Bad dining experience

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by MrDj, Oct 5, 2007.

1. MrDj

MrDj Well-Known Member

Tonight I took the family out to eat at Buffalo Wild Wings for the first time. We had a 30 minute wait, no problem. We sit down and order still no problem had a very nice waitress. The food comes out, big problem. First, the wings I ordered were cold. Not room temperature but cold. I called the waitress over and nicely told her the wings were cold. She took the wings and not even five minutes later brought them back. They put them in the microwave. And the piece that I took the first bite off was still in the lot of them. I was not happy because for less the price I could have gone to food lion bought some wings and nuked them myself. I asked to speak to the manager. While all this is going on my wife is looking at her little piece of chicken breast on this big bun. The manager comes over apologizes and takes the wings and the sandwich back. The waitress brings me freshly made hot wings. Then about 10 minutes later brings my wife her sandwich. Here is the second part, the chicken is burnt and it's the wrong kind of sandwich. The burnt chicken was awful. My wife was done with this place and so was I. She left there without even eating after 2 hrs of arriving. I will not go to this place again!
    Just thought I would share this experience with everyone. Oh and by the way, we did tip the waitress very well because it wasn't her fault but the kitchens.

2. Harvey

Harvey Well-Known Member

Got pretty nasty sick one night after taking some wings home. Had it from both ends. I think it had to do with how the 'spin' their wings and that that machine cannot get all that clean.

3. Ecugyrl

Ecugyrl Well-Known Member

I love that place, we ate there Friday night, it is always good. Maybe they were having a bad night.

4. ws

ws Well-Known Member

we have eaten there a few times, i dont think its anything spectacular. there are places that i would rather go that are closer to the house

5. ShrtnSwt

ShrtnSwt Well-Known Member

Bad night? One screw up ok fine but 2 and I didn't get to eat after 2 hrs?

6. gcoats3

gcoats3 Well-Known Member

Sorry about your bad experience with Buffalo Wild Wings. We have been there on many occasions and no problems. Wait staff has always been efficient and courteous and food has been hot and as ordered. I hope your dining experience is not a sign of things to come.

7. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

We've tried them several times, I can't think of a single time that it was a stellar experience. They are off our list of places to go. We've had bad food, really bad service and a combination of the two. Not going to try it again. It's too bad, cause DH loves wings. And we aren't hard to please either. Drinks filled, order right, timely service, really not too much to ask.

8. tawiii

tawiii Guest

The last time I stopped in the bartebder made it pretty clear that she was not interested in serving me. Didn't seem interested in anything other than chatting with the waitstaff. Anyways, I got up and left. Since I only would stop in there every blue moon I don't really plan on going back. I did, however, email a complaint to corporate. They want to buy me dinner now.

9. CakePrincess

CakePrincess Well-Known Member

We think we know why it happened to you and your family. It happened to us once before. The reason is because of timing. If you go in when the place is packed, the kitchen staff are usually in their quick mode and they don't have time to check the foods before the waitress take the foods to her customer.

We went there once when they're full of people (we had to wait an hour to get our table) and then wait another hour for our foods. Of course, like you, the wings were cold. We complained and the manager kindly came to our table and apologized us. We didn't get charged for it.

When the place is not busy at all and less people, we always get good foods (right temp, flavoring, no rushing, etc).

You would be better off when the place is not busy. It's the same thing with any other resturants. We went to Red Lobster in Raleigh and it was packed. Terrible foods for first time we had from any Red Lobster chains. Warm caesar salad, rubbery crab legs, melted cold butter, etc.

Go before 5pm. Never eat after 5pm and later time. If you wait until 8 or 9 pm, you're going to get "left-over" foods in the kitchen.

10. Steve

Steve Guest

one of the reasons I don't eat meat...

11. Grinder

Grinder Well-Known Member

We went there last night but it looked crowded so we went to Logans, which was not crowded. Got inside and saw why....sanitation grade 86-B so we left before putting our name on the wait list, went to Chili's instead.

12. casidycoop

casidycoop Guest

In a perfect world maybe! I worked in a resturant in Virgina for four yrs, after 5pm is when everything got popping. Everthing was fresh & the staff including the kitchen were all trained and experenced in providing a good dining experence for all ( at busy times ).Its their job to work around our schdules and serve the public. Of course there were complaints, but they were addressed & in most cases people left happy and willing to return. These were the days when people actually cared about serving, Our manager would stop by each and every table just to introduce himself & ask about your meal.
    This was a hard job to have, but I learned a great deal. I still say everyones first job should be waiting tables. People now -a- days just don't take pride in their jobs anymore. And like my Dad always said treat people the way you would like to be treated.
    By the way, I'm a young person. I was just raised to take pride in everything you do. Demand good treatment! Raise your childern with respect. Put a little bit of pride back into this crazy world!:rolleyes:

13. tassy

tassy Well-Known Member

That place is certainly not worth an hour wait to be seated, forget another hour for the food. I'd take my business somewhere else, heck.. at that point, I'd really rather have wings from Domino's before I wait an hour. I've never been impressed with BWW, DH likes their wing sauces and that they have boneless wings, But... I could take it or leave it, and its not ever a place I suggest going to. I don't like the consistency of their sauces, and I don't like that they want to charge extra if you'd like more than one cup of dressing and 3 pcs of celery. They're already overpriced for crappy food if you ask me.

14. m2475

m2475 Well-Known Member

The service at BWW is very slow! It takes a long time to get your food!

15. le

le Well-Known Member

We lunched at Logan's once a couple of years ago. Never really wanted to try it but they were busier than any other place down there so figured somebody must like it. Whole experience was awful. Service was way slow. Atmosphere, well there ain't any. Food tasted like a lukewarm tv dern dinner. Will never go back.

Did go to Chili's at White Oak for the first time recently. Place was packed. Service was sensational. Food (grilled chicken pita) was fabulous!

16. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

We ate there for date night a couple months ago, the food was good. I hadn't tried them previously because they had had a bad sanitation grade sometime last year too.

Logan's is OK, but nothing to write home about. I much prefer Texas Steakhouse, but hate going to Smt. now.

17. barney726

barney726 Well-Known Member

We went to Buffalo Wild Wings tonight. Waitress was in training. Service was excellent and very friendly. Our food was hot and well prepared. No complaints. No bad dining experience for us at Buffalo Wild Wings !
    They had a face painter tonight for kids. She was very good and there was a good crowd.

18. harleygirl

harleygirl Well-Known Member

That's why you drink beer and talk ... time flys by :lol:

DH and I have been there several times and enjoyed it.

19. ferrickhead28

ferrickhead28 Well-Known Member

Yeah, thats why we dont go there anymore either!

We went ONE time...sat at the bar, order a couple of drinks which were lousy. We handed the bartender the credit card to pay out. She walks over to the register, put my credit card IN HER MOUTH and proceeding to check out. She then took it out, apparently swallowed, then put it back in her mouth. I got the manager over and showed him. He looked just as disgusted as I was. I took it home in a napkin and wiped it down with lysol.
    GROSS.

Not a very clean place, they reallly need to work on that sanitation grade!

20. Southernborn

Southernborn Well-Known Member

We used to go weekly, before school started back. Of course, we didn't take the kiddo's, so we'd sit on the bar side and we've always had wonderful experiences there. My beer has always been full and my wings hot!