HELP!! Neighbor from Hatties

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by turtlepits, Jun 27, 2007.

1. Loriana

Loriana Well-Known Member

I figured it was regular crazy neighbor mess until I read the manslaughter part. There are TONS of houses in Clayton. I would move to a new one. I'm selling mine, and my neighbors are nice. Want to move in??

2. turtlepits

turtlepits Well-Known Member

Update on court

TERRIBLE, TERRIBLE, TERRIBLE.
    That's all I can say.
    We (my husband and I) went to court, video, pictures, and camera in hand. Our lawyer came up to us and said I had two pending charges that had not been served yet on me. On the 26th, the old lady and one of her Granddaughters she has custody of ,had taken out Communicating Threat charges against me the night after I had talked to the police about asking them to get their spotlight out of our windows. I never said anything to either one of them and they lied and were able to take out charges on me. Our lawyer said their lawyer told him if we dropped charges on the boyfriend , they would drop ALL charges against my husband and the two pending that I had not been served yet. So, to save us from having to pay another lawyer fee, we agreed to drop charges as long as they did and I wanted them to sign something stating they can not harass , annoy, or bother us in any way. I had to sign the same thing. So, I pray all things will be over. I know they will not. I will keep my cameras rolling 24/ 7. I just don't understand how they were able to lie and have papers taken out on me when they are the ones who yell and curse at us. Seems the magistrate would recognize a trend and fix the problem. Most lawyers, police officers, sheriffs, and even judges know this woman and always tell me they feel sorry for me having to live near her. If they know all this....why let it continue. And I did not know a child 13-15 can take out charges (papers) on another person. I'm just SOOO disappointed in the judicial system!!

3. turtlepits

yeah, it's too bad I don't have the money to continue to miss work and pay for lawyers to prove us innocent. The old lady seems to have more pull in the judicial system than we do. I hope there will be no more problems but I'm sure there will be. So, until it happens again I'll have to live with my mistakes. It was not that I wanted to drop charges, but our lawyer said he thought it would be best to keep us both out of trouble cause these guys lie very well. I did tell my husband I will not let my guard down and they WILL be prosecuted if it ever happens again. My husband was looking at all the times we both have missed work and the money spent on lawyers so he thought it was best too. One out weights the other. It would do no good to sue the old lady. She rents, draws Social Security, and owns nothing except a mini van. So either way we'd get screwed. Its a lose, lose situation.

4. ServerSnapper

ServerSnapper Well-Known Member

Video Video Video

5. TheAntHillMob

TheAntHillMob Active Member

What was the other "pending" charge?
    Also, why didn't they serve it to you yet?
    That's not fair, you should have known about these charges before you went to court!

6. turtlepits

The pending charges are the ones they took out on me that I have not been served with yet.
    If it weren't for those charges, we would have NEVER dropped charges. I don't know why I haven't been served yet. We just can't afford to miss more work and spend more on lawyers when I have two kids to raise. I know I won't hear the end of it for dropping charges , but finacially we didn't have much of a choice.But, I WILL NOT BE MOVING! That's really letting them win. I don't know! I'll just have to learn to live near a CRAZY lady.

7. Tit4Tat

Tit4Tat Well-Known Member

Where abouts do u live? I dont need the exact address.

Sounds like my neighborhood, kinda. I have a neighbor on each side that says where we have the property line is theirs. Well, survey says NOPEEEEE. They didnt like that to much. If it was up to them I would have just enough land to squeeze out of my house and a little v line to the car/truck. ugh. They both told me how long they have lived there so I guess they are showing their seniority? I dont care, I have been there 3 months, Cant we all just get along? I hate to say what neighborhood in case they read here.....:mrgreen: The other neighbor is cool as heck!!!! The ones down the road too!!!!

I am by McGee's. about 2 miles or so away from cvs.

8. TheAntHillMob

I probably would have done the same.
    I know it's easier said than done, but just IGNORE her.
    If you ignore her long enough they will find something else to occupy their pitiful lives with

9. turtlepits

Wilsons Mills

10. turtlepits

just got a phone call from our lawyer. The old lady wants us to take a smiley face sticker off the side of our barn where we have a camera. I say HELL NO!
    My barn, my yard , my sticker. Its not hurting anything or anyone. I don't think they can do anything about a sticker on the barn. It would be the same if I had a bumper sticker on my car right???

11. GarnerGirl2000

GarnerGirl2000 Well-Known Member

why would a smiley sticker effect someone?

12. KDsGrandma

KDsGrandma Well-Known Member

It's hard to imagine a lawyer wasting time on something like a smiley sticker on your barn. Are you paying him/her by the hour to call you up and relay demands from your neighbor?

13. Tit4Tat

I guess all I have to say is "WOW". I couldn't live with all that drama.:shock:

14. Josey Wales

Josey Wales Well-Known Member

Keep a good written record with dates, times, and exactly who said what. You have to be willing to counteract their lies. If 2 people say you said "so and so" you have to have a witness willing to say you didn't. Find family and friends who don't mind lying for you. Get them to say "I was there and heard the whole thing" even if its not true. That's the only way you can protect yourself against liars.

Don't fight over a light. Put up a room darkening shade. Pick your battles carefully.

And I would make sure I worried the living CRAP out of the landlord. I would cause him to see that property as the worst mistake he's ever made in his life. I would make him BEG for mercy until he promised to get these renters out.

15. TheAntHillMob

Does the Smiley Sticker say "you are on camera"

This is getting really weird!!!

Who is your lawyer? Who is there lawyer?

It sounds like they have a better lawyer?

Is the smiley face profane?
    What gives?

We need the news paper to run an article on this! This is way to wacky!

16. ServerSnapper

ServerSnapper Well-Known Member

You not living with Drama???:shock:

17. mike79

mike79 Active Member

The wackiest thing is our tax dollars pay for this nonsense. We wouldn't need as many sheriff's officers and judicial personnel if it weren't for this kind of crap in our courts. Grow up and figure it out yourselves without involving the police, lawyers, judges, cameras, stickers, and a community message board.

And I assure you as with any dispute there are two sides to this story

18. TheAntHillMob

Mike

From what I read, Turtle is totally innocent.
    They called the deputies on her.
    They shined the lights in her home
    They filed false police reports.

The only thing I can that might pi** of the neigbor is the camera.

But I highly doubt the camera is pointed on the neighbors property
    I'm sure Turtle has it pointed on her property.

So, I think we can see that it's the neighbor that is making the trouble.
    I mean please, a smiley sticker?

19. mike79

mike79 Active Member

Two sides to every story - surely you're not so niave to form an opinion after hearing only one side.

Regardless of who is "in the right," and undoubtably fault lies on both sides, it is sad that two adult parties let such trivial matters escalate to the point that involvement of the police was necessary.

20. Tit4Tat

:confused: Do I know you? I do not live with drama. I could not be in her situation. Just ignore the people. Put up a privacy fence?