Popcorn Ceiling Repair

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by AppleFritters, Aug 24, 2007.

1. AppleFritters

AppleFritters Well-Known Member

I have a ceiiling in need of repair. Need someone with reasonable rates, not a lot of spare money with school starting back and a kid in the band. Any band parents around, then the last statment says it all.

2. robbie

robbie Well-Known Member

Go to Lowe's, they have popcorn ceiling repair in the paint dept. You just spray it on. I got some myself last month and it worked like a charm. I think I got it in isle 4 near where the masking tape is. Will definitely save you money if you do it yourself.

3. ssmm

ssmm Well-Known Member

you can also get a popcorn spackle. We used that on some spots in my house and it worked, too. (You just can't overspread or it will get too wet and start falling off. Apply, smooth a little, and walk away to let it dry.)

4. falcon

falcon Well-Known Member

The cheaper way is to get a putty knife and scrape it all off unless you like it of course.

5. DAH22

DAH22 Well-Known Member

what is you avatar??

never mind... I see the name...

Last edited: Aug 24, 2007
  6. GarnerGirl2000

GarnerGirl2000 Well-Known Member

and make sure you use an old lamp shade to spray it into when you are applying or youll have a mess!

7. mom2~1boy

mom2~1boy Guest

agree just go to lowes buy the stuff and do it yourself... really easy!

8. AppleFritters

AppleFritters Well-Known Member

Thanks everone and garnergirl that lampshade idea was a wonder. I tried days ago and made a huge mess. Never would have thought of that.

9. ShrtnSwt

ShrtnSwt Well-Known Member

I hate popcorn ceilings. I would love to have just a smooth one.

10. GarnerGirl2000

GarnerGirl2000 Well-Known Member

your welcome! we had the same issue at our house and made the biggest mess ever!

11. BuzzMyMonkey

BuzzMyMonkey Well-Known Member

LOL.. okey dokey