So, who are you

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by kaci, Jun 1, 2007.

1. ForeverFaithful

ForeverFaithful Well-Known Member

Not here as much as I use to be, but...

I am 44, female, married for 8 years to my second husband (been together 10 tomorrow), have 2 kids from first marriage...a son that turns 18 on Thurs and graduates from Clayton High School on Friday (plans on going into the Air Force) and a daughter that is 14 and will graduate from Clayton Middle school on Friday also. I have 3 dogs, a 10 year old lab/setter mix, an 8 year old chow/shephard mix, and a 6 year old poodle. Think 2 of them are on my avatar. Moved here from KS about 6 years ago, work as an office manager with an Electrical in Raleigh, (but we are builing an office off of Raynor Road, can't wait) and my nickname, well I chose it because that is how I feel I am.

Miss being on here, but seems I am so busy and don't find too much time any more

2. Bren

Bren Well-Known Member

Ok I'm 45, female, married to my hubby for 24 years next month. Have a 21 yr old DS and a 19 yr old DD who is a rising sophmore at NCSU. Also have 13 yr old lab/collie mix and a 10 yr old chihuahua (looks just like my avatar)...Bren is my husband's nickname for me when he's being really sweet...or maybe it's just when he wants something.

Brenda

3. sarahmama

sarahmama Well-Known Member

35 yr female. married for 7 yrs this October to a wonderful man. 2 great children, my baby will be starting kindergarten this year. I am a sahm, as of right now, but will probably have to work in the fall. I also work at our church as a Youth Pastor, so I really have 18 more kids there, and I love them all. My screenname is my daughters name + I'm her mama. Don't have any clue how to do an avatar, and hence, there isn't one. Born in SD, but lived her since 3rd grade. Grew up in Apex, and now McGees is what Apex used to be. Just like home.

4. grysunshine

grysunshine Well-Known Member

Hello, my name is grysunshine and I am an addict....oh wait, wrong thread...

I am a 31 yo female, with 2 kids, married my HS sweetheart (10 years this year and 16 total). I run a small business in my home (I have a banner that runs through the ads) and take care of my littlest darling.

My avatar is just funny to me and my name is from my oldest child's name. Oh pets, I have a cat and a dog. We call them the origin-al's since we had them first.

5. Twitch

Twitch Well-Known Member

My nick is twitch given to me by my ex husband that use to call me the witch. One beautiful daughter wiser than her years of 17 that attends West Johnston, and loves marching band.

Dating a wonderful man from Cary name Kevin that has two kids 12 and 15.

My icon is Johnny Cash I am a huge fan of his music.

twitch

6. mshirlmac

mshirlmac Guest

mshirlmac

Thanks KD, I'm sure that I will make a few comments here and there.My daughter told me about the discussion groups,so here I am. No I don't mind if you call me Shirl.

Again thanks for the welcome,
    Shirley

7. Wiemboyz

Wiemboyz Member

I am a 40 yrs. old female. Married for 12 years and have 2 handsome 4-legged boys: Weimeraner dogs, who are like my kids. Originally from California moved to NC after marrying my husband (1995) who is from Wilmington, NC.
    I really like living here and don't think will move back to California any time soon; although I do miss family and dear friends.

It has been very interesting reading about everyone.. great idea!!!

8. Aglassnut

Aglassnut Well-Known Member

Well, I'm 44 yo with one step son that going to be a senior at UNC Chapel Hill. I'm married to a wonderful lady and we have our 9 yr annivers. coming up at the end of the month. My screen name came from my job as an autoglass tech. After 10 yrs of that, I've just started on a new career path were I'm working on carwash systems, although I'm still maintaining a very small parttime autoglass shop at my home. I don't have any pets anymore, we had to put our little dog to sleep last yr and never got another one. As for my avitar, it's a picture of me taken at a friends house. It was taken about the same time that I discovered I enjoy singing (not well, but I like it).

Mike

Last edited: Jun 3, 2007
  9. Rostrawberry

Rostrawberry Well-Known Member

Ro is my nickname ,Strawberries are my fav fruit.

My avatar is a picture of Disney castle (we were there back in Nov 06)

I am originally from the Brotherly Love (Philly). Been Living in Clayton/Smithfield/Benson for almost 4 years.

I have been married to my DH for almost 6 years (known him for 9 yrs).

We have 2 beautiful daughters who will be 3 and 2 in July.

Oh and I just turned 34 a few weeks ago :)

Although I have not met any of you but I feel like I have known some of you for a long time and you all helped me when I felt like I was stuck in a situation and you guys were there to help me or give me some insights on what I can do. Thank you from the bottom of my heart. You are a great bunch.

10. Grammie

Grammie Guest

I am 52 female, married 4 children and 3 grand children. One dog named Thumper. Screen name is what my grandkids call me. Avitar just like it. Originally from NY and proud of it. Love it down here though, never going back. Cheerbear is my daughter.

11. rjfields

rjfields Well-Known Member

34 YO male married for 12 this year. We have one son who is 5. I spent ten years in the Navy served on board the USS Tripoli (LPH-10), USS America (CV-66), USS Dwight D. Eiesnhower (CVN-69), NDC MIDLANT, and the USS Oak Hill (LSD -51)

Love Punk music

12. magnolia

magnolia Well-Known Member

Greetings new folks I haven't met yet!

45 yo, divorced lady, with a wonderful 16 year old daughter who used to want to be in the CIA, but is aiming more for the digital arts/photography field now. (Thank goodness) :-D

We have one regular tortie-cat and one big white super-sized-panther cat. I'm seriously considering getting a Golden Retriver puppy...but want to make sure I have secured dependable "doggie-sitting" for when I have to travel, first.

1997 transplant from VA, now well settled in Garner. I was a Corporate Trainer in the mortgage servicing industry (been in the industry 17 years), but recently accepted a promotion to Business Analyst (yay!).

I love collecting mid-century stuff and painting (pics and walls). Self-admitted news-junkie, political-junkie, and Starbucks Frappucino-junkie. I'm not politically correct, but I try to be fair.

13. Animal lover

Animal lover Well-Known Member

I thought that too. When I read or respond to a posting, I feel like I am listening/talking to the avatar. (And yes, I talk to my cats :))

14. magnolia

magnolia Well-Known Member

Now Grace...if I worked in the school system, would I complain about them so much in public? LOL!:-D

15. Curious

Curious Well-Known Member

Female, 54 yrs. old. Been married to DH 20 years. Have 9 kids between us, 10 grandbabies (newest one born May 30th) and one great-grandchild! Stay at home mom and substitute teacher for Johnston Co. Schools. My avatar is of Curious George because I think he's cute and I'm curious about so many things!

16. ubergeek

ubergeek Well-Known Member

Well..I HAVE been out of the loop for awhile and it's great to see so many new faces (so to speak)

I am 38, a teacher in JoCo, a total science GEEK and I love any new techno toys (hence the name)...in addition to being a book geek, word geek, sci-fi geek, plant geek ....et al.

I'll be married 3 years in July to a wonderful Jo-Co boy. I have a 15 year -old at West and a 12 year old at McGee's, I have 3 mutts - 3 year old cattle dog mix, 11 year old sheherd mix and a 7 year old black lab mix; 3 cats (3,3 and 1 yr) and 2 legless ones 6 year old ball python and 4 year old corn snake.

My avatar looks vaguely like me, but doesn't get wrinkles, varicose veins or liver spots....cool beans. I'll probably be around a little more often now that things are winding down (only to disappear again next August......)

17. Steve

Steve Guest

58 going on 18, married, 5 children, one grandson who graduated high school Friday.... musician, dj, events planner. Self centered jerk who has dedicated his life to running his own program without interference and make money doing it. Mission accomplished.

I like people and would like them to like me, but my self esteem is not defined by it.

I believe in doing the right thing, but don't feel constrained to be happy or cheerful about it all the time. Sometimes doing the right thing is a real pain in the butt.

18. nevilock

nevilock Well-Known Member

its looking like i'm the forum baby =X

I'm 21yo comitted guy with no kids (scary idea o_O) my avatar name is my name flipped around (Kevin) with extra letters added in. My avatar is the forum avatar of lvl 60 troll rogues in World of Warcraft, because its a troll... and i'm a troll... so... poof.

Last edited: Mar 18, 2008
  19. Just One Guy

Just One Guy Well-Known Member

You can say that again! :mrgreen:

Just kidding!

20. Steve

Steve Guest

see also paragraph 2....