Body Shop recommendations

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by Vitameatavegemin, Oct 11, 2007.

1. Vitameatavegemin

Vitameatavegemin Well-Known Member

Hi...Had a deer jump in front of me a couple of nights ago and my hood is damaged. (My daughter is having a tough time...the policeman had to shoot the deer because her back legs were broken. I didn't let her look but couldn't block the sound, even with the radio).Anyhow, I digress... I need a new hood and was thinking that a body shop might be less expensive than the Nissan dealer...any suggestions?

2. Southernborn

Southernborn Well-Known Member

Larry Estes Body Shop

[SIZE=-1]maps.google.com

2633 Benson Rd
    Garner, NC 27529
    (919) 772-4727[/SIZE]

3. KellBell

KellBell Well-Known Member

Kenny's Collision Center, right off of 50 going towards Benson at 50/210

1190 Stephenson Rd
    Benson, NC 27504

I have used him for 4 different cars over the years (all other peoples fault, I swear)

4. kw

kw Member

Had the same thing happen to me. I used H&H Body Shop on Guy Road. Tim Hardee is great to work with and does excellent work. I was also following behind someone who was hauling a desk and one of the shelves flew out of the truck and put a hole in my bumper. He replaced the bumper and painted it and it's good as new. Can't tell it has ever had any work.

5. Grammie

Grammie Guest

Carolina Auto. I got rear ended by two SUV's at the same time. Had no back end left. They fixed it so it looked brand new and matched the paint also. It only took 13 days to fix. The longest wait was for parts from the dealer. They were really great there too.

6. mom2~1boy

mom2~1boy Guest

USA Auto Body on Loop Rd...

7. zookeeper

zookeeper Well-Known Member

www.true2form.com

In Clayton on Hwy 70 - they transformed what looked like a potato chip, back into a car! It looks like new! Brian at True2Form keeps you up to date on whats going on, they detail your car beautifully before you pick it up - Very reasonable prices and quality work. Great people!

8. Angeleyes

Angeleyes Guest

I was gonna ask if you dart out in traffic for a hobbie? lol

9. ShrtnSwt

ShrtnSwt Well-Known Member

OMG I bet you are that crazy lady on 40 I cuss every morning. LOL j/k

10. kaci

kaci Well-Known Member

i second Larry Estes, great honest guy who does top of the line work and doesn't try to pass off bonding, etc as new parts.

As for Kenny's Collision - i would not let him work on a tricycle.

11. Tangerine

Tangerine Well-Known Member

JR Allen in Four Oaks.
    He just did my daughters car that she totaled in August. He's fixed mine a few times. He does a great job and he usually gives the lowest estimates.

12. Tit4Tat

Tit4Tat Well-Known Member

Can u clear your mailbox so I cam PM you. says I cant PM yu until you delete some of your messages....lol

Love ya!

13. Tangerine

Tangerine Well-Known Member

i just emptied it but i need to go. mom is driving me nuts. lol call me tonight.

Last edited: Oct 11, 2007
  14. Vitameatavegemin

Thanks so much for all the recommendations...
    This was my first run-in with an animal (ok, well, I did hit a squirrel once...and a suicidal bird landed right in front of my truck once)...but this was pretty dramatic. I'm lucky the air bags didn't go off...besides the chemical burns and knocked out teeth that can result, I hear that's pretty expensive to deal with on it's own.
    I'll have to get a few estimates, so I do appreciate being pointed in the right direction! Thanks again!
    ann

15. kaci

kaci Well-Known Member

Good luck, hope you find someone you can trust - that is so crucial.

Stay away from Kenny, please for your own sake!!!!!

16. gcoats3

gcoats3 Well-Known Member

I had very minor damage on a vehicle, took it to H&H and asked Tim to tell me how much it would cost to fix. I had no intention of shopping around for cheapest price. I just wanted to know how much it would cost before authorizing repairs. He would not go out and look at it until I agreed to pay him for an estimate. I left and went by Deacon Jones in Smithfield and they gave me an estimate. Total damage $198.00. They did a very good job and never asked me to pay for an estimate.

17. Vitameatavegemin

Never thought of that...I thought estimates would be free! Thanks for the heads-up!

18. KellBell

I could be her....no doubt about it...but I swear....there for a while....I was having somewhat of a streak of bad luck....

-car parked on the street, carload of teenagers, plowed right into it....
    -making a left turn and yeilding and person rams into the back of me
    -hydroplaned off 40 at 3am one night in the pouring rain
    -turning left (yet again) off Crapital onto Highwoods, some re-My Friend ran the red light...smashed me up

Kenny hooked me up all 4 times.....outstanding guy! :mrgreen:

19. Angeleyes

Angeleyes Guest

After all that you should be getting a discount. lol

20. KellBell

I actually did get some things worked out for the good! ;)