Boy Scout Popcorn

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by shygrrl, Nov 8, 2007.

1. shygrrl

shygrrl Well-Known Member

Hey guys, I know a few of you were associated with the Boy Scouts and wanted to ask a question. Over a month ago (maybe closer to two months), a Boy Scout came to my door selling popcorn for their fundraiser. My husband bought a $20 tin of the chocolate popcorn from the boy but did not get any kind of receipt or anything. We have never heard another peep from them and have never gotten the popcorn. To their credit, until a few weeks ago, we were gone a lot during the evenings so they may have just given up BUT then a lady at work was selling for her son and they had the same popcorn advertised at $16?!? Did I get ripped? Not feeling real good about the local scouts right about now. Anybody got any advise?

2. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

I don't know about the pricing off the top of my head, but the popcorn for our pack is not even being delivered to us until tomorrow. The prices were clearly marked on the order sheet, this I do know. I don't think a scout is trying to "rip you off"

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 8, 2007
  3. RCARP

RCARP Well-Known Member

The chocolate popcorn is $20.00, there is a caramel (i think) that is $17.00. Most of the area troops are getting their popcorn this week. The boys normally sale for about 1 month then another couple weeks to get the popcorn to the troop. Add a couple of day for delivery, you could have 1-2 month wait time easily.

4. bostonredhead

bostonredhead Well-Known Member

Ours came today

5. shygrrl

OK, just checking. Maybe the prices are different for different counties or something. You just never know these days. Thanks!

6. ibleedbluee

ibleedbluee Active Member

For anyone buying popcorn from the Scouts, don't pay till it's delivered. We have a kid in our s/d that's sold for the last two years. Last year I ordered and gave him $15 cash. 15 months later I still have no popcorn, refund or apology. He came around selling this year and my wife politely told him no. I asked him once where the popcorn was because it was two weeks after I was told it would be delivered, and he said it was late and should be in in two weeks. I don't know the kid or his parents, so I've never brought the issue up. It was only $15, and I hope it went to a good cause and not into his pocket. Just be warned.

7. sheblondy

sheblondy Well-Known Member

You can call the BSA Boys Scouts of America phone # and ask them when the popcorn is coming in for your area. I remember it taking a while.

8. mommy3

mommy3 Well-Known Member

First of all, my husband is a Cubmaster and also a Den leader.

Our popcorn was picked up at the district yesterday. Den Leaders received theirs last night. They should all be distributed to the individual boys before the end of the week. Trust me, if you could see how much popcorn is piled in my kitchen you would know how eager we are to deliver it to you. I would expect to see your popcorn by the end of the weekend or the first of next week (at least this is what is happening in our house....we have a Cub Scout and a Boy Scout and together they sold about $1100 worth). My kids are told to tell those that buy the popcorn that it will be in the middle of November so that there is no question about how long it is taking.

Let me just say that we appreciate any and all that purchase from these hard working boys. It takes a lot of time and leg work to sell that much popcorn. My kids were out selling during all those HOT September days. (by the way, their dad goes with them to every door for safety) We (the Pack and the Troop) receive a portion of the profits and I can assure you that it is spent wisely and in a way that each child (no matter how much they sale) benefits throughout the year. I just wanted to say thank you to those that purchased. Have faith, you'll be munching away very soon.:lol:

9. shygrrl

Thanks again! I am ready for that chocolate covered heaven!!

10. RCARP

RCARP Well-Known Member

Yes, had my sample of the chocolate today. YMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

11. blessed2adopt2

blessed2adopt2 Well-Known Member

I love this popcorn, and had not been approached about buying any. Is there a place I can buy it from now?

Thx

12. kookookacho

kookookacho Well-Known Member

I'm picking my popcorn out of my teeth as I read.

My suggestion is if you can't pay by check when they order it then just tell them you'll pay when you get it. That's what I do... I owe them 34 bucks.

Or it might be his mom paid for it all up front... either way... yummo!:mrgreen:

13. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

LOL! Yep, they had to pay for it, I am out about $175 right now, hope I get it back!

14. NativeNC@FV

NativeNC@FV Guest

Saw your post and it interest me because my sons are involved in scouts and sell popcorn. Did some research and discovered that different Scout Councils have different prices for the popcorn. Our council sells the chocolate tin for $16 but I'm not sure if it is the same size as the one you bought. The prices and sizes are listed on the order form that you or your husband should have been shown when the scout approached you. Your Scout Council (if you live in Johnston Co.) does sell a chocolate tin for $20.

Thank you for supporting the scouts!!! The popcorn sale is a major fundraiser for them and allows the local Packs to provide a great program for their boys.

15. shygrrl

The problem was, my husband bought the stuff so I did not see the kid or the order form. I would have asked when it was supposed to come back, etc. but he does not think of doing things like that.

16. NativeNC@FV

NativeNC@FV Guest

Our Council's popcorn comes in on Nov. 17 for delivery. It may come in at a similar time in your area. Maybe you'll get it in the next week or two.

17. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

Ours came in today, DH and DS will be delivering tonight and tomorrow. :)

18. Bren

Bren Well-Known Member

I got mine last night and half of it is already gone!!

19. mommy3

mommy3 Well-Known Member

OK...one husband + 2 boys + a van full of popcorn = an empty kitchen:!::!: Hope you are home if you ordered it from us. I don't want it back in my house. It smelled great though. Enjoy and thanks again for your support.

20. ws

ws Well-Known Member

i was wondering the same thing