Convicted Sex Offender in South Hills

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by roygolf, Sep 25, 2007.

1. RealityCheck

RealityCheck Well-Known Member

Thanks KDs for doing the leg work on finding the statue. Think this thread shows just easy it is for misinformation to get out. Some seem to think that there is just a lot of cases of 16 & 17 year old girls doing it with 18 yr old boys and that the poor boy gets put on the sexual registry or charged with sexual crimes. Big difference in a 16 yr old girl and an 18 yr old boy having sex and then turning out it was a 14 yr old girl with a 19 yr old boy.

2. Angeleyes

Angeleyes Guest

I did think she was sixteen she drives ( permit) and yes there is a big difference if it were my child it would have stopped before it got started if it meant putting a little fear in the young man. If that is the way the law is good but their are alot of people who say 17 and 18 year old boys get in trouble for dating their peers there was a news story not long ago posted on here about a boy who was charged for a girl near about his age performing oral on him.
    I kind of get the impression that you think I am sideing with baby rapist not the case at all. I was raped at the age of 4 and spent a long time in the hospital even had surgery because of it. If it were up to me every damn person who touches a child in that way would be hung by their genitals and stoned to death while being hosed with windex . I have know pitty for them at all and damn sure No mercy. Clif talked about his friend beat to death in prison for raping a child ( clif said he didn't do it ) anyhow I feel whoopdie damn do if he did it I hope they took turns sticking him in the back side before killing him I feel that way about all baby rapist. Just so you understand where My thoughts on this lie I was not saying that the sex registry is nothing but 18 year old boys . I think the registry serves a great service to the public.

3. RealityCheck

Nope, didn't have the impression at all that (you siding with the baby rapist) But the story you were telling did give the wrong impression about the registry until you found out the girl was 14 and the boy was 19 at the time. Plus several others on this thread have made mentioned of the young boys with their underage girlfriends being on the registry, or the possibility. In North Carolina, that is just not the case. If the crime was committed in a state with different consent laws, guess it would be possible for them to be on the registry if they moved to North Carolina, but would think that is a very small percentage.

4. openminded

openminded Well-Known Member

FYI
    approximately 95% of teenage prostitutes have been sexually abused, 62% of pregnant and parenting adolescents had experienced molestation attempted rape or rape prior to pregnancy, 75% legitimate cases of child molestation go unreported, sexual assault crimes over 61% are under the age of 18, 70% found guilty of these crimes do not serve time, sexual interest in children was the strongest predictor of recidivism across all the studies for repeat sex crimes; RAINN website (Rape, Abuse, Incest National Network).
    Very sad facts, IMO

5. Angeleyes

Angeleyes Guest

I really thought she just turned 16 cause she was driving. I just think her parents should have handled it way different. I have heard alot of people say that boys are on the registry also. I have watchdog email me when one moves in near me. There is one that lives near by not very close. It bothers me but I am just glad he aint next door.He is grown and not a child rapist he raped a woman got first degree . I would be very upset if that man who raped the 7 year old moved in near me. He would know real quick not to cross onto my property or he would be carried out in a bag. That may sound mean to some but thats just the way it is.

6. RealityCheck

Yeah, from what you're telling I would have to say they should have also. Bottom line, me or you might not know how old the girl was, but her parents did. IMO, a parent who lets a 14 yr old date a 18 or 19 yr old is irresponsible and must have a hard time saying no to their children. When a 19 year old guy is wanting to date a 14 year old girl, he doesn't need to a dictionary to find out what "loser" is....just a mirror.

7. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

I'll second that. My parents about had kittens when I was 15 and was wanting to date a 20 year old. :shock: He was a perfect gentleman, but in hindsight, I am glad my parents put a stop to that in no uncertain terms. Who knows what might have happened down the road.

8. roygolf

roygolf Well-Known Member

bump it back up in light of the sign in South Hills

9. momof3grls

momof3grls Well-Known Member

I saw the Child Rapist sign at the entrance of the South Hills subdivision when it was put up. I drove by it and the blood red huge letters caught my attention. I turned around to go back by it and when I did there was a police officer there looking at it. I kept driving and went on to do my errands. When I was on my way home a while later I stopped so that I could see the sign. It had been moved to the side (it was out front facing Cornwallis) but the officer had left it there for people to see. Thank you, whoever you were, Mr. Police Officer! I wonder, it is a month or so later, is the scum bag still there?

10. mommy3

mommy3 Well-Known Member