A place for random thoughts....

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by JenniferK, Mar 15, 2006.

1. CrazyFabulous

CrazyFabulous Well-Known Member

Love the Pink style!!! I wish I could get away with that!

2. mom2~1boy

mom2~1boy Guest

my cordless phone beeps when it is going dead, did you forget to charge it for a few days?

3. KellBell

KellBell Well-Known Member

drink you a couple of glasses of Chardonay before bed, and those 'beeps' will go away, and all that unnecessary worrying you insist upon doing, I promise. ;)

4. Southernborn

Southernborn Well-Known Member

I like it cause it's a wash/dry go style. Nothing but blow dry and wax, etc. and go....

5. Clif

Clif Guest

If it happens again tonight, I would suggest you replace your smoke detector battery. Even though you may not have one in the kitchen where you heard the beeping, the beep of most smoke detectors are at such a frequency that they sometimes sound like they're in places that they are not.

On the other hand, I have never heard of a ghost making a beeping sound, so you should be ok there. :)

6. Clif

Clif Guest

Another good idea.

7. nsanemom22

nsanemom22 Well-Known Member

I would love that! But mine would be ... blow dry, wax, seek new husband... lol

I know in reality that isn't true ... It's funny though, when we met he had the big shaggy hair thing going on ... he was HOT! Now IT'S hot and has to be cut. LOL I told him I never thought I'd end up married to an old man.
    He's five years my junior but he'll always be older than me. :mrgreen:

8. nsanemom22

I hate when that happens ....
    I search like a mad woman looking for the noise then feel idiot when I finally find out what it is.
    But, it's better than it dying completely and not finding it at all for 2½ months. :oops:

9. Southernborn

Ha Ha, my DH always loved my long hair, but it ended up in a pony tail every day, cause it got on my nerves, so tough, my hair my decision. Mine had hair when we met, now he shaves his head bald, which I like!

10. nsanemom22

LOL I complain about my hair turning gray. My BIL complains that his is turning loose!

11. JenniferK

JenniferK Well-Known Member

I color my own hair and do a lot of my friends hair. The only reason that I wouldn't, is if I'm doing highlights, cause I can't foil my own hair, lol...

12. Southernborn

I know I need to do my daughters hair. I don't color my own anymore, because my ends always ended up darker than my roots no matter what i tried (because the roots are so gray), but my hairdresser gets it perfect every time!

13. KellBell

KellBell Well-Known Member

that's EXACTLY why I pay someone to do mine. I leave it to the professionals.....plus that's ME time, at the hair saloon. ;)

14. Tit4Tat

Tit4Tat Well-Known Member

*clearing throat) Well, thank you....:twisted:

15. kaci

kaci Well-Known Member

i always used to color my own hair too but with the gray coming in and wanting highlights (not just one color) it became way too hard to do and with all my hair, had to use at least 3 boxes of color so for not much more cost and a whole lot better result, i turned it over to a professional. Cheap as i am about everything else, i figure that is my one splurge for me.:-D

As for going short hair, did it once or twice and doesn't work for me - when you have long hair, and a bad hair day you just throw it up on top your head. With short hair when you have a bad hair day, you have a bad hair day:lol: The thing i love about longer hair is that when it is hot you can throw the whole lot of it on top your head and when your hair is as thick as mine tends to be it is a real cooling factor. If it were short i would not have that option.

16. ForeverFaithful

ForeverFaithful Well-Known Member

I color my own hair, but I have found that not all brands work on all people. I have tried some that do really cruddy with my hair and others to great. I also tend to try to trim the ends of my hair myself because I really can't afford to go get a good hair cut. My hair hair has gotten a little thinner than it use to be over the years and I notice when I am super stressed, I tend to "shed" more. Before I moved here, I had talked to the girl that was doing my hair and she said it was all stress related. I will probably go bald at that rate because I am always STRESSED!!! I know I would like a new style but not sure what I want. I don't look good in short hair because it makes my face look too round and fat and I do like my long hair, (which it is the longest it has ever been in years), so hard to find something. Thought about layers, but my hair is not as thick as it use to be, so not sure that would work. Sometimes I wish the bigger hair would come back in style so I could go get a nice perm and just wash and go. I love the spiral curls, but again, price is the problem.

Now my so on the other hand has taken things into his own hands. Sat night he wanted to get off early so the people he works with made him a deal that they would let him off early if he would let them shave his head....Well guess what, the kid DID!!!! We went by where he works to see what time he was getting off work (on our way home from the carnival) and was told he had did something to his head. Well the first thing that came to mind is that he hurt himself. He comes walking out of the back room just grinning from ear to ear this his head shaved! I did have to get their clippers and straighten up what they had did because they had left a few patches of hair. Guess this will be me getting use to it before he has it done when he leaves for basic. But just could not believe it! Crazy kid!!!!

17. mom2~1boy

mom2~1boy Guest

Happy Hump Day everyone, so glad the week is almost over!

18. CrazyFabulous

CrazyFabulous Well-Known Member

the beeping beeping beeping.....I know what it is!!!!! DH piece of crap Sprint cell phone beeps when the battery is completely gone and wont even charge!!! WHEW!!!! No bombs, no robbers trying to get in, the government is not spying on us, and no beeping ghosts!! :-D

19. mom2~1boy

mom2~1boy Guest

LMAO YAY I'm glad you figured it out :)

20. Clif

Clif Guest

Just one small question...

If the phone's battery is completely gone, and won't even charge, what's powering the beep?