A place for random thoughts....

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by JenniferK, Mar 15, 2006.

1. Southernborn

Southernborn Well-Known Member

Take a vacation day. I started a new job last Oct. so I worked last year during the holidays (not the 24, 25 or 1, because we were closed). I'm taking my 3 vacation days off so I'll have 10 days off this year!

2. harleygirl

harleygirl Well-Known Member

Just got back from Durham <vomit> BUT I didn't get lost this time! YEAH ME! :mrgreen: AND I didn't get killed! :lol:

Paperwork time. :?

3. GarnerGirl2000

GarnerGirl2000 Well-Known Member

I am, just cant help it the more and more that I think about it the more and more I get pi$$ed!

4. GarnerGirl2000

easier said than done, they have to "approve" it whether you have enough time or not, and there has to be a certain amount of people here.

5. KellBell

KellBell Well-Known Member

I am fortunate that I work for the State and we get the 10 days....what I can't figure out is that your work will close for Thanksgiving and the day after, but won't close Xmas eve when they are closed Xmas day...that's weirdo. Who do I need to call dear?

6. GarnerGirl2000

thats what i dont get either i would rather work the day after thanksgiving i could shop until i had to come to work :) hmmm you can call the main number and ask for mr scrooge! :) and yes you are lucky that you have those days, i need a job like that :)

7. tassy

tassy Well-Known Member

I had heard that she was pregnant and just had her baby while they were filming this seasons episodes and that is why they aren't bringing her back in until much later in the season. I hope they bring her back as Sarah, I like her in that part. I haven't watched last nights yet though, so I need to stop reading now!

8. ServerSnapper

ServerSnapper Well-Known Member

My parent company based over seas gets a month and a half for vacation. Dad's can take six months off to be with wife after a child is born. Unlimited sick days.

9. GarnerGirl2000

are yall hiring :)

10. Southernborn

When I used to work in banking we had 20 sick days and 20 family sick days plus vacation. I could use 20 days on myself and then 20 for any immediate family members; children, spouse, siblings, parents, etc.

My last job; 1 month vacation, unlimited sick days, 10 holidays. My DH gets 6 weeks vac. a year...I now get 3 1/2 weeks PTO time, plus 11 holiday and I can work from home when I need to so I don't have to take off.

11. GarnerGirl2000

im in the medical field i guess thats our reason, and it sucks!

12. Southernborn

Heck, when my sister used to be a practioner, she worked every holiday, etc.

13. harleygirl

harleygirl Well-Known Member

I miss Stinger :-(

14. kaci

kaci Well-Known Member

Me too - he came back for awhile and then disappeared again - what happened?

15. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

He posted the other day under another name, but it quickly disappeared. He musta got in big trouble! :mrgreen:

You gotta play by the rules!

16. ServerSnapper

ServerSnapper Well-Known Member

Yes we are cutie. To bad you have a BF!!:mrgreen: Yes that was sexist. Sorry!!

17. GarnerGirl2000

VERY MUCH SO! :x see if i look for single girls anymore :) JK

18. Tit4Tat

Tit4Tat Well-Known Member

Good Morning!:lol:

19. mom2~1boy

mom2~1boy Guest

Morning Peeps, so glad class is over with!

20. markfnc

markfnc Well-Known Member

Things that bother me...
    1.) Athletes who say "it's not about the money, it's about respect"
    well, how do they show you respect -- by giving you more money?
    Ohhh. so it is about the money.

2.) Republicans who say - "it is not about sex, it is about lying under oath"
    well, what did he lie about under oath -- sex?
    Ohhh. so it is about sex.

3.) Southerers who say - 'it was not about slavery, it was about states rights"
    well, states rights to what--- have slaves?
    ohh. So it is about slavery.