HELP!! Neighbor from Hatties

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by turtlepits, Jun 27, 2007.

1. openminded

openminded Well-Known Member

Ken,
    I totally agree with you, but there comes a point when you have to decide if it's all worth it. Seems to me they've done a lot to resolve this issue. When do you say enough is enough, continue at the endangerment of your family? Let's remember this woman is not dealing with a full deck. But I do see your point and agree when dealing with a rational, sane person.

2. space_cowboy

space_cowboy Well-Known Member

Well, if it's legal for them to aim a light at your house, then it's legal for you to aim at theirs. I'd put at least five on that side, aimed at each window. Crank the ATV up and have the camera ready. I'm sure you'll capture some great footage. Also, your hubby needs to man up and protect his family. If the neighbor wants an arse whoppin, let him have what he seeks.

3. TheAntHillMob

TheAntHillMob Active Member

Turtle -
    I feel horrible for you, I really do.
    I hate that R-wood has so many rules, but I guess deep down they are there to protect you.

Do yourself a favor. Make the deal. Take down your cameras.

Did you all see the "videocamera" crap that's happening in (I think) Bayhill Long Island?

The neighbor was videotaping two littel girls in their bathing suits in their pool in their backyard for proof of noise.

Now, the mother of the girls, (and the rest of the country) thinks he was videotaping the girls for his own pleasure.

She's demanding the videotapes back, and he's being labeled a child molester etc. (Along with his wife)

This bitty old lady sounds hatred and vicious. She could read this story and make up crap about you and your husband.

I don't know... I feel for you hon..... You wouldn't be giving in.... she sounds crazy, and crazy people don't change.

Oh... just being nosey here. How come the police arrested her hubby for a threat, but your husband got a summons to appear in court?
    Just curious on how they decide that.

Snoop

4. turtlepits

turtlepits Well-Known Member

The boyfriend was still standing out in the street yelling when the police came. They charged him with communicating threats and damage to real property (the fence).If the police had not seen him , he most likely would have just been served papers also. I think the police decided to take the aggressor from there and things would have calmed down.

Last edited: Jun 27, 2007
  5. Southernborn

Southernborn Well-Known Member

OMG...

Ken, I totally AGREE with you!

Turtle...

I'd video tape EVERYTHING. This is evidence of harassment, etc. and a video tape is admissible in court. My kids would play outside and I'd be out there videoing them, so you can capture those people in their finest moments.

They would not change my life, and the more heck they gave me the more I'd give them (legally of course). Those neighbors that tell you things they've told them-have them write it in statements and turn over to your attorney.

I'd talk to my attorney about how you can hold the landlord responsible for allowing this to continue.

I'd also do as another poster said, I'd point so many lights at them they'd be blinded..by the light!

6. TurtlePits wrote:
    > The property owner says its a
    > law matter and he can do nothing.

Turtle, if the landlord (property owner) is receiving public funds to supplement the rent of these troublemakers, then YES there is something that can be done about it! It is also a "law matter" if your landlord is accepting public funds to give refuge to troublemakers who exhibit criminal behavior! Let me explain: Years ago when my husband was in public office, there was this family (with 2 teenagers) always causing trouble for the entire neighborhood in our Ward; drugs, public drinking, offensively loud music, dangerous dogs, you name it! The 911 police log of all the complaint calls to this residence was very long to say the least. They were renters and many times my hubby would go and talk to their landlord (a notorious slum lord) who never did anything about it. THEN my hubby found out that this disruptive family was on housing assistance, with the slum/landlord receiving funds from public money to help pay him for their monthly rent. So, armed with copies of all the 911 complaint calls dispatched to this residence, my husband marched over to the public housing agency and showed the historical evidence of the nuisance this family caused. At this agency meeting, my husband found out that this slum/landlord owned several other rental units (in Wards other than ours) for which he was also getting paid from other troublemakers receiving public funds for housing assistance. Once my husband got the agency involved that held the purse-strings of the slum/landlord, it seemed to quickly get the ball in motion: The housing agency warned the slum/landlord that he had 30 days to abate the situations of ALL the troublemakers (not just this one bad family in our Ward) who were causing nuisances or else the funds he was getting from ALL of them would be stopped! Literally within less than 30 days, this 'problem family' was no longer seen in the neighborhood and a more law-abiding family was moved in to rent this slum/landlord's property. Citizens from other Wards of the city also reported that the troublemakers living in the other properties that this slum/landlord owned, also were replaced with other, more law-abiding people. Turtle, I don't know if this situation with your own neighbors-from-haides could be fixed in this similar manner but it sure would help if you could find out if they are on public assistance, and if they are, have the administering agency hit the landlord where it hurts most.....his pocketbook! But if they are not on public housing assistance and you don't have a city councilperson to go to bat for you on this (like how my hubby did for his constituents years ago), then try the following after you have decided to commit to seeing this through to the very end...

