Shelby...

Discussion in 'Cat Dog' started by harleygirl, May 16, 2006.

1. Bren

Bren Well-Known Member

I'm really sorry Harley. :cry: Hopefully the medicine will be just what she needs and she'll be feeling better real soon!! Keep us informed!!

You know how to reach me if you need me. We can drink our beer and cry together!!

Brenda

2. le

le Well-Known Member

Geesh HG I somehow missed this thread previously. Sorry to hear about your Shelby.

Dogs are wonderful creatures that give us their all just for some kibble, a walk and some belly rubs!

Stop crying all over the poor girl and go get another beer! Be sure to holler if you need anything.

3. peaches

peaches Well-Known Member

Give Shelby a little pat on the head from me. I know I haven't formally met her, but she could be Grizzy's "sister!" (Griz is only 8, though.) I hope she does better and better.

4. harleygirl

harleygirl Well-Known Member

She had not eaten anything at all yesterday, so when we got home last night DH threw some chicken breasts on the grill and I made some rice to put in her dog food. She ate a whole bunch and her meds! ;)
    We'll keep you updated.

5. ready2cmyKing

ready2cmyKing Well-Known Member

Glad she's feeling better!

6. Snuffleufogous

Snuffleufogous Well-Known Member

HG, I just saw this for the first time. Sending my prayers your way.

Snuff and the Snuffdog

7. froggerplus

froggerplus Well-Known Member

Hey sweetie,

Hugs to you all! One more thing for Shelby to contend with :cry:. Sounds like she may be feeling a little better.

Need anything-I mean it-you have my numbers!!

Frogger

8. Southernborn

Southernborn Well-Known Member

HG, I hope she will get better.

9. kaci

kaci Well-Known Member

Hey girl, hope Shelby is better - let me know {{{{{hugs}}}}}

10. harleygirl

She's a damn miracle. One day I think she's dying and one day later with meds, back to normal. I always think the worst anyway considering her age.

Shelby says thanks! :mrgreen:

11. mispuddin

mispuddin Guest

I am late coming in on this thread. I am so sorry about your baby HG. I will keep yall in my thoughts and prayers.

I have a Chihuahua who was pretty sick last week, so I took her to the vet Monday. She has Congestive Heart failure and a bladder infection. Well I want to know if she can live with treatment for the heart or is she pretty much doomed? I have been so upset. We are giving her meds for the infection and at the end of the week we will start on the heart.

12. harleygirl

Shelby is on Enalapril for her heart. Seems to be doing great!

Good luck with your baby.

13. mispuddin

mispuddin Guest

Thank you. So with the meds, they should live longer and healthier??? I have been so worried and trying to figure a good way to explain the iminent death of our dog to our 5 year old.

14. PirateGirl

PirateGirl Well-Known Member

Again, I suggest pming Zookeeper because of her 4-legged baby's heart condition. She has been dealing with it for a long time so she probably has great words of wisdom for you. Best of luck to your baby.

15. harleygirl

Can anyone tell me how it works when you have your pet cremated?

When she "goes" what do I do? Do I need to just wrap her in a blanket? Does she need to be refrigerated? I don't know. I know it's selfish of me but I want to keep her with me forever.

Shelby's not eating very much at all now, she's skin and bones, still drinks water though, is having lots of trouble getting up and walking around, she's bumping into things, can't hear anymore, her eyesight is horrible - she can see up close but not far away. In general she just seems to be going downhill pretty fast. She sleeps about 18 hours a day. She still wags her tail whenever I come up behind her and rub her, so she knows it's me! I would like to have all the information ready when the time comes.

And I will need therapy!

I'll check back later, I have to go to work.

16. KellBell

KellBell Well-Known Member

awww, poor Shelby and HG. I am so sorry. We had our last Chessie cremated. We just took him to the vet and he took care of it. we came back a couple of days later and got the 'box' with Spenser's ashes.

17. peaches

peaches Well-Known Member

My heart sank for you when I read this. We'll be thinking of you often and with warmth. :grouphug:

18. PirateGirl

PirateGirl Well-Known Member

We had Elvis cremated. He was at the Vet because we had to make the decision that it was time, so they picked him up from there. According to teh website of the place CAH uses, they will pick up from your home. You could Clayton Animal and ask them the name of the place they use. They were great about everything. The number for CAH is 553-4601. I also ordered a beautiful urn offline that I had engraved. It has a series of paw prints. It has Elvis full name, DOB and DOD, and "Our Special Angel" on it. Let me know if you want the name of the company. Also, when Elvis' cremains came back to CAH, I brought teh urn up and Ms. Cindy transferred the cremains for me.

19. shar824

shar824 Well-Known Member

Aww...sorry to hear that HG!!! Hang in there!!!

Give her lots and lots and lots of mommy hugs!!!!!

20. tassy

tassy Well-Known Member

Awwwwwwww HG... you know we'll give you all the therapy time you need here!

Give Shelby extra special hugs and kisses from me!