THIS...

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by ready2cmyKing, Mar 31, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Angeleyes

Angeleyes Guest

Before I ignore you whats in your hand and what are you watching right now?Oh and one more question what did they do to you in prison when they found out what you did? were you passed around? Did you have to keep your soap on a rope?

2. elims

elims Well-Known Member

Unfortunately, our justice system allows criminals to retain their rights. You commit a crime ... ANY crime ... you really ought to lose more rights. It really ought to be a CRIME to commit a crime. BUT ... legally ... it's not. So, child molestors and rapists will still get their hands slapped, say I'm Sorry ... and be cut loose.

I am a victim also, but hold very little malice anymore to my offender. I've (mostly) moved past it. I'm stronger than him, now.

3. TheAngryOffender

TheAngryOffender Well-Known Member

I'm completely open-minded to what anyone else has to say...as long as they can prove what they say. My mind welcomes change. I change my opinions regularly. I learn constantly and my opinions evolve with that learning. The comments on this forum, however harsh at times, have helped me to refine some of the finer points of my philosophies and enrich my understanding of my fellow man. My choice of alias in retrospect was not the best for universal purposes, but it fits the motif of the site. Regardless, that is a moot point.

I am offended by the notion that I should change my mind based on who can shout the loudest. I see things for what they are, and hold no malice towards anyone without a very good reason to do so, be they a child molester or a reverend. Every person is unique, and I do not pre-judge those persons. Among the various forums I visit, I often choose to discuss both sides of an issue, or play the "unpopular role" rather than follow what everyone else is saying.

Only by questioning what is considered to be correct can I be assured that I have come to the proper conclusion. Remember "12 Angry Men?" One juror said "not guilty" because he wanted to talk about the subject, where 11 others had already written off the defendant as guilty. In the end, they all changed their minds, but it took that one person to stand back and say "wait, let's look at this before we pass judgment." That's why I'm the "angry offender." I am angry at the notion that I should believe everything, and I have no problem offending others in the search for the truth. It doesn't mean "annoyed molester" like your initial thinking leads you to reason.

4. Angeleyes

Angeleyes Guest

I agree you have to move on but you never forget .They should have NO rights imo they gave up their rights when they crossed that line .

5. TheAngryOffender

Angeleyes, I've never been incarcerated in my life, and I've never even thought about touching a child. Quit making those kinds of assumptions.

As for the other two things...
    Hand: keyboard, mouse, occasionally my spoon for my cereal (would you like the details of what I've chosen to eat at 2 PM today?)
    Watching: E-mail, this forum, and laughing at Adam Sandler periodically.

6. TheAngryOffender

I have huge problems with the system and how it works, and contrary to the beliefs of some here, I'm on the same side as you and everyone else.

The punishment should fit the crime, yes...but my primary focus is on methods to prevent the crimes from ever happening, and punishments don't accomplish that. We need to stop the crimes from even being a problem in the first place, because once it happens, the damage is done, end of story.

You are to be highly respected for not letting that vile person destroy your future. I salute you.

7. Angeleyes

Angeleyes Guest

well ty for answering that question with out being an ***.I have another one. Have you or anyone you know been a victim of a sex crime?When I say who you know I mean someone close to you someone you care about? wife daughter mother sister someone you would consider giving your own life for?

8. KDsGrandma

KDsGrandma Well-Known Member

What methods do you suggest?

9. Angeleyes

Angeleyes Guest

Oh, thats a good one. I would like to know that one also.

10. TheAngryOffender

My mother was raped. They had to do a DNA test on me to make sure my dad was my dad.

Two of my best friends and my fiancee were teen rape victims.

Then again, I also personally knew someone who was a doctor and is registered for taking indecent liberties with a patient. I knew him before his conviction and after as well. He's not a bad guy. He did something very damned stupid. When he was about to plead guilty and go to prison, he came over to say goodbye to us. There's no way the crying that man was doing was fake. If I ever knew a man that regretted what he had done, this was it. I was about 18 when he was sent to prison. I just checked the registry, and he's been released for five years and done nothing else.

I also know another person who didn't even do the crime, but plead out of it because the prosecutor held "escalation of charges" above his head. He plead his life away. Now he's lucky if he can keep a home for half a year, and about the same for a job.

It's not like I'm completely on the outside looking in.

11. justcurious

justcurious Guest

WOW I am a survivior of childhood sexual abuse by a family member. I still love my family member. My family had INTENSE therapy and with the help of therapists had a successful family reunifacation YEARS ago. We ALL put it behind us, including me. What about families like mine?

12. TheAngryOffender

You know, I haven't thought that through enough to give a very comprehensive answer, but the first thing that I advocate is to provide free treatment programs for potential offenders. If someone wants help, under the current system we throw them in jail. Why? There needs to be a system where people who show warning signs can get help. As an example, John Couey (the Lunsford killer) said himself that he had sought help with his inappropriate sexual desires long before the Lunsford incident. Look here:

http://www.prisonpotpourri.com/SEX_OFFENDERS/COUEY/John Couey_ChildKiller.html

Quote: INVERNESS - John Evander Couey has been vilified across the country since he confessed to killing 9-year-old Jessica Lunsford. The Citrus County sheriff referred to him as "that piece of trash."

But court records show Couey, 46, has requested mental health assistance for nearly three decades.

One such case, detailed in recent news reports, occurred in 1991 when Kissimmee police accused him of exposing and fondling himself before a 5-year-old girl.

And Couey asked for help 13 years before that, according to court records reviewed this week by the St. Petersburg Times.
    ---snip---

If proper pre-treatment programs had existed, there's a possibility that Jessica Lunsford would still be alive today.

13. KDsGrandma

Interesting question. And your use of the word "survivor" instead of "victim" helps explain how you were able to move on.

14. TheAngryOffender

That's one of the things that I'm talking about; if one forever sees themselves as a victim of something, they essentially remain chained by that victimization. A victim is beaten by their victimization; a survivor rises above it and goes on to live life, never forgetting, but never letting it destroy their future either.

15. Angeleyes

Angeleyes Guest

Thats good for you I'm glad that worked for your family.I feel repeat offenders should be cut off . I won't change my op. on that .I think their pics should be public so we know whos in our neck of the woods.I think schools need to better check teachers out. I think some cases are different from others depending on the crime.I also know everyone in prison isn't guilty . At the same time I do not think molesting a child is a 1 time bad judgement. but when someone has this attitude like oh its no big deal move on they have no clue what it takes to move on and nobody ever can just put it behind them its always there always.

16. KDsGrandma

I agree with you that all cases are not alike. What did you think about Ricky, in that NPR story that was posted a few pages back in this thread?

17. Angeleyes

Angeleyes Guest

Honestly I'm not sure wasn't that the 2 teens?

18. TheAngryOffender

That's one thing you WON'T find me advocating ANY lenience for:

REPEAT OFFENDERS DO NOT MATTER TO ME. Anyone can make a mistake or do something utterly stupid. Doing it again after suffering the full consequences of those actions, however, is not a mistake, it's a major personal problem.

I believe in second chances. Rarely will I ever believe in a third one.

19. Angeleyes

Angeleyes Guest

I am going back to look. my boss keeps coming in here telling me cornny jokes . I'm not sure if I should play stupid or fake laugh.

20. KDsGrandma

Yes, it's post # 93 in this thread, if you want to go back and read the whole story, but here's how it starts out:
    Then it goes on to say how this has affected his whole life.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.