Marco's Italian Rest & Pizzeria

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by kaci, Apr 30, 2007.

1. EV323

EV323 Member

I guess you liked the Pizza Hut with the live rodents spotted? Guess you are not much of a pizza connoisseur. Venero's has the best service in the triangle for the price! Drinks on your table in seconds, garlic knots to munch on (for Free) guess you don't out much to check out what's out there

2. PirateGirl

PirateGirl Well-Known Member

I finally tried Marco's tonight. The Stromboli was good, but dang...expensive!!

3. sheblondy

sheblondy Well-Known Member

Is there a menu for Marcos online? Hopefully their prices are better than Veneros. Looking for some good lasagne !

4. jdk

jdk Well-Known Member

goto 2 cousins they have lasagna and it's awesome

their web is www.2cpizza.com and you could print a coupon for it also

5. jello212

jello212 Active Member

Tried Marco's on Sunday night and I had mixed feelings. We called them at 8:30 without knowing their hours. They told us they were closed and all the drivers had left, but said they would make us a pizza if we picked it up. We took them up on the offer, but the pizza was average at best. I will certainly go again, if for no other reason than to reward their service to us last Sunday. And, I like to see local businesses make it. I just hope the next dish is better than that pizza.

6. Kelyel

Kelyel Well-Known Member

We went to Marco's for lunch after church on Father's Day. 3 adults and 1 child. DH and I got pasta dinners (Ziti and Lasagna) which were both good, not great. We did not necessarily want the dinner-sized portions, but they said the do not serve the lunch portions on Sundays. Sauce seemed EXTRA salty to both of us. I know it's tomato sauce, but it tasted like they doubled or tripled up on the salt in it from what it should have been. Other than that, the flavor was good (again, not great).

Service was pretty good, they were fairly busy, not packed. Sort of strange that we didn't have the same server for any 2 items- one person served drinks, a different one served salads, and a 3rd served the meal. They forgot to serve us any bread- and the garlic knots they brought after DH asked were so-so at best- they tasted like they were leftover from the previous night. My aunt got the grilled chicken salad, which was very large and (she said) very good- but it was $10, so I guess it should have been large. :)

So, I think we will go back, and probably get the pizza next time so we have something to compare to 2 cousins.

Oh, and the comment someone made about people having "blind loyalty" to 2 Cousins......I'd like to know what makes you say that??? We love 2 Cousins, the food is always good and the pizza is some of the best NY Style Pizza I've had. Sure it might be a bit different from time to time, but it's always good- and the 2 large with dozen wings deal they have is impossible to beat.

We're not passing judgement either way on Marco's yet, we'll give them a couple of visits before we make a firm comparison to any other Italian place.... :)

Kel

7. bissielizzie

bissielizzie Well-Known Member

2 cousins pizza

I heard that a 2 cousins pizza will be moving into the new Lowe's food plaza at 50/42.

8. boo_radley21

boo_radley21 Well-Known Member

Are they moving completely? I heard they were just opening a second location.

9. bissielizzie

2 cousins pizza

I believe the next location will be 50/42 in the new Lowe's food plaza

10. jdk

jdk Well-Known Member

it's their 3rd location. they have 1 at mcgee's, the 2nd on highway 55 across from the post office and this one is the 3rd at 50/42 lowe shopping plaza

11. claytonian

claytonian Well-Known Member

Marco's

DH brought a menu home; reading the menu makes me think of a place back in Binghamton. We had a Marco's back there - loved their garlic knots. I see they have a white garlic sheet pizza - yummy!!!! I'm willing to give them a try from our usual pizza night from Venaro's since we've done nothing but complain lately (and yes, we've complained to the owner - finally decided to give up on the watered down, diced tomato topping for a sauce on the pasta and stick to the pizza).

12. bissielizzie

Marco's

We ate at Marco's the other night. The A/C is still a problem as it was for the rib place. Only lighting was from ceiling fan lights, a little hard to read menu as the sun was setting. I assume the bread dripping with butter are the garlic knots that everyone seems to love, we didn't. They were just parkerhouse rolls brushed with butter and dusted with garlic salt/powder and toasted. We had a white pizza with grilled chicken and spinach. There was supposed to be Roma tomatoes on it, but they didn't taste or look like Romas and the chicken wasn't grilled and was cut up so fine it was barely noticeable. It was a long wait for our food, but the ice tea was good. We don't think we will be going back anytime soon.

13. KellBell

KellBell Well-Known Member

Finally tried Marco's last night. Ordered a pizza for take-out. It was horrible and undercooked. way too much sauce. The garlic knots were raw in the middle. yuck. good prices for all the food I got, but it wasn't good at all. and the girl cashier was kinda snippy. doubtful I will go back.

14. Pickle

Pickle Well-Known Member

2 cousins

Has anyone been there lately and happened to notice if they carry the Carolina Clipper?

15. OmniOne1

OmniOne1 Well-Known Member

Marco's runs two specials in the Carolina Clipper.

KellBell. You are entirely wrong. There are no cashiers that would classify as "girls" as they do not allow anyone outside of the family to use the register. So if this is so you spoke with one of the "snippy" owners.

The AC is now working. And the reason the lighting was low at that time was to reduce an extra heat. Ashley Turner did not install proper AC into the building. Only the needed amount for a retail store, not a restraunt.

16. Tit4Tat

Tit4Tat Well-Known Member

I wasnt impressed when I went a couple of months ago. It was hotter in there then it was outside. ugh....The only thing that made it good was that we knew the guy that waited on us. He gave us really good service. The food was okay. Just okay. I guess with all the hype in here I expected it to be REALLY good.
    I havent been back. Dont know if I will. It never "pops" into my head when thinking of a place to go out to eat. hummmmm.

17. KellBell

KellBell Well-Known Member

OK the cashier/chick/ owner/patriarch....was snippy and bossy. My bad.

18. boomergirl

boomergirl Guest

marco's

best i've tasted in ages, try their soups and
    especially the tomato something one
    also had a philly cheesteak, heavenly, the roll was
    so soft and flaky
    all the pasta dishes are good , i like their sauce
    hey, claytonian i am from binghamton too, remember little venice, yum!
    marco's are from that area too.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 22, 2007
  19. OmniOne1

OmniOne1 Well-Known Member

This is the way I see it...

Some people prefer a nice mexican restraunt. Then other prefer Taco Bell.

If you don't like Marco's then you would probably prefer Pizza Inn or CiCi's.

But I assure you, there is no better food anywhere. And this is coming from a born and raised JOCO native. I'v been everywhere around these parts. And have never ran across better food, or nicer people. That's just my opinion.

20. bandmom

bandmom Well-Known Member

Venero's in Clayton is way better! :-D