C3 IS A JOKE

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by d15pwer, Nov 9, 2007.

1. ServerSnapper

ServerSnapper Well-Known Member

A mind is a terrible thing to waste.

2. mnredsky

mnredsky Well-Known Member

:lol::lol: Dizam I love it!!! ROFL...bad bad

3. KDsGrandma

KDsGrandma Well-Known Member

You realize, of course, the same thing applies to your mortgage interest, your medical expenses, your state income tax and the property tax on your house and car. Or do you not take those deductions, either?

What about tax breaks on capital gains? Contributions to your retirement plan? etc. . . .

4. Clif

Clif Guest

Or, as the security guard at the dump would say, "A waste is a terrible thing to mind."

5. KDsGrandma

:lol:

6. Clif

Clif Guest

There is a difference in that these things are charges. A donation is an option, a choice to do good (in your opinion) for someone else.

7. Cleopatra

Cleopatra Well-Known Member

Those are not donations to a non-profit, God's Church.

8. KDsGrandma

Just wondered. Thanks, Clif & Cleo.

I think a lot of those other things are optional, too, or at least have an optional element, but hey, that's what makes the world go 'round. ;)

9. Hught

Hught Well-Known Member

Well how about donations to my Church which officially doesn't know if a god exists? :mrgreen:

10. magnolia

magnolia Well-Known Member

You give money to the church. Uncle Sam doesn't give it back...instead, he says "I will not make you pay taxes on money you have donated to your church." To do so would be to tax people for practicing their faith...or so some would say...and sue.

11. justme989

justme989 Guest

Wow and you think I have nerve hahaha..That sounded like a real christian comment...Geeeeez ,no need to tell my stories again.... hey check this out Clifford
    Why does everyone always bash Pizza Inn on here LoL !!!..Do you all have a personal vendetta against them and yankees? They have never hurt you or your family .If you don't like their services or food just don't go back.Find another pizza place to eat at...sound familiar ??
    hahahhah roflmao !!!!!!

12. blusdrmr

blusdrmr Well-Known Member

My old church in Michigan used the brass plates as well. I honestly don't care what they use. And as for the buckets being greedy...not at all. I guess if you have faith that God will fill them up to help grow the church, how can they be greedy? Tacky....yeah, I used to think that, too until I figured out why they passed a bucket instead. Faith, my dear...faith.

Hmmm...pretty cool. I really enjoy reading and learning about our history. Might have to check that out on my travels some day.

13. blusdrmr

Not funny at all if your faith is strong enough to fill it up and use it for growing the church and ministries. I know more than one church I have attended used some of the offering to support other ministries as well.

Many churches do that, now. At least the more contemporary ones do. I have not been to a church in the past 15 years or so that used a plate. Always been buckets or larger containers.

14. blusdrmr

Never seen any myself. Sounds like a myth to me.

15. blusdrmr

Like I had said before.....I have not been to a church in over 15 years that used plates except when I visited my old church in Michigan a couple of years ago. Every church that I have been to around here of the contemporary kind, have used a bucket or basket. Sorry, the traditional churches bore the snot out of me. They are too nicey-nice and most of the men shake hands like a dead fish. I like the sermons that when I leave, I feel like I actually learned something and maybe got my toes stepped on a bit. I used to attend one in North Raleigh for a few years until I moved out here and I remember the Pastor saying during one Sunday morning; "You came in here for the Word Of God and I am going to give you what I know. Just remember that if your toes get stepped on, you brought them in here and God can heal them before you leave." He also said; "Do not take my word for what I interperet the Bible to say. I am a man just like you and I can miss God sometimes as well. Read the Bible for yourself".

I respect that man...

16. blusdrmr

Sorry...commented to wrong post. I was referring to those who think it's creepy to keep a record of a tithe. Was that not you making one of those comments?

17. dangerboy

dangerboy Well-Known Member

yes, i said IMHO it was kinda creepy. how is that rude or defensive or bashing c3?

18. Clif

Clif Guest

Wow, I can't believe I actually now have two pwoplw on my ignore list.

19. mnredsky

mnredsky Well-Known Member

umm, Clif...move ring finger over one key :mrgreen::mrgreen:;)

20. Clif

Clif Guest

I don't touch type. I just have fat fingers.