1] GET A 911 PRINTOUT: Get a printout of ALL previous 911/police calls dispatched to the address of the troublemakers -- not just the calls you made, but ALL the calls when others may have reported disturbances. And when you get that printout, make copies to distribute.

2] HER CRIMINAL RECORD: Make copies of that document showing where she just got off probation for manslaughter -- These copies also are for distribution. (Note: This is not slander, it is public record and others should be made aware of it!)

3] PETITION DRIVE: Create a petition for people to sign who want to get these troublemakers out of the neighborhood. As you go around collecting signatures, hand out a copy of #1 and #2 above for each person you ask to sign (whether they sign it or not). Remind those you ask to sign the petition of the following: There is safety and strength in numbers and if nobody gets involved then everybody suffers eventually! These troublemakers have already begun to involve others in their sick games and it is just a matter of time before other people are also victimized whether they sign the petition or not! Make this very clear to everyone you approach to sign the petition and repeat it to them over and over again! And if they don't sign the petition now, give them your number to call you when they change their mind. Also point out to everyone that as long as YOU have lived in the neighborhood there have been no disturbances coming from you, your family or your house and that they all should know you by now and also should KNOW that it is these troublemakers who are using them for their own sick games and ask everyone to be more cautious and not be used by these troublemakers.

4] WRITE THE LANDLORD (CERTIFIED, RETURN RECIPT & SHOW TO WHOM) Make a copy of the signed petition, the 911 printout and her criminal record and send them to the landlord along with a letter informing him that ALL of you are on a mission to get these troublemakers out of the neighborhood. Also inform him that by his receipt of the letter (because you are sending it certified with a request for return receipt and show to whom delivered), he NOW KNOWS of her criminal record AND of the disturbances coming from these troublemakers and that he can no longer feign not knowing about them. And finally advise him in the letter that if nothing is done about these troublemakers that you will go to the press about how certain landlords care more about the rent-money they get than they do about contributing to their communities in a positive way! THAT should get his attention! Of course make sure that the letter you write to him is not threatening in any way and explain that while you honor his freedom of choice to do as he sees fit for his own livelihood, your freedom of choice to protect your livelihoods also must be honored as well.

I don't know if the landlord will honor the petition and do what it takes HIMSELF to be an honorable citizen by getting rid of these troublemakers, but if enough people put constant pressure on him, he might then do something about it especially when he figures out that as long as "his" troublemaker renters are in YOUR faces, then you will continue to be in HIS face too! No lion can endure a thorn constantly poking and will do anything to make the pain go away....SO BE A PAIN TO THE LANDLORD!

TurtlePits also wrote:
    > the judge said there was not enough
    > evidence so he found her not guilty

The next time these troublemakers haul YOU into court (and knowing their history they likely will), quietly walk in and inform the judge that you now have plenty evidence (the 911 log, her criminal record, the petition and your letter to the landlord) to support your claims which have been legitimate all along, and beg the judge to get these people out of the neighborhood!

You have done nothing wrong so do not succumb to fear -- STAND YOUR GROUND and for what is right! Bullies are not very smart which means that YOU have the "home team" advantage! Bullies also prefer easy prey rather than a person who will defend themselves, especially when a whole lotta people get on board and show their strength in numbers!

I didn't mean this to be so lengthy but I really feel for you and I hope this has helped in some way! Keep us posted on further developments, okay?

Abundant Blessings and Shalom!
    Kimberly Carter

PS: Where did you get your name "turtlepits"?
    That's so cute and really cracks me up! LOL
    I LOVE TURTLES!!!
    :p :lol:

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 27, 2007
  7. ncmom

ncmom Well-Known Member

Is there a chance her lease is up soon and will not be renewed?

8. ready2cmyKing

ready2cmyKing Well-Known Member

Figured that out a while back, took a minute though. :lol:

9. KellBell

KellBell Well-Known Member

It took me a minute too.....:rolleyes:

10. TheAntHillMob

TheAntHillMob Active Member

The tape is admissible in court?
    Not that Turtle would, but how can they prove that the tape wasn't altered?

The other people could claim that she edited out a portion where Turtle were saying threats.
    Just a thought... not a P.I. or a cop... Just thinking if this is the best route for her to go.

Snoop

11. turtlepits

yeah, my goof. :)

My name turtlepits came from a close friend of mine.(kind-of gross) We were going to the beach and didn't want to waste time meeting some people so we made no pit-stops all the way there. So when we got to the condo where we were to meet the rest of the crowd, they were not there yet and I had to #1 very badly and could not wait anymore, so I pulled some trashcans around and did my deed. Then when the others came, they moved the trashcans back to where they were and someone made a comment that it looked like a turtle had made a pit back there. So, from that day on I am referred to as turtlepits. I do love turtles too :)

12. turtlepits

I did talk to the DA and she said I can use the tape as evidence. All of this was recorded toward the end of the six hour video tape, so they can tell nothing was edited. I'm sure they don't want to watch the entire tape but they are more than welcome. I did ask about the rules and guidelines before putting our cameras up. You do not have to put any signs up or inform anyone they are there. The cop said it would be better if nobody knew they were there. Too late now. The only reason we got the cameras to begin with was someone had stolen 10 boards out of my husbands work truck one night. nothing has been stolen since. Knock on wood ! hehehehe

13. dangerboy

dangerboy Well-Known Member

and i was seriously about to commend you for not commenting on it....i was thinking it took all the self-control you could muster ;)

14. mispuddin

mispuddin Guest

Well I am crazy enough that the more they tormented me the more I would make their life miserable. Whoever said to put up several lights...do it. They will get tired of that. I used to be a real B but kids do change that because I don't really want my kids to see the vindictive person that I could be, so I mellowed out some after I had kids but enough is enough. Sometimes you have to be as crazy as your crazy neighbors. That ole hag would not run me and my family away from my home. Make lots of noise and don't be afraid to live on your property. If she tells you or any member of your family that she is going to beat your @#$ then have her charged with communicating threats. Fight fire with fire.

15. Just One Guy

Just One Guy Well-Known Member

Any chance either of them are still on probation? Go talk to their probation officer.

16. dangerboy

dangerboy Well-Known Member

17. magnolia

magnolia Well-Known Member

T-Pits...maybe you just need some extraordinary enforcements...like this:

[​IMG]

:lol:

18. KDsGrandma

KDsGrandma Well-Known Member

Exactly. Self-defense is the key. If they are in your house, it's easier to establish self-defense. If they are coming after you in your yard, or on the street, or anywhere else, you have the right to defend yourself. If they are running away, what is it you are defending yourself from?

19. Pirate96

Pirate96 Guest

It is absolutely amazing how true this is. In general we have become so relaxed and do not appreciate freedom. Hopefully the recent release of the CIA "Family Jewels" may wake enough people up.

20. jdk

jdk Well-Known Member

don't you dare take down the video cameras that is your safety net for right now.

but you did mention she was in trouble with the law before

i may have missed it in a thread or if you haven't already, view your tapes daily, she's a criminal maybe she is already doing something illegal that you may not have noticed because nothing happened that day

it may be recorded already and you didn't view it - that could be a reason why the bf wants you to take it down

keep all perspectives in mind!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!