A place for random thoughts....

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by JenniferK, Mar 15, 2006.

1. kaci

kaci Well-Known Member

Yep, i have one grandaughter and i may spoil her just a bit:-D

2. INTHEBUFF

INTHEBUFF Well-Known Member

Well girls I'd have to disagree and agree with the statement "glad I don't have girls". I have two of the sweetest, loving girls a mom could have. The oldest is in college and doing a great job as an adult, while the other is finishing up with high school. Never have had any serious issues with them, easy to handle girls overall, except for ya know, that time of the month. Neither have been drama queens or moody, we reserve those rights for the nazi dad they have, he can have more drama in his life than the three of us women. But there is the cost factor that changes everything, don't take them to the mall and say we're just looking, never getting outta there without spending a fortune, it's a girl thing. I have 6 nephews that range in ages 3-36 and they have kept me laughing throughout the years, ex. snowed one year and I asked my nephew who was home from school with me to collect some snow for snow-cream,found him on the roof, said he thought the snow would be cleaner. :shock:

3. CrazyFabulous

CrazyFabulous Well-Known Member

you are lucky! all of my friends that have girls and my sister has 2 say how moody and snoty they are. boys are busy and silly but they sure are sweet and fun!!! :-D

4. mom2~1boy

mom2~1boy Guest

:shock:
    busy is an under statement :shock:

5. ShrtnSwt

ShrtnSwt Well-Known Member

Woo Hoo leaving in 10 minutes!

6. INTHEBUFF

I really don't realize how lucky I am until other mom's start talking about their girls. I guess we never let them start that sh_t when they were little. The oldest was shy and quiet but always the perfect little angel where-ever we took her, any restaurant and no one knew she was there, the youngest just loved to talk with anyone that would listen. No drama or such as that with them, minute they'd start up about this girl and that I'd stop'em and say to just stay away from that drama, don't get involved etc.
    It could be that they have so many male family members, uncles and boy cousins that their close to that they have stayed grounded. The oldest tells everyone that her best friend is the little 10 yr. old boy she takes care of after school, ain't that sweet. Don't get me wrong, these are not your dorky, nerdy young girls, their the type that turn heads when they walk down the street, just very grounded girls.

7. nsanemom22

nsanemom22 Well-Known Member

A boy is noise with dirt on it. :mrgreen:

8. Angeleyes

Angeleyes Guest

I think my girl is sweet. She does have a oppinion on everything though. I mean everything. She isn't moody or snoty (YET) but she still has time to grow into that. lol

9. nsanemom22

Jesus! I just scared myself with my own av! :shock: How sad is that?!

...pardon me, I have some tweaking to do...

10. Angeleyes

Angeleyes Guest

That is scarey! worse than the clown by far. lol

11. MommySAIDno

MommySAIDno Well-Known Member

Yep! And a girl is an expense waiting to happen!;)

Love my 2 girls and my 2 boys. All are individuals and so different. It is one of my greatest blessings that I get to experience those differences as these precious creatures grow and change. (Yes, even on the days I want to pull my hair out). I never realized my purpose in life until I became a Mommy!:-D

12. INTHEBUFF

don't let her turn into one of those, I refuse to believe it's a gene thing. Mine were not allowed to be that way, same as my mom had 4 of us and we were never allowed to be snotty or dramatic, she said she didn't have the time to deal with that crap so stop it immediately or she'd fix us, I never wanted to find out what she'd do to me. Our poor little brother never had a chance with the four of us.:mrgreen:
    Don't go for that crap about, "well, that's what girls do", they only act and do what we the parents allow, simply not allowed at my house, I really don't have the tolerance for all that 90210, one tree hill crap. I think a lot of this behaviour they get from TV etc.
    Okay, I feel better.:oops:
    Thanks.:-D

13. MommySAIDno

MommySAIDno Well-Known Member

Oh! Thank you!! THIS av is way better. You scared me too.

14. ShrtnSwt

ShrtnSwt Well-Known Member

Darn I missed it! What was your avatar?

15. Bren

Bren Well-Known Member

Don't you love it when the inspector passes the work your DH does? Bring it on Progress Energy....get us some power out at Lake Royale so we can take our camper out there this weekend!!! :mrgreen:

16. harleygirl

harleygirl Well-Known Member

I've OD's on the meds. I'm loopy :lol:

17. bandmom

bandmom Well-Known Member

I have one of each and they're both fun, lovable young adults. The son (20yrs) can get an attitude at times but for the most part he's kind, considerate (especially with older/senior adults)...all the ladies at church just love on him all the time....basically he's a good kid. My daughter (17yrs) had always been mature for her age....sometimes to a fault! I'm like losen up, have some fun! But she's a snuggle bunny, makes good grades, has education/career goals....
    Mine never had that snippy, snotty attitude with us....if they started it..."we nipped it in the bud". Too many parents don't start early enough expecting respect from their kids and then they get used to it and don't even realize how disrespectful their kids treat them.:-(

18. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

I guess I am just amazed at the language I have heard some tweens and teens use, not to mention what they are wearing. My momma would have washed my mouth out and locked me in my room before letting me behave like that in public or look like some of them do. Not that DS is perfect, by any means, but at least I can dress him without stuff being written across the butt or looking like Paris Hilton at 12 years old. I don't even try to buy clothes for my nieces. The girls dept freaks me out. :shock:

19. bandmom

bandmom Well-Known Member

Fortunately (or unfortunately...) my daughter can't fit into most of the popular teen clothes, she's way too busty :oops: and fuller on the bottom and she is very aware of to much cleavage and the muffin top effect etc. She strives to dress current but covered. Sometimes it is really frustrating trying to find clothes....but she does pretty well. :-D

20. nsanemom22

This was posted earlier. I snagged it, minimized it and made it an av... [​IMG]