Need some info please

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by MommySAIDno, Jul 27, 2007.

1. MommySAIDno

MommySAIDno Well-Known Member

Does anyone know of a place (I'm willing to drive to Raleigh) where a young girl can get serious dance instruction? My daughter has been dancing for 10 years at local dance studios. She is very passionate about her dance and thinks she may like to make a career out of it. She is at a stage where she needs more than what the recital based studios offer.

Any ideas?

2. robbie

robbie Well-Known Member

Doesn't the Dance Studio where she goes now, know of where she can go to advance to the next level? They should know these things.... call a few dance studios and tell them what you have asked us. and see what they recommend.

3. chik

chik Well-Known Member

What level does she want to go? Premier in Clayton has the best dance teams. They travel and work year round. It is expensive but worth it. I loved Stacy and Ryan when I was there.

I also was pleased with Alicia's and I know her daughter attended somewhere in Raleigh that was more serious.

4. MommySAIDno

MommySAIDno Well-Known Member

Thanks for that info chik. I'll check with them.

As for the studio she has been at, I have asked but they don't seem to have any suggestions. Part of the reason we left is because they are so unprofessional and just don't seem to care what kind of teachers they allow around students.

Thanks - keep the info coming if you have more. I really appreciate it.

5. KDsGrandma

KDsGrandma Well-Known Member

ummm, would that be 42 East?

6. kaci

kaci Well-Known Member

PM Froggie, she is the local expert on the dance world.

7. harleygirl

harleygirl Well-Known Member

What about Dance Art.

8. kaci

kaci Well-Known Member

Not sure if it is still the case but as of a couple of years ago they were not into competition, etc - just a yearly recital.

9. #1grandma

#1grandma Well-Known Member

North Carolina Theatre Conservatory for the Performing Arts is located in Raleigh at 3043 Barrow Dr. The phone number is 855-0015 or you can visit the web site at www.nctheatre.com

10. exit319

exit319 Member

I go to dance art. I am on the Senior Company team and we just got a new instructor this past year. She will watch your daughter and tell you her level and will work with her. Visit their website or call www.danceartinc.com 550-6556. You can view the instructors online and read about them too! Let me know if you have questions [: