So, who are you

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by kaci, Jun 1, 2007.

1. kookookacho

kookookacho Well-Known Member

**shudder** that bridge gives me the willies!

I went White water rafting down the Upper Gauley river and we had to go over that bridge to get to the drop off point. That place is some purdy country right there! :mrgreen:

2. robbie

robbie Well-Known Member

Hey Peppercorn, I was born in Huntington Hospital,lived in Melville and Smithtown,graduated from Half Hollow Hills HS East 79, my better half in Mather Hospital in Port Jeff , lived in Centereach whole life, graduated from Centereach HS 78. Our 2 kids were born in St. John's Espicopal in Smithtown. Of course, we started our first year here in Cary 16 years ago, and then after a year moved to Johnston county and have been here ever since, and absolutely love it. Miss the bagels and rolls and butter....... 2 kids, 1 boy with a bachelors degree, and one daughter going to be a college sophomore..... 2 4 legged furry protective dogs..... The American Dream......

3. Wayne Stollings

Wayne Stollings Well-Known Member

About 25 miles or so closer to NC. I spent a bit of time hanging around in Summersville when I was younger. I lived between Rt 19 (going to Summersville) and Ansted (west on Rt 60/midland Trail) for most of my early years.

4. Wayne Stollings

You should have been there when they were building it. Once the arch was finished you could walk the catwalk underneath if they did not catch you ... I know quite a few of the older guides on the river too. Never been whitewatering because of that knowledge ... ;)

There are catfish in the New River and Kanawha that are bigger than a man.

5. kookookacho

kookookacho Well-Known Member

I ain't skeerd! :lol:

But I ain't doing it again b/c if the walk UP the mountain carrying the raft after a day of merciless water torture. But the budwiser waiting at the top was like winning the lotto.8)

6. LI-bratz

LI-bratz Well-Known Member

Peppers & Robbie well right back to you. I was bron at St John's in Smithtown. Lived in Hauppuage went to & graduated from Hauppauge High class of 87. I worked at Centereach Pizza Hut. I went to Sachem Prom class of 1988. My best friend graduated in 87 from Sachem. Liek you both relocated & did my time in Cary for a number of years b4 moving to JOCO.

I have two other Hauppaugians that just moved here one is in Holly Springs the other in JOCO Waverly Point. I reside in Benson now.

No more NY for me. Small world

7. Pirate96

Pirate96 Guest

Spent a couple of nights there in a hotel. You must have been bored!

8. Wayne Stollings

Where I grew up was less interesting to say the least. Summersville has a hotel for example ... :lol: :lol: That is part of the reason I live here now too.

Suimmersville is a speed trap but Ansted was a bigger one for much longer. ;)

9. jello212

jello212 Active Member

36 year old male and married exactly 1 year. No kids yet unless you count the dog. I'm originally from here (Selma) but moved to Pensacola, FL for 4 years until I moved home 1 month ago with my wife. She's a pensacola native so if anyone sees a half chinese woman driving slowly and looking like she's lost, be patient with her - she probably is lost.

10. Kelyel

Kelyel Well-Known Member

Hey,

I'm 40ish, TRUE local FARM girl. DH & I have been together since 1991, married in 1996. One son almost 5, will be at CES in the fall. One long fang 4 legged son age 6. He's a German Shepherd Rescue.
    NCSU Grad.
    Lived in Raleigh 20 years; moved back to the Farm in 2004, building a house, have cattle, cars & catfish.

I guess you could say I'm one of the FEW True 'OLD CLeveland' Natives. Our farm was "Polenta" back in the day. The Old Polenta Post Office in is my back yard.

Hope everyone makes it to a 4042 Lunch soon!

11. ECAVE

ECAVE Well-Known Member

Male, married 20 years, 4 kids (2 legged), four 4 legged kids.
    NC native - Been in JoCo since 1996.
    Work as a mechanical designer at RTP.

Name - E is the first letter of first name. CAVE is the first letters of last. I am sure a few of you will know who I am now. I know who three of you are.

12. turtlepits

turtlepits Well-Known Member

My Turn...

29 years old (until October) :(
    female
    Proud parent of 2 boys 8 and 10 years old
    2 Dogs.... Mini Pinscher and American Pit
    Work in Customer Service for privately owned moving compamy
    Married 2 years to the most wonderful man in the world
    I Love TURTLES hints the avatar.
    From a little town in Harnett County called Coats, now reside in Smithfield for about 10 years now.

Last edited: Jun 6, 2007
  13. elims

elims Well-Known Member

I'm Elims ... I'm a 36 year old Mom of 3 dogs and a cat. Bailey is a mini-aussie, Willow is a white shepherd, Riley is a collie and Cinder rules us all. I just got engaged on Memorial Day. I'm originally from St.Louis, but have also lived in Wilkes-Barre, PA (4 yrs) and Hackensack, NJ (10 mos) and have worked in MI and IL. I consider NC to be "home" now, it's my favorite state.

My nickname is leftover from college ... my favorite word, spelled backwards!

14. JenniferK

JenniferK Well-Known Member

WHAT?!?!?

How'd we miss this??

Congrats girl! You deserve the very best!!!

15. TheAntHillMob

TheAntHillMob Active Member

This is to answer KTBAILY (or whatever her name is) that is interested in my history

I'm 33 years old, widowed for 9 years due to a selfish drunk driver with multiple violations.

I grew in Taos, NM and have lived in Clayton (Riverwood) for about 2 years.

My sister and her husband moved here and thought "I would love it".

I'm a RN at a hospital in Wake County. I love my job.

I'm on vacation until next Tuesday and we will be going to the coast for a few days.

I have a beautiful daughter Emily that will be 11 in two weeks.

I have one dog named Barker who is a labmix and a two very elderly cats names Chester and Baxter.

And yes, I'm hot...

16. ssmm

ssmm Well-Known Member

I am a discussion board lurker... I read a lot but don't post a lot. :)
    I am 35, female, single.
    Lived in JoCo for 11 years... back in Garner now.
    My name is a combination of initials. I am an NCSU grad... hence the avatar.
    I do not like olives... or horseradish. I like pizza... and beer :)

17. elims

elims Well-Known Member

Hee hee hee hee hee ... :-D

Thanks!!

18. Breezy18

Breezy18 Well-Known Member

A little about me

I am a 34 (soon to be 35 on July 20th) female. I have been married 7 years this past Sunday to a wonderful guy and a great father!! We have one son who is five. He will be starting kindergarten in the Fall at Benson Elementary (anyone out there have any comments about this school pm me please!!)

I was originally born in Canada but have been here in North Carolina most of mylife!! My father was in the Navy therefore we traveled alot as a service family.

I also have some furry babies. I have a min-pin (doughbie) that is 9 years old and a Boston Terrier (Rockie) that will be 2 in September. We also have a total of seven fish tanks varying in size. The largest is a 175 gallon...these are my husband's 'hobby' and I have nothing to do with them!!!

I have met a few on this board and went to the same High School as Harley (I will never tell though!)

I work as a networking technician at a computer service desk (7 years this October) and have been employed at the firm for 15 years in total in October.

19. Southernborn

Southernborn Well-Known Member

Congrats elims!

20. KDsGrandma

KDsGrandma Well-Known Member

Google "avatars" and you will find several sites that offer suitable pics. Go to "User CP" at the left of the bar above, and follow the directions.