Thank you 1 MORE Pitbull

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by JSatterfield, Jul 18, 2007.

1. harleygirl

harleygirl Well-Known Member

You beat me to it.

2. KDsGrandma

KDsGrandma Well-Known Member

I agree. And I'm not a bitter person, either.

3. KellBell

KellBell Well-Known Member

yep, count me in as being realistic too.

4. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

You need to go back and read more posts by Kaci before you say something like that. :roll: Least bitter person I know. The problem is not how they are euthenized, it's irresponsible pet owners that lead to the problem in the first place. Got a solution for that ??

5. kookookacho

kookookacho Well-Known Member

Shoot the owners instead? :confused:

6. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

There's a thought! :lol:

7. kookookacho

kookookacho Well-Known Member

Today, I have a wild hair across my a...... well you know. :lol:

guess I'm bitter too.

8. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

Nah! Not you! LOL! :mrgreen:

9. ljk

ljk Well-Known Member

I so wish people would quit focusing on how an animal is killed and help make it so we don't have to kill them at all. If we could drastically reduce the amount of animals needing euthanizing, then we would not need mass methods.

I have worked in animal rescue most of my adult life. I work for an organization that uses lethal injection. I am so glad for that, but DEAD IS DEAD. They are scared, they are without loved ones and then they are dead.

Let's work together on the real problem. Spay/neuter.... stop backyard breading, stop contributing to the problem, stop complaining and start helping. Talk is cheap, go volunteer, help raise money to pay for spays....

Remember DEAD is DEAD. In the end there is still an innocent animal in a trash bag.

10. KellBell

and THAT is your reality check for the day! perfectly stated too.

11. TheAntHillMob

TheAntHillMob Active Member

Wonderful post.
    But what about UNTIL the problem is corrected?
    Should these dogs and cats have to suffer in a gas chamber?
    I don't think so.
    I think that both causes should work together for the ultimate goal.

Don't punish the anikmal that is sitting in the pound today with gas, because spay neuter has not yet been established.

And for all of you that think shooting a companion dog is okay... remember, the way people treat animals is a reflection on the "person".

I'm glad I don't personally know any of you.

That's my piece for the day, off to work to help save lives humanely.

12. KellBell

:roll:

13. space_cowboy

space_cowboy Well-Known Member

You still don't get it do you? THE END RESULT IS STILL THE SAME. It doesn't matter if you shoot em, run over em, gas em, inject em, THEY ARE STILL GOING TO DIE. Why do you people continuously ignore this fact? Stop complaining on a damn forum and do something to keep the animals from ever having to go to a shelter.

From your 1pit's link:

Is that so hard to understand? You ignore the experts and choose to listen to some radical that tells you what you want to hear.

14. Clif

Clif Guest

As opposed to what? Over-crowding in the under-staffed and under-funded pound? That's not suffering? Let out on the streets to fend for themselves?

Unfortunately the reality of the situation needs to take precedence over emotions.

15. ljk

ljk Well-Known Member

Everybody wants to just put a bandaid on the open chest wound. I dont think treating the symptom is going to cure the illness.

I agree that the animals there should be treated humanely, but if we waste all our time working on that, we will never fix the real problem. Trying to fix both problems is a good solution, but I still think fixing the bigger problem will in return fix the symptom. (so my route is killing two birds with one stone)

I give credit to anyone who is actually doing something (anything) but to those who can just sit here and complain, I dont think they have any idea the depth of the problem. It is like a faucet that we cant turn off, the animals just keep coming and coming. We can never adopt our way out of the problem we are in.

16. Clif

Clif Guest

Should I?

Nah, it's funny enough as it stands. :lol:

17. KellBell

that Cliffy ..he don't miss a thang!!:lol:

18. ljk

ljk Well-Known Member

Ok- bad choice of words. How about-

Accomplishing two things at one time??:lol:

19. JSatterfield

JSatterfield Active Member

And what are you doing to make this problem go away?

20. KellBell

:?: :?: :?: :roll: