A place for random thoughts....

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by JenniferK, Mar 15, 2006.

1. boo_radley21

boo_radley21 Well-Known Member

The grass in my yard, at one point, was so dry it crunched when you walked across it.

While I LOVE getting some rain, I'd MUCH rather get a nice, slow, steady, soaking rain, than these stupid gullywashing thunderstorms of late.

One minute my plants and flowers are begging for rain, and then they're drowned in rainwater...there hasn't been any inbetween.

And plus, we're the fosterparent for my DW's ex-husband's dog (beagle/chihuahua mix), and he's a little thunderstorm scaredy-cat. I don't think his timbers have stopped shivering since Thursday. :)

Boo

2. kaci

kaci Well-Known Member

Poor little doggy - my baby girl (15yo Eskimo Spitz) always heads for the bathroom with no windows when a storm is coming so it is nice to have fair warning:-D

3. boo_radley21

boo_radley21 Well-Known Member

This little thing...cute as a button...has his ears sticking out both directions, eyes big as saucers, and tremble, tremble, tremble...

For those of you who remember cartoons, he reminds me of Wile E. Coyote after he ate the Earthquake seeds...LOL

Boo

4. Tangerine

Tangerine Well-Known Member

well i've spent the weekend moving my daughter into her first apartment. i was fine until i came back home to an empty bedroom.......what now? :?

5. GarnerGirl2000

GarnerGirl2000 Well-Known Member

Why does the 4th of July have to be right smack dab in the middle of the week!?!?!?!?!? :cry: :x :cry: :x :cry: :x :cry: :x :cry:

6. harleygirl

harleygirl Well-Known Member

I know, messes up my busy schedule! :lol:

It will be nice to have a day off with DH though! :twisted:

7. middle of the week holiday

So we can take a very long week-end.

8. KellBell

KellBell Well-Known Member

That's what I am talking about.....soon as I leave this campus tomorrow, I am heading to the beach, till Sunday! Happy 4th of July to me!!

9. ServerSnapper

ServerSnapper Well-Known Member

I am heading to Pinehurst....5 full days of golf. Except Friday. I have to take the wife out to eat. Maybe McDonalds or Hardees. Something romantic.

10. CraigSPL

CraigSPL Well-Known Member

Was down there on Saturday to watch the women play and man was it freaking humid and hot. Between the heat the humidity, walking the course 4 times, and a few beers here and there I was tired and worn out by the end of the day.

Craig

11. Southernborn

Southernborn Well-Known Member

I hate golf

12. GarnerGirl2000

I am so tired and its only Monday! :neutral:

13. Southernborn

Southernborn Well-Known Member

Yippie, I'm off tomorrow!

14. GarnerGirl2000

ME TOO!!!!! :)

15. CraigSPL

CraigSPL Well-Known Member

I'm off tomorrow and Thursday.....gotta have a day to recover then back to work on Friday.

Craig

16. KellBell

KellBell Well-Known Member

I am eating a green now-n-later and it is outstanding.

17. mental health

If I hate golf but enjoy putt-putt, is this a love/hate issue to worry about?:shock:

18. GarnerGirl2000

We just found out that we are getting a new "supervisor" and I can say that I am less than thrilled about the situation! :roll: :? :roll: :? :roll: :?

19. GarnerGirl2000

Well I am hoping that all will go well, but I have been around this person before so I know what to expect!

20. Tangerine

Tangerine Well-Known Member

I've been off since last Friday! :mrgreen: