A place for random thoughts....

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by JenniferK, Mar 15, 2006.

1. DAH22

DAH22 Well-Known Member

thanks KT!!!!!!!!!!!!!:lol: :lol:

2. harleygirl

harleygirl Well-Known Member

Neither one of us was sick. We might be after being in that freezing RBC center :shock: Good thing I made soup! :mrgreen:

One thing I do know how to make! :lol:

3. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

LOL, I was sick, just with an earache though, nothing contagious.:mrgreen: ................finally getting to go to the doc at 1:45 this afternoon.

4. MommySAIDno

MommySAIDno Well-Known Member

So, you gonna share your recipe or what?:mrgreen:

5. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

DH has requested homemade lasagna this weekend.............I hate making it, it's such mess............but the leftovers will be great.

6. mom2~1boy

mom2~1boy Guest

I did chicken pastry last night, thinking about doing some homemade soup Sunday...great leftovers

7. sheblondy

sheblondy Well-Known Member

Great Chili Weather !

8. ServerSnapper

ServerSnapper Well-Known Member

I have been craving a good vegetable soup. Any ideas? I love soup. Especially with cheese toast to dip. Sweet tomatoes has great soup and bread.

9. mom2~1boy

mom2~1boy Guest

fix your own, add what ya want let it simmer all day and it will be great....

10. JenniferK

JenniferK Well-Known Member

HG- You went to the seminar yesterday? I wanted to go, but didn't want to use a day of vacation to do it. How was it?

TH-You better not make those boys stay home while you go trick or treating, if you come to my house without your kids, you're gettin' egged!

And my almost 12 yo will be trick or treating this year with her baby sister, and probably for a few more years to come. I think as long as they are accompanying a younger sibling, it's still ok, lol....

11. ServerSnapper

ServerSnapper Well-Known Member

I don't think adding a Blonde to my soup would make her happy. Or a Redhead, Brunette...xcetra...knowwhatIamsayingyo?

12. mom2~1boy

mom2~1boy Guest

but fixin her some soup would score big time!!!

13. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

I came up with my own recipe for chicken & dumplings a few months ago, because none of the recipes I could find were exactly what I wanted. The only thing really different is that I add some poultry seasoning to the broth (like what you use on the bird at Thanksgiving), it really gives it a good, "savory" flavor. DS requests it frequently. I hadn't seen that in any of my recipes, but the broth just seemed to be "missing" something till I added that.

14. froggerplus

froggerplus Well-Known Member

kd et al....not feeling the love but hey...gotta show up to feel it! Been so busy lately, I havent' really been around.

Ya'll, don't worry about the job interviews. Stress just creates facial lines ;) . Need a little Tequila, just PM me.

HG, :-( . Don't worry, hon. Your chicken soup will make him all better!!

Jenn, ugh, no bouncie balls over here. Surprise audit LATE in the day yesterday. Was here until 5:30.

My hands are still killing me. What can make you gain 14 lbs in 10 days and swell up like a balloon, then lose 7 lbs in 3 days, lose the use of your hands, and have ankles the look like you're 8 months pregnant?! Give up? Doc does too :evil: .

Frogger

15. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

Feel better! Went through several nasty tests a couple months ago for some mysterious symptoms. They didn't find much, and nothing really to do for what they did find but live with it. Doctors............grrrr!

16. mom2~1boy

mom2~1boy Guest

froggie - I hope you get better soon, I know it sucks...

17. MommySAIDno

Tell the truth - you drank too much tequila;) :lol: j/k
    (maybe not ENOUGH) :?: :mrgreen:

Seriously, hope you feel better. Can't think of much more frustrating than not knowing what the cause of an illness is. the weight fluctuation and swelling sound pretty scary. Did your Doc really give up? Maybe you need to try another Doc or something.

18. Southernborn

Southernborn Well-Known Member

I love making it, it's so easy, I use shell noodles instead of lasagna noodles...yummy

My Chicken noodle soup recipe/easy/low cal and good (Vary you quanity for the size of your family)

30 min 10 min prep
    1 (46 fluid ounce) can chicken broth (I buy low sodium kind)1/2 lb boneless skinless chicken, cut into bite size pieces 1 1/2 cups uncooked medium egg noodles 1 cup sliced carrots 1/2 cup chopped onions 1/2 cup celery (optional, I don't use this)1 teaspoon dill weed (optional, i don't use this)1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper

1. In a large saucepan, over medium heat, heat chicken broth, chicken, noodles, carrots, onion, celery, dill and pepper to a boil.
    2. Reduce heat; simmer 20 minutes or until chicken and noodles are cooked.

19. Southernborn

Southernborn Well-Known Member

Quick, easy and good veggie/meat soup:

brown 1 lb. hamburger meat
    Veg All Cans
    V 8 juice
    spices
    Put in a pot and let it simmer for a while...emmm so good!

Put as many veg all cans and v 8 juice in them as you would like to make it to the consistency you like.

We all love this in my family.

20. MommySAIDno

Well Yummy! Those both sound great SB. Thanks for sharing (the links are great too). I'll be making those soon with the cooler weather and all.

NOW I'm hungry:lol: