type dessert that won't make you gain 10 lbs. YUM! Thank you!

4. ServerSnapper

ServerSnapper Well-Known Member

Yes you will cutie pie!!! wink wink!! hoot hoot!! whistle whistle!!:mrgreen:

5. Hught

Hught Well-Known Member

6. Curious

Curious Well-Known Member

Sounds yummy! Now please share the recipe! Lord knows I love me some good banana pudding but I sure don't need to gain 10 lbs! LOL! :lol:

7. harleygirl

harleygirl Well-Known Member

Could I do MORE work today? DERN! :eek:

Is it 5 yet? :?

8. le

le Well-Known Member

Close enough!

9. mommy3

mommy3 Well-Known Member

Tell me it's Friday...tell me it's Friday....

10. PirateGirl

PirateGirl Well-Known Member

Its SO easy, yet so good!!! Ingredients: 2 Large boxes sugar free, fat free instant vanilla pudding 4 cups Milk (Soy is best because its thicker than regular) 8 oz. fat free Sour Cream 8 oz. Cool Whip Free Reduced Fat Nilla Wafers Bananas (approx. 6)

Here's how I put it together:
    Combine Milk and pudding mixes in large bowl. add sour cream and cool whip, mix. Now, Put a layer of cookies on the bottom of a large rectangular dish. Place pudding mixture on top. Stick cookies down into sides and place a few on top. About the bananas: I HATE brown bananas and this recipe makes a big container of pudding So...I slice up bananas on each portion as we eat it. That way, no brown bananas! This is not your sicky sweet pudding...thats why I love it. It is so CREAMY!

11. Curious

Thanks so much for the recipe Pirate Girl! Can't wait to try this. And, I fully agree, can't stand brown bananas! YUCK!!!! So that's a great idea about slicing them up when serving. My DH thinks the only way to make banana pudding is to use the "RIPE" and I mean ripe bananas and cook the pudding from scratch...so you can already guess how many times I make that! This one sounds so easy and delicious! Thanks again!

12. JenniferK

JenniferK Well-Known Member

When people place classified ads to get rid of their adult animals, why won't they just be honest?

Instead of....We just don't have the time to give Fluffy the attention and love he deserves.....or.....we're expecting a baby and don't think we'll be able to continue his standard of care....blah blah

Why don't they just come right out and say....the dog chews everything.....the cat pees everywhere.....or simply....I don't want this no mo.....

13. ready2cmyKing

ready2cmyKing Well-Known Member

Whenever I see the words "he needs a home where he will get the attention he deserves" I read it as "this dog is hyper-crazy and is driving us nuts!" :lol:

14. Southernborn

I just don't know how you could raise an animal to adult hood, like have it for a number or years and then part with them. I don't get it at all.

15. ready2cmyKing

I don't either. Especially when I look into the loving eyes of the sweet little 11 year old Pom I recently adopted from the pound. :neutral:

16. Cleopatra

Cleopatra Well-Known Member

It was that, or have the dog chew my daughter's face off. But, that was different situation entirely.

17. ready2cmyKing

Yep Cleo, that is a totally different situation, kids should ALWAYS be put before pets (IMO) but some people just get tired of having their adult pets and simply get rid of them. That is what I don't understand. That and - "we're moving and can't take the cat/dog with us." I read that as "we're moving into a new house with new carpet and we don't want any indoor animals messing things up." :rolleyes:

18. Cleopatra

Cleopatra Well-Known Member

Yes, that is sad. They should probably leave the kids behind, too. I know my kids have done more damage to my home than my dog has.

19. Southernborn

Yep that was different Cleo. A lot of folks animals get elderly and need special care and they don't want to spend the time or money on them. I hope their children feel the same away about them when they get elderly!

20. Curious

Wow, you read my mind! I was gonna' post the same thing!