A place for random thoughts....

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by JenniferK, Mar 15, 2006.

1. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

Ya'll are making me hungry, stop it, LOL!

2. ShrtnSwt

ShrtnSwt Well-Known Member

yuck hate spicy food.

And I don't pick nuttin'

3. KellBell

KellBell Well-Known Member

I absolutely love a Brueggars everything bagel with Jalapeno Cream cheese. They have a sandwich at lunch too, that has that on it, with turkey and sprouts and lettuce....its the BOMB. :mrgreen:

4. Clif

Clif Guest

I agree. But what he pled guilty for, and what y'all are ready to string him up for are two different things.

You never know until you're looking at twenty years behind bars and having a "Get out of jail free" card being waved in your face.

Remember you said that in the next point.

Look at the character of those who are accusing him. He says he didn't. They say he did. As noted above, you put them on the same level of character, why do you choose to believe them and not Vick?

I can't prove he didn't, but then I don't have to. You can't prove he did without relying on statements made by people you yourself describe as less than savory of character.

Whether that's true or not is beside the fact. He admitted to dog fighting, you want to convict him of electrocuting and drowning the dogs. Is that your stand? He's a powerhouse athlete who thinks he's above the law so let's convict him of whatever we can come up with.

As long as there are idiots in this world who are willing to join a lynch mob, no.

That's what I'm saying, yes. On the other hand you're saying that he was involved with dog fighting, therefore he must have participated in the electrocuting and drowning. I'm surprised that you haven't read Southernborn's post and want him investigated for serial murder, after all it's "proven" that serial murderers torture and kill animals so it stands to reason that people who torture and kill animals must be serial murderers.

5. DAH22

DAH22 Well-Known Member

try the chicken fajita bagel on an everything...
    Bagel with jalapeno cream cheese
    diced chicken
    salsa
    tomato
    lettuce
    (bell pepper and onion if you like it) LOL

I know that is a long thought but it is what is on my mind now! LOL

6. KellBell

KellBell Well-Known Member

YOU are making me hungry as I am about to depart to the gym. I just may have to go across the street and get me a bagel sammy this day. :-D

7. Southernborn

Southernborn Well-Known Member

Clif,

Yes his character (or lack of) is the same as his "friends" who have written sworn statements against him. So since they are the same, let the judge decide.

I want him punished for the dog fighting, which he has confessed to. I want him to get the maximum penalty for what he is convicted to in the end.

I never said lynch him, that would be racist of me now wouldn't it? I do believe that if found guilty for what he is being charged with, that he should be banned from the NFL (kinda like Pete was from MLB) and he should be fined and the maximum sentence should be imposed. I think if he is found guilty, then let's make an example out of him, so it will deter other people from making the same choices he has.

8. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

As long as there are idiots in this world who are willing to join a lynch mob, no.

There's no lynch mob, Cliff, he's pled guilty, and I guess that's not enough of an admission? :roll: At what point would you beleive he was guilty?

That's what I'm saying, yes. On the other hand you're saying that he was involved with dog fighting, therefore he must have participated in the electrocuting and drowning. I'm surprised that you haven't read Southernborn's post and want him investigated for serial murder, after all it's "proven" that serial murderers torture and kill animals so it stands to reason that people who torture and kill animals must be serial murderers.[/quote]

Not "must be" serial murderers, but there is a good chance that folks like that go on to commit murders. Just shows his true character.

9. CrazyFabulous

CrazyFabulous Well-Known Member

Opened up a BIG OL can of worms didnt I? I am just sick of seeing it all over ESPN when I just want to hear about football....tis the season!

10. le

le Well-Known Member

how 'bout rex grossman? oh my!

11. CrazyFabulous

CrazyFabulous Well-Known Member

Not a lover of Rex, but I love me some Peyton Manning and Carson Palmer. :p

12. kookookacho

kookookacho Well-Known Member

[​IMG]
    Super lynching mob crusader

Defender of the lynched and wrongly accused

13. Clif

Clif Guest

No, you never used the exact phrase "Lynch Him", but your intend in your posts was the same.

So, not only are you hoping he is raped in prison, you hope even worse happens!

His NFL career is over. Fined and maximum sentence will be given, but you wanted "more than a sore booty!"

Yet another myth about punishment. Criminal punishment is not, and never has been, a deterent to crime. No matter what sentence Vick gets, no one will ever say "Well, I was going to start a dog fighting club, but after what happened to Vick, I've changed my mind."

As I said earlier (you should be able to read as well as I), what he admitted to and what y'all want him punished for are two different things. He admitted to dog fighting, y'all want him punished for electrocuting and drowning dogs.

Perhaps you should look up "Lynch Mob".

And that character is... What?

How many kids tortured animals and did not grow up to be a serial murderers? Just because A = B does not mean that B = A.

14. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

Whatever Clif, the man is truly not worth arguing over. :roll:

15. GarnerGirl2000

GarnerGirl2000 Well-Known Member

I agree with that! And yes I hope like hell they do get a hold of him where ever he goes, thats a SICK human who has no buisness on this Earth as far as I am concerned! Whether they hang him, shoot him, cut him WHO CARES!

16. Clif

Clif Guest

And we get back to my original comment that y'all are talking about him as if he raped children or caused genocide. Is he guilty of dog fighting? Yes, he admited it. Should he get the maximum sentence allowed by law? Absolutely.

Should he be raped in prison or executed for dog fighting? That's far too much of a punishment for what he admitted doing. Calling for punishment for a crime he has only been accused of is what a lynch mob does.

17. falcon

falcon Well-Known Member

Dont you think he should be removed from the NFL??

18. Southernborn

Southernborn Well-Known Member

He is a criminal's advocate...don't you remember he's a reformed criminal himself.

My booty comment, yep if you do something bad enough to go to prison, you should expect to get it. That's why I've always obeyed the law...I don't want to go to prison. I know what happens in places like that and that's one place I never want to live. Moma didn't raise a fool.

19. Clif

Clif Guest

I agree 100%. What I don't agree with is sentencing him to execution, as GarnerGirl2000 would have it.

Where did we differ on this opinion?

I said that criminal punishment is not, nor ever will be, a deterent to crime HERE.

I said that he should be punished for the crime he committed HERE, HERE, and HERE (as well as in this very post).

Persionally I think you've become caught up in the lynch mob mentality and are no longer reading my posts.

20. Clif

Clif Guest

I'm not a criminal's advocate. I'm just a guy who sees ding-dogns like yourself who believe there is no spectrum. Whether your guilty of shoplifting or murder, a criminal is a criminal and should be given life in prison and be raped while there.

Yeah, right. No one is without sin. You have broken the law, you just think your too high and mighty to admit to it. What is it? Speeding? Conveniently forgetting to mention the pack of gum in the bottom of your shopping cart when checking out? Maybe a little cheating on your taxes, you know, saying that ratty blanket you donated to Goodwill was worth $200?

Liar!

No one does.

You have no idea other than what you might have seen on "Ernest Goes To Prison"

No, but she apparently raised a liar as well as one who believes themselves "Holier than thou" (not to mention someone who can't spell "Momma", unless you were raised by the "Museum Of Modern Art")