Local restaurant at 40/42 and white oak crossing

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by football, Oct 9, 2007.

1. KellBell

KellBell Well-Known Member

I agree somewhat...I want to know about bad sanitation grades more so. Personal opinions are interesting at best, however, they aren't 'deal killers' for me, regarding restaurants and movies.

2. MommySAIDno

MommySAIDno Well-Known Member

That's how I feel. I take the comments (good and bad) into consideration, but I usually like to find out for myself (unless it's a bad sanitation grade). I do like a heads up about stuff like this.

Besides, football, I have a sneaky suspicion you are either the new manager of the place or a good friend of his at least. ;) :?: You didn't show up on here until the Pizza Inn thread was started. And, that's the only place you've posted until you started this thread.:rolleyes: Maybe not, but it just seems to me that you are taking the Pizza Inn comments very personal.:rolleyes:

If making a comment about bad service/food you recieved and PAID for means you are not a God Loving person, then does that also mean you are not a "God Loving person" when you complain that you have been to the same auto mechanic place 3 times and they have not done the work on your car properly all 3 times? I mean, if you go to a business and pay for something, you have a right to expect at least reasonably good returns for your $. And that does not make you a non "God Loving" person at all.

SOooooooo....If I were to post something like this:
    so fellow 4042ers, I went to the Doc to have a my broken arm set. He set the bone wrong. Went back to him because it still hurt so he had to re-break it and set it right. He set the bone wrong again. I went back because it still hurt. He wanted to re-break it so he could set it right. I decided to take my arm and my $$ to another Doc this time. I won't be seeing the old Doc again. His name is.......... Just wanted to let my friends know so they won't have to go through the same thing I did. Don't go see Dr. ......... Also, it made me kinda mad that I gave my $ to Dr......... and he didn't do the job right so I thought I'd come on the local community forum where folks regularly voice their opinions (since that's what this board is mostly for) and vent about my bad experience a bit. I feel better now:mrgreen:

.................. Then I guess you would say I am just not being a "God Loving" person? Hmmmmmm:rolleyes: .....
    :rolleyes: ...thinking....
    :rolleyes: ....thinking some more....
    Nope - that still doesn't make any sense to me, no matter how hard I try;)

Try to remember that the comments about the place were not meant to hurt your feelings, even if you do have some "personal interest" in the place. They were just comments on what folks have observed and experienced there, both bad AND good. No one was attacking you.

3. dangerboy

dangerboy Well-Known Member

another vote for LSB!! we've been in there a half dozen times now and it has been excellent every time, no matter what day, day or evening. excellent food and service and the prices are reasonable imho

4. tawiii

tawiii Guest

I eat there quite often and have enjoyed it every time. Everyone that works there is great and the owner is pretty nice too. They have something on special nearly every night so you can try things for a little less than menu price.

They also have drink specials nightly also. Tuesday and Saturday they have $.99. Don't know what that's like since I am usually elsewhere.

Anyhow, try them at least once. You won't regret it. Besides...........................local owner ;)

5. dgsatman

dgsatman Well-Known Member

Went in a few Saturdays back, and the $.99 drink special was for domestic drafts, 16oz at that! Not bad for a buck!!! 8)

6. dangerboy

dangerboy Well-Known Member

a cold 16 oz bud in a mason jar for 99 cents....perfect

7. MommySAIDno

I've never been to LSB. What kind of food do they serve?

8. KellBell

KellBell Well-Known Member

Ale House, Draft House, Ruby Tuesday style...some of everything

9. Southernborn

Southernborn Well-Known Member

Here is an article about in from the Herald...

Restaurateur is back in business
    [​IMG]
    Richard Stevens wanted to return to the restaurant business.
    Herald photo by Michael McLoone

Story Tools [​IMG] Printer Friendly [​IMG] Email to a Friend [​IMG] Enlarge Font [​IMG] Decrease Font [​IMG] del.icio.us [​IMG] Digg it More Business [​IMG][​IMG]Restaurateur is back in business[​IMG][​IMG]Walls come tumbling down[​IMG][​IMG]This playhouse has purpose
    Ad Links Buy a link »
    adsonar_pid=485758;adsonar_ps=1113716;adsonar_zw=268;adsonar_zh=205;adsonar_jv='ads.adsonar.com';

By Sarah McNeil, Staff Reporter
    CLAYTON — A restaurant owner who retired more than 20 years ago is back in business.
    Richard Stevens opened Lock Stock & Barrel, a western-themed eatery, Aug. 21 at the Clayton Corner shopping center. Stevens used to own six Lock Stock & Barrel restaurants in Raleigh, Durham, Cary, Jacksonville and Wilmington. He opened his first restaurant in 1972 and retired from the business in the 1980s.
    "This is what I know and I needed to do something," he said after the Clayton eatery's opening. Stevens repainted the walls, installed new equipment and replaced tablecloths with replicas of newspapers. The restaurant and full-service bar can seat about 100 people.
    The menu features a variety of chicken and steak sandwiches as well as burgers. A more unusual item is a grilled cheese and hickory-smoked bacon sandwich on sourdough bread. Other entrees include steaks, baby back ribs, shrimp, fish and Italian foods.
    Side items include baked potatoes smothered in butter and sour cream, steak fries, rice pilaf, sautéed mushrooms and onions and house salads.
    To top off a meal, customers can get New York-style cheesecake topped with strawberries or blueberries. Also key lime pie is on the menu.
    So far, the reviews have been positive, Stevens said. "People love our food," he said. "Good service and quality food is what we expect to give people." Lock Stock & Barrel is at 11649 U.S. 70 West. Hours are 11 a.m. till 10 p.m. Monday through Friday and 11 a.m. till 2 a.m. Saturdays. Karaoke is offered on Saturday evenings, starting at 9:30. The restaurant plans to open on Sundays in the near future.

10. MommySAIDno

Thanks guys! Yum, LSB sounds really good. DH and I will give it a try with the kids soon. If we can tear ourselves away from Pizza Inn, that is:shock: :lol: NOT!!!