Hess 42 near Lowes

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by Hatteras6, Sep 4, 2007.

1. Hatteras6

Hatteras6 Well-Known Member

Gas up 6 cents a gallon today....
    The Hess on the Lowes/CB side had gas at 2.69 per gal, and across the street, that Hess had it for 2.63. I asked the person inside the Lowes Hess why the diff, he said that the price had gone up today, and that the place across the street hadn't yet changed their prices.

So, othe than the world turmoil we have now, did anything out of the usual occur to drive the prices up?

Felix as a Cat 5 wold be..if it had been in or near the Gulf and threatening production. But, as it hit Honduras, and the winds along the upper gulf were normal..no support for the increase there.

2. robbie

robbie Well-Known Member

Why two Hesses across the street from each other?

3. markfnc

markfnc Well-Known Member

Exit 303 has 2 Hess's also (one each side of the I 40)

4. KDsGrandma

KDsGrandma Well-Known Member

I just noticed recently that one on the Lowe's side is now a Hess. Makes it convenient to get gas, whichever way you're going, since Hess usually has some of the lowest prices.

As for increasing the price, do they really need a reason?

5. Jester

Jester Well-Known Member

Ever since Wilco bought out the Trade Marts, they've had quite a presence in North Carolina. However, it sounds like they are trying to gobble up as many street corners as they can.

It used to be brand gasoline was more diversive, but not anymore...not around here. You either get BP Amoco or Hess. You hardly see Citgo or Exxon/Mobil anymore...and whatever happened to Texaco? Shell is hard to find and the only Sunoco I know of nearby is what used to be called Starvin' Marvin's at I-95 and 70 Business.

6. KDsGrandma

KDsGrandma Well-Known Member

Texaco is now Shell/texaco. Isn't there still a Citgo near Bojangles on 42? And there's a nice Citgo at 42 & Cornwallis.

More consolidation --> less competition --> higher prices.

7. bissielizzie

bissielizzie Well-Known Member

Citgo is supplied by Venezula, a country that is not friendly to the USA.
    Many cities have boycotted Citgo sucessfully.

8. Southernborn

Southernborn Well-Known Member

I usually stick with BJ's it's usually 2-3 cents cheaper than other places.

9. froggerplus

froggerplus Well-Known Member

Or that station on the corner of Guy and 70....

In Garner, on 70 past the Kroger/Applebee's the gas is always much cheaper.

Frogger

10. Hught

Hught Well-Known Member

Sunoco popped in the news today, the refinery that blew up in Philadelphia today used to be owned by these folks. Came back to me today in that back in 2008 I was at that refinery helping a contractor meet their requirements.

Hope no one got hurt!

11. markfnc

markfnc Well-Known Member

Fuquay gas has been 20 cents cheaper than 40/42

Auxie likes this.