Thank you 1 MORE Pitbull

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by JSatterfield, Jul 18, 2007.

1. God'schild

God'schild Well-Known Member

Ormly? Is that you??:confused: ..........:mrgreen:

2. ljk

ljk Well-Known Member

If you could walk in my shoes...

How many strays have you paid for spay/neutering yourself this week? How many kittens have you had die in your arms this week from Panleuk? How many pups have you bottle fed because some idiot let the mom got hit by a car? Just this week alone I have done all of the above.

I will not sit here and say all that I have done, it is unnecessary. I save what I can save and hope others do their parts.

I don't brag, or shout it from the roof tops. No one outside my immediate family ever knows how many critters I have at one time. I do sometimes share my information to try to find homes for some of my rescues. Most of my work is done for non profits that I just do the work and send them back when they are healed or ready for adoption, so I dont need to share what is going on.

The foster program I run had over 700 animals go through last calendar year. Our low cost spay/neuter clinic should be open by next year... operating 6 days a week. I feel I am doing my part, with or without your consent.

I don't do this for the praise, I could care less what you think of me. I will continue to save lives everyday, to constantly clean up the mess you continue to make of our world.

3. God'schild

God'schild Well-Known Member

You GO, ljk!!!! AMEN!!!!!!!! Well said!:) :mrgreen:

4. KDsGrandma

KDsGrandma Well-Known Member

Really? What county? Because if that's your name, it doesn't appear you're registered to vote in Johnston County.

No worries, indeed. I have no secrets.

5. dangerboy

dangerboy Well-Known Member

withdrawn

Last edited: Jul 21, 2007
  6. 1_more_PitBull

1_more_PitBull Well-Known Member

To me there is no answer to spay/neutering "ALL" the animals. How can we make everyone get their pet fixed? There is no way. This is a problem that is never going away. I wish there was a law but just like others laws it would be broken. I'm myself have just started a foster home for dogs. I call it The B&B Dog House.
    This post has just gotten out of hand. I'm sorry I even posted the first post about the hearing. But whats done is done. And yes no matter how an animal is put down DEAD is DEAD.

7. kaci

kaci Well-Known Member

Wow, just reading this thread today:shock: i am sorry for you that you make such quick judgments of people - maybe you ought to take that into account before you start trolling this board.

BTW, thanks friends for having my back - love you all:-D

8. space_cowboy

space_cowboy Well-Known Member

Wow, here's yet another poster child for the furball movement.

So the best you can do is come on a message board and insult people that are doing something?

Yet you can't answer a simple question.

There's no difference in animals. You can label them anything you want to, but that isn't going to change the fact that you're a hypocrite.

Don't kill the innocent animals- no wait, let's just call the ones we don't want killed "companion" animals that way it won't interfere with steak night. :roll:

Me too, and the second one, and the third one...

9. tassy

tassy Well-Known Member

LJK,

Thank you on behalf of all the animals you help, and even the ones you've tried to help but not been able to save. I think you do way more than your fair share.

If everyone would do something, anything, to help correct the problem, it's got to start getting better sometime. But to sit back and criticize somone like LJK is just wrong!

10. ServerSnapper

ServerSnapper Well-Known Member

This is why some people should not own pets. They take it to a level it does not have to go. I absolutely DESPISE pet owners who treat animals like humans.

11. ljk

ljk Well-Known Member

Awww thanks.:oops:

12. ServerSnapper

ServerSnapper Well-Known Member

It is not the helping they do that I criticize...it is the self worth they get from flamboyantly pushing for recognition. They remind me of the old hags down in Miami that wear shirts that have them and their dog on the front that says "Best Friends". I couldn't have kids so I got the next best thing. A dog or a cat. Next best thing????:twisted:

Last edited: Jul 24, 2007
  13. Clif

Clif Guest

People who are "best friends" with animals are they way because humans wouldn't have anything to do with them.

14. TheAntHillMob

TheAntHillMob Active Member

But, it's better to be best friends with a "keyboard" during work hours and weekends, your whole life?:rolleyes:

15. harleygirl

harleygirl Well-Known Member

The keyboard can't talk back and doesn't want anything :mrgreen:

16. KDsGrandma

Or snuggle up to them when they're feeling lonely.

17. tassy

tassy Well-Known Member

maybe they prefer to be friends with a living creature that has nothing but love and true devotion for them... no alterior motives, no backstabbing... I know plenty of people who would claim to rather have a dog or cat for their best friend instead of a human because they got tired of always living in the drama that comes with having "human" relationships. Can't say I blame them some days! :)

18. Clif

Clif Guest

If that's the types of friends you have, you need new friends (or a different definition of "friend").

19. magnolia

magnolia Well-Known Member

Actually, I believe that people who are "best friends" with animals know how to appreciate unconditional love, how to give in to unabashed playfulness...and how to share a hamburger without greed. ;)

20. KDsGrandma

Or in my case, tuna fish. ;)