A place for random thoughts....

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by JenniferK, Mar 15, 2006.

1. Angeleyes

Angeleyes Guest

I think I may be getting sick. Damn sick people walking around giving it to everybody they come in contact with. I am going to start spraying people at random with lysol. lol

2. KellBell

KellBell Well-Known Member

wash them hands girl, everytime you get up and go away from your area!!! and then spray folks too if they come near your personal space! icky germs.

3. mom2~1boy

mom2~1boy Guest

GermX is my friend :)

4. bandmom

bandmom Well-Known Member

Thanks for the laughs.........time to go do some real work now. :mrgreen:

5. mom2~1boy

mom2~1boy Guest

real work, whats that I need some:roll:

6. nsanemom22

nsanemom22 Well-Known Member

7. Angeleyes

Angeleyes Guest

I wash my hands all the time. I still get sick alot. I may need to take some vitamins and spray people with lysol.

8. KellBell

KellBell Well-Known Member

sounds like the perfect plan!!

9. mom2~1boy

mom2~1boy Guest

Angel have you tried Airborne, to see if that helps you..

10. GarnerGirl2000

GarnerGirl2000 Well-Known Member

i am lost today!

11. elims

elims Well-Known Member

Where do frogs go for the winter? Do they only live one season, or do they hibernate when it gets cold? *ponder*

12. Southernborn

Southernborn Well-Known Member

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Frequently Asked Questions[/FONT][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
    Students Ask and Experts Answer
    [FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][​IMG][/FONT][/FONT] [FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Ecology[/FONT]
    [FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Q. Where do frogs live?
    A.
    They live near lakes, ponds, and streams. This habitat helps keep their skin moist, which is necessary to their survival.

Q. What do frogs eat?
    A.
    Frogs are carnivores. They eat other animals, typically bugs and worms.

Q. How do frogs hunt for food?
    A.
    Except for an occasional blink, the hunting frog sits almost motionless. It waits for a meal to fly by, then snares it with a long, sticky tongue.

Q. How does a frog use its tongue?
    A.
    When a fly or bug flits by, the frog hurls out its sticky tongue, snares the prey, and curls its tongue back in to swallow the meal. It's similar to casting out a fish line, then reeling in a fish.

Q. How is a frog's tongue different from most animal tongues?
    A.
    It is attached in the front instead of the back, just the opposite of most tongues.

Q. Why do so many frogs come out onto roads when it rains?
    A.
    Frogs need to keep their amphibian skin moist. They come out to move over land without drying out when it's rainy and wet. They come out on rainy days or nights to forage.

Q. Where do frogs go in winter?
    A.
    Different species have different stategies for surviving winter. Northern leopard frogs, for example, pass the winter at the bottom of deeper lakes, far beneath the ice. They settle quietly on the lake bottom in deep water. They stay concealed behind a log or other debris to escape predators. Other types of frogs may hibernate under leaf litter.

Q. How do frogs survive the winter in cold places?
    A.
    The frogs hibernate in burrows or bury themselves in mud. Toads and frogs are cold-blooded and their body processes slow down as the outside temperature drops. This is why you sometimes find frogs sunning themselves in the spring. Their body temp needs to rise for them to move well. Frogs' bodies have some natural antifreeze chemicals built into them, but a few kinds of frogs who live in especially cold climates can even survive being frozen solid.

Q. Do frogs migrate?
    A.
    Frogs migrate when they go between their shallow summer breeding ponds and deeper lakes where they overwinter. Sometimes they have to cross busy roads to do this, which results in many frog deaths during spring and fall migrations.

Q. How do frogs time their migration from summer breeding swamps to winter lakes?
    A.
    They move during rainy or high humidity days or evenings. Frogs stay out of the deep lakes until they are ready to hibernate, as hungry fish would gladly make a meal out of them. Frogs that arrive early hang out in the vegetation along the shore. Frogs that arrive later, when the weather is colder, swim way out to deep water, ready to begin hibernating.

Q. Do frogs hibernate?
    A. We casually say they hibernate, but frogs actually estivate. That means to pass the time in a state of dormancy or torpor. Frogs estivate to escape unusually hot or dry weather as well as the freezing temperatures of winter.

Q. If frogs have to have wet skin, how do they survive during very hot or very dry spells?
    A.
    During extensive periods of heat or drought, frogs can enter a period of dormancy similar to hibernation called estivation.

Q. Why do frogs sun themselves?
    A.
    This behavior is called basking. When temperatures are cool, frogs need to bask in sunshine to warm up enough to be able to move. That's because they are cold-blooded, and their body temperature changes with the external temperature.

Q. What is a frog's role in the ecosystem?
    A.
    They eat insects, small fish, and other small aquatic and terrestrial animals. In turn they provide food for fish, some large insects, snakes, lizards, larger frogs, birds, and small carnivorous and omnivorous mammals.
    [/FONT]
    [FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
    [/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][​IMG]
    [FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Copyright 1997-2007 Journey North. All Rights Reserved. Please send all questions, comments, and suggestions to our feedback form.[/FONT]​
    [FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][​IMG][/FONT]
    [/FONT]​

13. nsanemom22

DOH! nevermind

14. MommySAIDno

MommySAIDno Well-Known Member

WOW SB - can you answer my DD's algebra questions please:?: :lol:

15. Angeleyes

Angeleyes Guest

No does it work? I have seen it on tv.

16. Angeleyes

Angeleyes Guest

At some point in life does someone take men aside and teach them how to be A******* or does it come natural? My random thought of the day lol

17. Clif

Clif Guest

No, it's taught. Usually by women.

18. nsanemom22

Sadly, I believe that to be true.

19. DAH22

DAH22 Well-Known Member

YEAHHH!!! Thank You Lord!!! We are now going to be CLOSED on Christmas Eve!!!!!!!!!! YEAH!!!:-D :-D :-D

20. KDsGrandma

KDsGrandma Well-Known Member

Oh, dern, I wanted to schedule my mammo on Christmas Eve!

NOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:lol::lol::lol: