Brass Grill - OOB

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by kaci, Aug 14, 2007.

1. kaci

kaci Well-Known Member

Just was up on 42 and saw that the Brass Grill has an equipment auction scheduled for Aug 29th:shock: i knew something was going on the past few weeks when it was give or take when they would be open but i had not heard they were closing down.

2. kaci

kaci Well-Known Member

Me too, it is sad when a local business cannot keep it's doors open, but who knows, maybe it was a personal decision of the owners. i always thought they did a pretty good business.

3. Abdulina

Abdulina Well-Known Member

Anyone know how to find out what appliances will be auctioned off? We need commercial appliances to handle our bunch. How do you participate in an auction? Sorry if these are stupid questions.

Thanks.

Stephanie--mom to 7

4. kaci

kaci Well-Known Member

Stephanie, ride up there, there is a big sign on the front window with a number to call about the auction - sorry i didn't get when i was there.

5. tawiii

tawiii Guest

Wasn't there a thread a while back where everyone was complaining how bad service was here and they would never go back?

6. kidsfly

kidsfly Well-Known Member

I avoided that place because often finding a parking spot was too difficult. I don't think I was the only one who felt that way. Even the best restaurant will have trouble at that location if people don't want to walk from the Food Lion parking lot.

7. kaci

kaci Well-Known Member

Must have missed that thread, i never had a problem with the service or the food at lunch time.

8. le

le Well-Known Member

The original owners sold it and it went downhill fast - this is what the old thread was about. The first Brass Grill was the bomb. The second one, which shoulda been required to change the name, was horrendous. It was all a matter of time for the second owners to go under. Hard to offer lesser menu items and much less food for a higher price and stay in business.

That said, kaci I think you pulled outta ABC yesterday as I was pulling in...wasn't it your turn to buy?!?!?

9. cmdknw06

cmdknw06 Well-Known Member

I LOVED the brass grill. The service I got was always fine and the food was great. The only problem I had was the prices. They seemed kind of steep for the lunch prices. That was my only issue, otherwise it was GREAT. They had the best crab stuffed mushrooms I've ever eaten. Maybe they'll open at a new location.
    K

10. le

le Well-Known Member

The original owners still have a grill in Raleigh on S Wilmington, just so ya know!

11. dgsatman

dgsatman Well-Known Member

Go to westerauction.com for info on this and other auctions in the area. Lists times, items to be auctioned and some pictures.

12. JenniferK

JenniferK Well-Known Member

13. geekgirlie

geekgirlie Member

I'm not surprised either.

My hubby and I loved the Brass Grill but we had started to notice the service and the food was going downhill and that the restaurant itself was starting to look run down. The last time we went was about a year ago and we went for breakfast. I ordered an egg and cheese croissant and he ordered some type of omelet. It was so burnt that there was barely anything edible about it and the service that morning was nonexistent at best. So, we had not been back since.

14. PirateGirl

PirateGirl Well-Known Member

Food was yummy but service had gotten bad!

15. kaci

kaci Well-Known Member

Girl, sorry i missed ya - yep i was in there yesterday restocking:lol:

On the Brass Grill note, i do have to admit that i had not been in there in the last year or so, so maybe things had gone downhill since i was last there.

16. harleygirl

harleygirl Well-Known Member

<vomit>

DH and I went there ONCE and ONCE only.

<vomit>

<vomit again>

17. dgsatman

dgsatman Well-Known Member

Dang, HG, just say what you mean, baby, don't sugar-coat it, hear?!!! ;)

18. Hught

Hught Well-Known Member

The one in Raleigh is now dead also.

19. kaci

kaci Well-Known Member

Dang Hught, you and your pulling up old threads:lol::lol::lol: