A place for random thoughts....

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by JenniferK, Mar 15, 2006.

1. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

I hate people who misrepresent an item on ebay! I'm well aware of buyer beware, but I just bought a time clock for the boss off of there. The one in the picture was newer and in much better condition than the one I got, complete with a bent second hand that was not mentioned, nor did he say representative photo or anything of the sort. I emailed the seller and he says Fedex must have done it. :roll: How does that happen when it's behind glass?!! Then he tells me he put the right model # in the description, how the $%^* am I supposed to know one model from another, not like I buy a time clock every day! GRRRRR!!!! Here is a thought, take a picture of what your actually selling, moron! I've never had such a problem before and I've bought many things off of ebay. :evil:

OK, rant over...........................

2. Cleopatra

Cleopatra Well-Known Member

I got burned buying some clothes off of Ebay for DD last summer. Gee, thanks for the stained clothing. And NO, throwing in some old stained socks and bathing suits didn't make up for it. Blech!!

3. JenniferK

JenniferK Well-Known Member

I have been very lucky thus far with Ebay, but I think if you get something like y'all have described, you surely need to take the time to report it to Ebay. I know it's time consuming and a pain in the butt, but you really should or these folks will just continue to be buttheads!

4. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

Ewww!!

I go you one weirder than that from a brick and mortar store! DS is very into Legos, we happened to be in Greensboro w/my sis and she bought him some for his B-Day from ToysRUs(one of those mega expensive ones of course). Got those suckers home, opened the box, which looked sealed, and it was full of trash! Someone had taken the Legos out and returned the box! So I had to drive all the way back to Greensboro (no ToysRUs here had the same thing) to exchange the box, after I called the store manager to tell her what happened and I had one disappointed little boy! I hope they learned to open and check returned items from then on, I was P.O'd!

5. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

I was trying to give him the benefit of the doubt, I even asked if he'd accidentally sent me the wrong one, trying to be polite! But I will be reporting him, he offered to take it back less the shipping which was $20, :roll: those things are heavy! Yeah, right!

6. froggerplus

froggerplus Well-Known Member

It's FRIDAY!!!

Oh wait....dern. I really wish Friday would hurry up and get here!!!

Frogger

7. mommy3

mommy3 Well-Known Member

Same thing happened to us. Child # 2 crossed over into Boy Scouts and we went all out buying him new (his very own)camping stuff. He went to open the box for his new sleeping bag and someone had stuffed an old nasty pillow inside. Dick's sporting goods was very good about it and replace it with no problems. But they did act like this happens alot. We check boxes now too.

8. PirateGirl

PirateGirl Well-Known Member

With over 1000 transactions on my primary Ebay name, I have only been burned once...that was for $35.

9. Southernborn

Southernborn Well-Known Member

Yep, I've purchased tons of items off of Ebay, and for the most part people are honest. If it seems to good to be true, it is like everything else. I used to be a powerseller on Ebay and you wouldn't believe the customers who wanted to say they never received an item. I always paid for delivery confirmation to prove they did.

10. lindenul

lindenul Well-Known Member

Never had a problem with Ebay buying or selling. What i have a problem with, on Ebay these days, is the amount of shipping costs they are now charging. Instead of "selling" the item for a good price, they drop that to sell it, but make it up in shipping. No way on this green earth does it cost $35 to ship a drum cymbal.

I paid it though.

grumble

11. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

I've bought and sold a ton too, got burned once on a sale, the lady swore up and down she never got the item so I refunded her money ( she DID get it!) :evil: This is the first thing I've gotten burned on buying. The good far out way the bad, but I was getting this for the office and it really ticked me off!

12. ready2cmyKing

ready2cmyKing Well-Known Member

Think about it, people lower the selling cost and up the shipping cost because ebay doesn't charge a final value fee on the shipping. Seller gets to keep more money. I saw someone doing that one time. Can't remember what the items were but the "buy-it-now" price was .$99 and the shipping charges were astronomical. I wonder if ebay ever caught that person doing that? :?

13. nevilock

nevilock Well-Known Member

i cant believe Marilyn Manson sold out so hard. his new album (availible on his myspace) blows more *** than tornado hitting a donkey pasture. http://myspace.com/marilynmanson

If you catch your kids listening to manson now, don't panic... they're just listening to pop/emo =P

14. kaci

kaci Well-Known Member

i am not a country music fan but i was just sitting outside checking out the blue moon and with the outdoor speakers on and i heard a country song, don't know who it is, but it sounded like it might have been titled "My Little Girl". It brought tears to my eyes and reminded me so much of my Dad who i will never stop missing until i join him in Heaven. Being that we never had a little girl and i only have one granddaughter, i just hope and pray that she will feel the same way hearing a song like that when she reaches my age.

15. Pirate96

Pirate96 Guest

Betcha it was Tim McGraw from Flicka
    My little girl loves dancing with her Daddy to this song

16. kaci

kaci Well-Known Member

That is it, thanks Pirate - i definitely need to get a cd for my son so he and his little girl can listen to it too.

17. Pirate96

Pirate96 Guest

18. kaci

kaci Well-Known Member

19. Pirate96

Pirate96 Guest

Kaci,

Since you are looking. "I Loved Her First" by heartland is almost a companion. Guessing this is the dance for a lot of father/ daughter dances

http://youtube.com/watch?v=0atu-itr-aw

20. kaci

kaci Well-Known Member

Yeah thanks, i always get this way about this time of year - my daddy's 1st birthday is June 5th. What i consider his second birthday (when he was born again into heaven) was Jan. 20th.