Lowes Foods Opening?

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by Tamo245, Oct 30, 2007.

1. Tamo245

Tamo245 Active Member

Anyone know when? I'm really excited about it!

2. DMJmom

DMJmom Well-Known Member

As far as I know, it's still on for next Wednesday (11/7)! I haven't heard any details, like opening specials or anything, but I too am very excited! My DH and I drive in there about twice a week to see what's going on! The shelves are stocked, the landscaping is going like crazy and today they are repaving the roads! If anyone hears details about grand opening, please post on here! I was at the opening of the one in Garner years ago, and they gave away all kinds of goodies and different things!

3. kookookacho

kookookacho Well-Known Member

So this lowe's is at the corner of what and what road?

I don't live up there no mo. 8) But am willing to drive up that way for coupon deals. :mrgreen:

4. gaby's mom

gaby's mom Well-Known Member

hwy 50 and 42.

5. barney726

barney726 Well-Known Member

traffic was a nightmare around 42 and 50 today about 1230. paving was creating a nightmare at noon. looking at the cars over by the new lowes foods i would say they have enough help to get it done by 11/7.

6. DMJmom

DMJmom Well-Known Member

I live about a mile from this lowes, and have been watching things very closely! :-D Their parking lot has been packed for a week now, I'm assuming it's the new employees doing their training. And yep, they've been repaving since 9 this morning, and were still at it at 1:00 today, so if that's your route coming home tonight keep that in mind!

7. CakePrincess

CakePrincess Well-Known Member

Tell me about it. I was there yesterday and today. Total waiting time was 20 minutes to wait for the construction man to flip "SLOW" from "STOP" hand sign. Geez. I had to bring my novel book to keep me from being insane.

8. granola acres mayor

granola acres mayor Well-Known Member

here is the scoop, we will be opening on the seventh as predicted. and the piles of cars in the parking lot are mostley construction peeps. the beautiful hardwood floor is still being installed all caned items and frozen items are set and the front end is up and ready, all training was done in the Garner and Clayton store, so if we are in the new building we are cleaning and stocking. we All are very excited to be there and it is so pretty inside. lots of love and planning went onto this project. the employees and managers are the best of the best. please come visit me in the deli. I as well as you, cant wait untill we open. I am sure there will be goodies distributed for grand opening, please come out and join us.

9. frugalmomoftwo

frugalmomoftwo Well-Known Member

Thanks for the update Granola! We are looking forward to the opening. See you at the deli.

10. DMJmom

DMJmom Well-Known Member

If you see a woman with a squirmy 2 year old at the opening, that'll be me! Can't wait to go check it out!

11. Bren

Bren Well-Known Member

gam, I'm looking forward to seeing you again. I know who you are now...your daughter was on the phone with my daughter and 4042 came into the conversation. :mrgreen:

Bren

12. KellBell

KellBell Well-Known Member

I live about 3 miles away....and I cannot wait.

:mrgreen:

13. Tamo245

Tamo245 Active Member

Is there going to be a salad bar open in the evenings so I can stop by on my way home from work? If so, I'll be there at least 4 or 5 days a week!

14. LI-bratz

LI-bratz Well-Known Member

Lowes

no there will not be a salad bar at this one. They are doing away with this.

We have the Olive bar, soup & will have fresh salads for you. However the best news is we will be able to make you fresh subs right there however you want!!!!!!!!

This store is gorgeous!!!

On 11/7 if you get there at 6am at the opening time on the opening day you will be able to see what you get!!!!!

15. harleygirl

harleygirl Well-Known Member

I don't remember the last time I was up at 6AM :lol:

16. mnredsky

mnredsky Well-Known Member

Ken....that's just wrong :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: funny!!! but oh so wrong :shock:

17. Bren

Bren Well-Known Member

Now I know you did NOT just post that Ken!!!

18. DMJmom

DMJmom Well-Known Member

6AM??? I plan on being there about 9:30, I had no idea it'd be open so early!

19. LI-bratz

LI-bratz Well-Known Member

yes 6am

6am -midnight all week long

They have some specials for the early birds-I don't know what they are though

I do know they are giving gift cards away for the first three days I don't know how many a day or at what amount

20. bandmom

bandmom Well-Known Member

Anyone else heard the radio ad for the Lowes grand opening? They're saying the store is located at the intersection of Hwy 50 and 42, in CLAYTON..:rolleyes:
    Boy, some people are going to be really lost!!!