OMG!!! You Dodge Freaks like me!! Check this out!

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by ServerSnapper, Oct 31, 2007.

1. ServerSnapper

ServerSnapper Well-Known Member

Last edited: Nov 2, 2007
  2. ServerSnapper

Well to social nerds like yourself who count soy beans for fun it would seem that way. Go crawl under a rock and cry about how much gas it will suck down.

3. ServerSnapper

4. ServerSnapper

My mochismo would be so large riding in one of these....I wouldn't go over 45 on 40. Just to style and profile. And to keep the bugs out of my teeth riding with the window down and my head sticking out the window...grinning ear to ear!!

5. mnredsky

mnredsky Well-Known Member

6. mnredsky

LMAO...you have a way with words and I just love it!!!:lol:

7. wolfcub

wolfcub Well-Known Member

8. Jester

Jester Well-Known Member

According to what I've read, that Barracuda isn't a Chrysler at all. It was built by a independent company for a customer and apparently is intended to show off their abilities. Of course, the Dodge Challenger is still planned for production but the first year will be very limited...5,000 units. Expect dealer mark-ups for sure. I really like the Challenger, though and I loooooove the rear of that Barracuda.

As for the Tomahawk, I had saw that Chrysler was indeed going to make a few for the ultra wealthy (like Jay Leno) that wanted one for their collection. However, they would not be produced to be 'street legal'.

9. ServerSnapper

I can't see it!!!

10. ServerSnapper

[​IMG]

I am on the list for the 2009 Challenger SRT8

11. ServerSnapper

[​IMG]

The two door should have come out instead of the 4 door. JMO!!

12. ServerSnapper

13. Jester

Jester Well-Known Member

As for police car top speed, the Crown Vic is 130 mph, the V6 Dodge Charger (like the Clayton Police's newest edition) is 132 mph and the Hemi Charger tops out at 148 mph. Chevy Impala reaches top speed at 139 mph and the Tahoe at 136 mph. Of course, there are a handful of Mustang GTs lurking around here and there being used for police work, too.

Top speed isn't really what these cars are all about, however, Their driving and handling dynamics and their comfort and usefulness is what really makes the ideal car. That's why the Ford maintains its dominance in the market as the best all-around police sedan. On the Michigan State Police road course, the Crown Victoria actually outaccelerated all but the Hemi Charger, which was about 4 seconds quicker on the track.

Basically, with all of those reaching speeds of 130 mph and being able to accelerate rather quickly, none are likely to be outrun without substantial amounts of speed, which isn't likely to be safely applied on a public highway anyway.

14. Jester

Jester Well-Known Member

I've only seen a Boss Hoss one time and that was on the back of a trailer being hauled by a company truck up I-95. When they say 'Hoss' they ain't kidding. I bet that's a heavy machine as wide as it is.

That turbine-powered bike of Leno's is something else. I read about it in Popular Mechanics one time. Slow rolling from a dig, but incredible speed as it builds more power. Also, seems like I remembered reading that it didn't have traditional gearing. It was like just all throttle. Not very practical, but a very interesting motorcycle.

15. ServerSnapper

[​IMG]+

There is an economy car!!!

16. mnredsky

Please stop! Now I want to go drive fast!!!! I just may have to go for a spin on the 4-wheeler today....LOL...not comparable but it'll do for now. :mrgreen:

17. ServerSnapper

I am so affraid you have your facts messed up!!

18. Jester

Jester Well-Known Member

On what account? I got those numbers from the Michigan State Police testing.

19. ServerSnapper

20. Jester

Jester Well-Known Member

That's what I posted about the Hemi Charger. Road & Track says 'over 145 mph' and the MSP testing shows 148 mph. What's messed up about that?