Realtor recommended

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by frugalhsmom, Aug 4, 2007.

1. frugalhsmom

frugalhsmom Member

Okay guys,
    My husband has been offered a job in Asheville. We need a realtor that knows this area. A top seller. Please give me some honest recommendations both good and those to avoid. Thanks!!

frugalhsmom

2. All Children First

All Children First Well-Known Member

We moved here from Hendersonville (just south of Asheville) 5 years ago. I'm envious! Rory at Remax Realty in Hendersonville treated us right when selling our home.

3. ready2cmyKing

ready2cmyKing Well-Known Member

WHAT!?! Say it ain't so, say it ain't so!! :shock:

Are you looking forward to this move? How about your 'nearest relative'? I'm simply shocked. :eek:

4. frugalhsmom

frugalhsmom Member

yes its true

yes ready2, I am definately looking forward to the move. It was a divine appointment that you KNOW we have wanted for a long time. My nearest and dearest is going to come with us...she's retiring! I need a realtor to sell BOTH our houses actually. HELP!! We will have a preliminary get-rid-of-everything yard sale on the 18th

5. harleygirl

harleygirl Well-Known Member

we just used www.century21clickit.com

On the market Monday - offer on Wednesday - Close on Aug 17th :shock:

A real person though is Michelle Meyer with Coldwell Banker / HPW I'll PM you her contact #'s.

6. WOW!

That was fast!

My house has been on the market for a YEAR!

That is why we are fixing up some things that we were going to credit the buyer at closing.. Not working though:-(

Can you tell me (if it's not to personal what subdivision you sold in)

We live in Southern Trace in Garner, and there is NO activity on my house!

7. harleygirl

We are in Broadmoor off Cleveland Rd. We had it listed over the winter months with lots of action but no bites. We were able to drop the price by listing it online and paying a "flat fee" for the listing. We are just thrilled to pieces about it!! Now trying (frantically) to find a place to live before the 16th! :shock:

8. robbie

robbie Well-Known Member

Harleygirl, what was the reason to sell if you had no place or idea to go? Hope you find something soon.

9. harleygirl

Hey thanks! We were thinking - that normally you have 30 days to close. NOPE! They are all prepared, have EVERYTHING in order and want to be in before school starts. They have a couple of kids.

We have a long term plan, but this just happened so quick. I had been packing up some things but not the whole house in a week! :lol: Don't worry I'm callin in some 4042 reinforcement~! :lol: :lol: :lol:

We'll be fine, we have a plan. :mrgreen:

10. Did you have alot of people look?

Broadmoor is a beautiful place!

Hey if your looking to stay in the area, how bout looking at my house in Southern Trace?!:p ;)

Just kidding and congratulations on the sale!

11. robbie

robbie Well-Known Member

My neighbor just sold his house in less than a week also... guess it is a good market at this time of year when everyone with kids wants to be in before school starts..... good luck y'all......

12. harleygirl

Over the winter we had lots of people look, this time only one person and they got it! :lol:

Preciate the offer but we are going the other direction. ;)

Thanks ya'll we are soooo excited!

Back to packing :?

Oh yeah - It's Miller Time! :mrgreen:

13. ShrtnSwt

ShrtnSwt Well-Known Member

House in our sub went in 8 days. And now there are 2 more here for sale!

14. Melynda

Melynda Well-Known Member

15. peaches

peaches Well-Known Member

I would call Dawn Kopf with Remax. dawnkopf@remax.net, or 919-209-9781 at her office. Hardworking, aggressive, and honest. The office is behind McDonald's at 40/210. Born and raised in Smithfield and she knows the area like the back of her hand.

16. GarnerGirl2000

GarnerGirl2000 Well-Known Member

When we were moving in and out of this area we used Sonia Bourne and Ron Lee at Remax Southland. Both were VERY nice and got the job done!!! I have had friends who have used Amelia Pleasant and have loved her as well!

17. kookookacho

kookookacho Well-Known Member

Aaaahh Harley! I see you have hit the LIMBO stage. We have been in limbo for just over a year now. June 5th to be exact. And are less than (I HOPE!!) a month to FINALLY moving in.:mrgreen: YEAAAAH!

FYI - now your fun is juuuust beginning... 8)

18. ServerSnapper

ServerSnapper Well-Known Member

Hey!! I use to live in Weaverville and Hendersonville!!! Age?

19. kim

kim Guest

Frugalhsmom,
    I'm recommending me ;)
    I work all over the Triangle but my passion is this area. I live here and have an office here.
    You know the old saying Location, Location, Location. Well, I'd love to be able to work with you to get your house sold as quickly as possible and for the most money.
    You can customize your marketing plan to fit your needs with Progressive Real Estate. Just check us out at www.ProgressiveRealtyNC.com
    Here are some other sites, www.214Durwood.com
    www.Raleigh55PlusCommunities.com
    www.134Rustic.com
    Kim Adamof

20. All Children First

All Children First Well-Known Member

We only lived in Hendersonville for two years. Unfortunately, the industries started closing so my husband went into real estate...he took his broker's test on Sept. 11, 2001. Needless to say, real estate sales were at a standstill so we moved here when he got a job offer in RTP. I taught at Rugby Middle, and I loved the school and the entire area.