A place for random thoughts....

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by JenniferK, Mar 15, 2006.

1. CrazyFabulous

CrazyFabulous Well-Known Member

2nd time seeing them....awesome 1st time! Taking son to first concert....breaking him in right! Big hair rock and roll forever! LOL!

2. CrazyFabulous

your just jealous! ;)

3. ShrtnSwt

ShrtnSwt Well-Known Member

Dang you saw right through me!

4. CrazyFabulous

LMAO!!!

5. ServerSnapper

ServerSnapper Well-Known Member

I took my oldest two years ago with me to see them. He said it was the loudest thing he has been to. I also took him to see AlterBridge, Staind, and 3Doors and he had so much fun. This year we have some big ticket items coming up we are going to. VanHalen reunited is coming to Charlotte. We are going. Nikelback to. I have a friend at G105 who is slipping me tickets to some shows at Alltel.

6. le

le Well-Known Member

Seen Styx and Foreigner before but tonight will be seeing Def Leppard for the first time. I am skeptical that they will be better than the other two???

7. JenniferK

JenniferK Well-Known Member

I don't know why I keep stopping at that gas station, they tick me off everytime I go in there!

8. CrazyFabulous

Def was great....never seen the other 2 but I am sure it will be good. I just love concerts. We are on the yard. you?

9. Clif

Clif Guest

Oh, come on. You're tagging me for not reading a post you made after my post?

10. le

le Well-Known Member

Only way to hear a rock show!

11. CrazyFabulous

It did start as a random thought. Everyone just wants to argue today and its only Tuesday.

12. CrazyFabulous

I will be able to tell if it is close based on how the 3 year old acts tonight! I swear he is meaner when the moon is full!

13. froggerplus

froggerplus Well-Known Member

Jen, which gas station?

{{{hungry}}}

14. JenniferK

The BP on 50. Every single time I go in they make me ill.

15. froggerplus

Girl...just walk away...go to another station...don't hang out for the "train wreck".

Breathe s-l-o-w-l-y...there ya go!

:-D :lol: :lol:
    Frogger

16. ShrtnSwt

ShrtnSwt Well-Known Member

I can't get any work done. I should just give up!

17. falcon

falcon Well-Known Member

I commend you for trying your best to degrade me in front of your friends. How very mature. My question has nothing to do with the NFL being a private company. However you are trying to make it seem that I dont understand that. It doesnt matter if it is public or private. The question was do you think he should be removed from the NFL. Simple yes or no will suffice without going into the legality of it all. That would be for a different thread. Do you get it yet? Simple question is just too hard for people sometimes. I am not trying to argue here but when you know nothing about who I am and tell me I have a reading problem then maybe all you are here for is to argue with people about how they are wrong because they dont agree with you.Maybe you should research your opponents before you speak.

18. JenniferK

Awww Prm, I think I'm gonna cry..........

:lol:

19. MommySAIDno

MommySAIDno Well-Known Member

And that's the sad part of it. I am so glad the new NFL commissioner is being tough so far. It's the kids watching these thugs get a slap on the hand for a serious crime who learn a lesson, a BAD lesson.

My two boys play football and baseball because they absolutely LOVE it. My 8yo son was watching the news with me this morning when the Vick story was on. He tuned in immediately when they showed a pic of Vick in uniform. "Mom, is he a football player?" The kids pay attention. At least I was able to be there to explain the story to him and hopefully leave him with an understanding that it's not all about the sport or really any career he chooses, but it IS about what kind of person he CHOOSES to be. I then went on to point out the "Peyton Manning" types and suggest that if he wants to think a NFL player is "cool", let it be one who is a real man, not a thug like Vick. And....his Dad is always there to drive that point home with him too.

But, what about the kids that don't have a good role model and latch on to the grossly overpaid thug players they see. Many of these kids aspiring to be rich NFL players are missing Dad in their homes. I've run into more than one single Mom at my kids sporting events telling me they don't care how the kid does it or if they "ride the bench", just so long as they get in the big leagues so Mom will get a house and car and won't have to work any more. And no, they were not kidding.

It's kids like that who really would benefit from seeing people like Vick get hammered hard. It's true, as long as the money machine keeps operating, the problem will be there. I'm just glad there are SOME good guys in the public eye too. Makes me feel better about watching the Panthers and buying my kid the tee shirt :)

20. froggerplus

prm, you sweetie!

Take your time, hon, and enjoy the sky...and the coffee...lol. You deserve it!

Frogger