Where's Jen?

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by frugalmomoftwo, Sep 6, 2007.

1. frugalmomoftwo

frugalmomoftwo Well-Known Member

I understand that Jennifers column will no longer be in the Cleveland Post. I, for one, will miss it. It was down to earth and hit home. I laughed out loud many times when reading her humble opinion. Anyone know why they are not carrying it anymore? I guess I will be writing to the editor. Jenn - do you have the scoop?

I see JT is still in the paper this week. Who is the new columnist with the interesting picture - Ted Atchley?

2. kaci

kaci Well-Known Member

News to me:shock: Maybe with a new baby, softball, full time job, husband and home, she just doesn't have time to do it anymore - totally understandable.

3. JenniferK

JenniferK Well-Known Member

FMO2, you're so sweet.

This was not my decision, I'm really going to miss it. I've poured 6 years of my life into that column, and I've made a lot of friends because of it. It hurts my heart to think that it's gone. :cry:

4. ssmm

ssmm Well-Known Member

Jen, I'm not real thrilled with the quality of that paper anymore anyway (your column not included, of course.) You did a great job for those 6 years... and now you can be open for bigger and better opportunities!!!

5. Pickle

Pickle Well-Known Member

I hate to hear that. Your column was the first thing I would turn to in there.

6. harleygirl

harleygirl Well-Known Member

I never read the CP, but what they did to JS is bull ****!

Ban the CP! :p

7. froggerplus

froggerplus Well-Known Member

^^^yup :evil: .

I always turned to the oped page to read your column...even before I knew you! I think it stinks what they did. They very well may lose a large following because of it. At least I hope so. It wasn't right.

Frogger

8. KDsGrandma

KDsGrandma Well-Known Member

I think we should all write the publisher and complain. Jen's column was one of the bright spots in that paper.

9. mommy3

mommy3 Well-Known Member

I always loved reading your column (even though you never got back with my son on that yard work...LOL...just kidding). You always said what you felt and most of us could relate on so many different levels. The CP has gotten pretty stinky lately. I don't read much past the front page anymore. It's a waste of trees....my humble opinion. I don't know what happened but I think they have made a mistake removing your column. I hope you will continue to write in some way.

10. Raven

Raven Well-Known Member

:lol: :lol: :p Now maybe they'll get Stinger-6 to write a column,hard hitting
    editorials on different subjects

11. forthekids

forthekids Member

Jen's column was the only thing I read. It'll go straight into the trash now.

12. uncfan

uncfan Member

Opinion Column

Okay I don't know what transpired but I can say that I loved reading Jennifer's column. I would read it first THEN check the rest of the paper. Sorry to see it go.

13. JenniferK

You guys are all very sweet. This was as much of a shock to me as it is to you. I was informed by the editor via email last week that the paper was going through some changes, and that they were revamping their editorial content, and that due to that, my column was being cancelled.

When I spoke with the managing editor via phone this week, she said the same thing, just in a nicer way.

I really enjoyed my little corner of the paper, and because of it, I've met some great people. I hate that it's over, I probably would've written it until I was too old to see the keyboard, lol....

14. Southernborn

Southernborn Well-Known Member

To be honest, your section and the classifieds are all I ever read. Very rarely did another story catch my eye. I don't like the way they are doing it now inserting that other paper with it.

Last edited: Sep 7, 2007
  15. Clif

Clif Guest

Did you do it for the money, or for the love? If the latter, maybe you and the webmaster here at 4042 can work out something where he'll give you a weekly corner of the site.

16. JenniferK

Ha! If you saw my invoices, you'd know it wasn't for the money.

17. Clif

Clif Guest

Well, then, make your fans happy and drop a note to the webmaster. :)

I must admit that I didn't read your column all that often, but what I did read of yours I did like.

18. harleygirl

harleygirl Well-Known Member

That's a GREAT idea Clif!!! Someone's thinking today.

19. Grinder

Grinder Well-Known Member

Do a weekly blog thing. Dont think they take all that much to set up.

20. michelle

michelle Well-Known Member

Jenn - what about that new Garner paper? The Garner Citizen I think it is?